Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• LesIsMoreXX
    LesIsMoreXX Posts: 169
    Options
    It's physically impossible for me to be a size 2. I have the widest hips ( and I'm not just talking fat, I'm talking solid bone here ). And at almost 5'10, I'd look like a walking skeleton as a size 2, anyway.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I don't think my bone structure will ever allow me to be a 2 again. I wear Gap Curvy jeans in a size 6 just about every day. They're starting to get kind of baggy around my butt. In another month or two I'll probably be able to go down to a 4. My doctor and I agree that with my frame (5'1", petite), 110 will be a good weight. Whatever size I am when I get to that point will be my happy place. I don't really care what the tag says (though a 2 would be pretty cool) as long as my cholesterol is well within the healthy range and my love handles are gone.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A size 2 is tiny and really only looks good on really short people, IMO. I am pretty short (5'0") and even I'm not aiming for a 2! I'm an NZ size 10 atm (which is a US size 6, I think), but I'd really like to be an 8 (US 4).

EDIT: I think the sizing conversion charts might be a little off... some of them are saying a size 2 is an NZ size 4 (which you can't even buy here...) and some are saying that it's a 6 (which is still fricken tiny), and then there are some people on here posting pics saying that they're a 1-2 and they don't look that small at all. So I'm just confused now :ohwell:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm a 4-6... I think I look fine.
  • susiesweets
    Options
    I know! Some of the sizes people say they are sound crazy to me. When I get to the right spot on the BMI scale, I will be a size 14/16 at about 150 pounds (height is 5'8"). I have seen people who are 150 claim to be a size 6 or 8. How could that be?? Are they 10 feet tall? :laugh: :laugh:

I was a size 8 when I weighed about 170 lbs at 6'0" tall... I'd be happy getting back there to start but I still felt flabby in places and had bat flaps under my arms that needed to go. I've always struggled with my weight and it was after a BAD bout with depression that lasted almost a year that I got down to that size. LOL I lived on ice cream and hot pockets and cried myself to sleep every night ... heaving sobs were great ab exercises. I could never be a size 2 ... Nope, my bones would not like the breaking they would need to do to fit into a pair of size 2 Jeans.
  • BobsLittleBird
    BobsLittleBird Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It seems like whenever anyone says they want to be something under a certain size (which seems to be under a size 6) they automatically assume it is unhealthy:noway: ! That is actually how I got fat! In high school and college I was a size zero to 4/6 depending on the designer. I was healthy. I had a healthy BMI I weighed 110-115 lbs (I'm 5 foot 3) But everyone kept telling me to eat more they would make mean comments about how I must have an eating disorder. I did not. I was very fit. I exercised a lot and ate very healthy. My boyfriend then who is my husband now was the only one who knew I was fine, mainly becasue I ate the same amount as he did in a day he is 6 ft tall. I had a great metabolism. I convinced myself because of what everyone was telling me that I did need to eat more so I would eat until it was uncomfortable. The mean comments slowly faded and I thought I was on the right track. Then when I reached the weight I had told myself I would never go over unless I was pregnant or recently had a baby which was 130 lbs. I saw pictures of myself and how fat my face had gotten, and went to try and buy a bikini and came home with nothing because of the large amount of cellulite on my thighs, love handles that engulfed the little bikini straps, and bingo wings at age 25. Then I found MFP and started loosing weight. Which then made me realize holy crap, everyone was pretty mean back then.

I live in a state filled with Cheese and Beer. Everyone is overweight here, being thin and healthy is a minority where I am from. I now realize that people would make backhanded comments about my size to make themselves feel better. So my goal it to be back in that 110-115 range again which will get me into a ZERO again. Don't hate on Petit People. Our frames are just smaller. My husband can put both hands around my rib cage and have his hands touch each other. You can't seem my ribs, so I'm not starving to death here. I"M JUST SMALL FRAMED. I wear the same size shoe as my 7 year old nephew for crying in the night.
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    well.. i'm 5'6.. and i weigh 121 pounds.. i'm currently a UK size 8.. which i'm guessing is a US size 4.. i don't think i would look ridiculously skinny as a size 2 to be honest.. i don't think i look stick thin as it is...

i will however admit the size of your clothes isn't everything.. i started out as a UK size 12.. and after losing 37 pounds i can definitely say i have less confidence and am more self conscious than when i started out. at the end of the day as long as you are fit, healthy and feeling great about yourself does it really matter?
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I think I would look sickly if I was a size 2! I'm currently an 8 and my goal is to be a 6, maybe a 4 but definitley not a 2.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I know! Some of the sizes people say they are sound crazy to me. When I get to the right spot on the BMI scale, I will be a size 14/16 at about 150 pounds (height is 5'8"). I have seen people who are 150 claim to be a size 6 or 8. How could that be?? Are they 10 feet tall? :laugh: :laugh:

No, they just have less body fat than you do :wink:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with a size 10, satisfied with a size 12. I have been this size before and it was a very comfortable place for me.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    you realize that sizes are a terrible indication of weight, correct? and sizes seriously fluctuate? i have 2 pairs of pants from the same store, 1 is a size 6, the other a size 0.

also, the whole size 2 isn't curvy is so bullsh!t. most of my pants are size 1 and I have an hourglass shape. i have curves thanks.

Thank you!!! I agree I just tried bein healthier and I just happen to be around a size 2, also have a size 1 & 3's. I still have hips and a butt, never had boobs anyways.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Im officially a size 4-6 and I weigh 140 lbs. When I started MFP I was nearly 170 and a size 12-14. My goal is to lose 10 more lbs. I very well could end up a size 2, even though Im comfortable in my size 4s.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 0-2 trying to gain muscle. I'd be happy if I had bigger arms and thighs ( I have the oh so coveted thigh gap ) but I can't complain now really.
    Thanks to my parents I inherited good genetics and lose weight easily. Gaining is a different story.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I want to be whatever Christina Hendricks is! But really, my goal doesn't have to do with clothing size, I mostly want to have a healthy amount of body fat and be able to shop at regular stores...And look like Christina Hendricks.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    There isn't a way I can be a size 2, IMO..lol. I just want to be a size 8-10; 175-180 lbs. Anything smaller than that I start to look weird and sick. I want to have some curves and boobs left over after its all said and done..At my height that size wouldn't look great on me.
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I thought I looked good when i was a size 11/12. Now I am a 17/18. I would really like to be a 12 again, then move down to a 10 atleast. I weigh 215 and i would really like to weigh 250 but for now I am focusing on 180, that was when I thought I looked good and got a lot of compliments. I have a big frame and curves so it worked for me.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I DO NOT want to be a size 2, my goal is to get in the "healthy" weight range according to BMI.

Me.
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just want to be healthy and to be able to go shopping anywhere! Those are my lofty goals...lol.
  • loridimarco
    Options
    I am not looking to be a size two. I just want to be a healthy weight. I don"t think a size two is it. You need to be a certain IBM for that weight.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to be a 2? I'm already a perfect 10. :laugh:

I'd just be happy to fit into the size 8 pants I have in my closet.