Is it wrong that I have noticed more female attention ?

Options

Replies

• NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it, and to those who cried "jerk" right off the bat are overreacting. Yes, it could have been worded differently, but if you're not receiving the kind of attention or appreciation you deserve, then yeah those are the kind of feelings that come across. My wife is the one out there beaming to her friends etc about my weight loss. That's what a true spouse should be doing....not only applauding your effort, but showing their appreciation to your friends etc. \m/

I do agree with you....when you're in love..and proud of your SO's accomplishments...tell them..show them...root for them..and be their personal cheerleader........ALL THAT!!

Maybe his relationship isn't like that..for whatever reason.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it, and to those who cried "jerk" right off the bat are overreacting. Yes, it could have been worded differently, but if you're not receiving the kind of attention or appreciation you deserve, then yeah those are the kind of feelings that come across. My wife is the one out there beaming to her friends etc about my weight loss. That's what a true spouse should be doing....not only applauding your effort, but showing their appreciation to your friends etc. \m/

I do agree with you....when you're in love..and proud of your SO's accomplishments...tell them..show them...root for them..and be their personal cheerleader........ALL THAT!!

Maybe his relationship isn't like that..for whatever reason.

again, but with fireworks
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Like my dad could say stuff to women who hit on him like "thank you...35 years ago I'd make you my wife!" then everyone gets a laugh lol. I don't see anything wrong with stuff like that.

He's also said another one like "Thank you, but my wife said I'm not allowed to have another girlfriend" LOL

Love this!

I think its fine as long as you dont do anything about it. I'm also happily engaged & have been getting more attention. Its a nice compliment :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    married here too.
    loyal as the day is long.
    if it happens i wont mind it because i wanna feel sexy. a lil boost never hurt anyone.
    plus my wife is one of those cool chicks who would actually enjoy knowing that i get some attention knowing that i'm all hers. :)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    As my mother says, "It doesn't matter where you get your appetite, just as long as you come home for dinner".

A few have said they love this. Well I hate this. I would hate the idea of other guys whetting my wife's appetite! If she came home feeling all sexy because she got all hot from being with guys down the gym she could go right back to them - I'm not having other guys starting my foreplay for me
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    As my mother says, "It doesn't matter where you get your appetite, just as long as you come home for dinner".

fantastic saying, love it! i know that my husband can be jealous about any attention i get but its natural to fell happy when someone is commenting on your hard work! i feel a great confidence boost whenever i get told i am looking better or they can see the weight loss. i dont see anything wrong with you getting pleasure from it x
  • paulsmisses
    Options

A few have said they love this. Well I hate this. I would hate the idea of other guys whetting my wife's appetite! If she came home feeling all sexy because she got all hot from being with guys down the gym she could go right back to them - I'm not having other guys starting my foreplay for me

that is probably what my husband would say! wonder if that's most husbands views on their wife's getting off on people telling her she looks good? interesting!
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I hope she does get a bit jelous!

Why would you hope that she gets jealous? You're an asshat!!

You just said you love her to bits......but now you're saying you want her to get jealous!?:noway:

I was about to say..before reading this comment..

Attention from the opposite sex is fine..and flattering..just don't let it go to your head...

Too late..you already have.

Wow personal attack when you don't even know me.

It certainly hasn't gone to my head talk about judgmental I take it you may have had bad experience with men to jump to a such conclusions.

I do love her very much and I do a lot for her and my son including all the cooking, cleaning and DIY.
    I still think of her as very attractive and never want to spit up.

The attention is actually quiet little, but I have never really noticed it before EVER. I have actually be really shy when it comes to women in the past and always thought of myself as ugly from about 14.

So what if i find if I like a little attention, especially if it makes her notice more than usual. I wouldn't mind a few complements from my wife rather than a stranger.

She gets compliments all the time as she is very attractive.
  • super_monty
    Options
    yeah I wanted to the know the same thing.

Please tell me that since you have started changing for the better, both physically and mentally- that your wife is the one girl giving you more positive attention than anyone else. Please tell me she is tearing your clothes off and high fiving you.

Tearing my clothes off ha ha …. never has never will. But that's fine.
  • paulsmisses
    Options

You just said you love her to bits......but now you're saying you want her to get jealous!?:noway:

Attention from the opposite sex is fine..and flattering..just don't let it go to your head...

It certainly hasn't gone to my head talk about judgmental I take it you may have had bad experience with men to jump to a such conclusions.

I do love her very much and I do a lot for her and my son including all the cooking, cleaning and DIY.

The attention is actually quiet little, but I have never really noticed it before EVER. I have actually be really shy when it comes to women in the past and always thought of myself as ugly from about 14.

So what if i find if I like a little attention, especially if it makes her notice more than usual. I wouldn't mind a few complements from my wife rather than a stranger.

if it feels good to you and gives you the encouragement to go on with your weight loss then where is the harm?!? i know my husband assumed me wanting to lose weight was so i got more male attention when i go to university in the summer but he doesnt understand that i want to feel better in myself because it will make me a happier more confident wife and mother and i deserve that, any male attention on top of that should make him proud i am his wife - in my opinion!!
  • Wonderob
    Options

that is probably what my husband would say! wonder if that's most husbands views on their wife's getting off on people telling her she looks good? interesting!

Works both ways too of course. If I came home and said "Wow the girl on the tube was so sexy! Just looking at her body has got me so turned on - let's go to bed"

She would have every right to send me off with a flea in my ear! It sure DOES matter where you get your appetite
  • paulsmisses
    Options

Works both ways too of course. If I came home and said "Wow the girl on the tube was so sexy! Just looking at her body has got me so turned on - let's go to bed"

She would have every right to send me off with a flea in my ear! It sure DOES matter where you get your appetite

why would you need to declare at all what turned you on? couldnt you just go home to your wife in a happy sexy mood and take her by suprise? as oppose to making her want to beat you up for fantasising about the girl on the tube! as long as my hubby comes home to me, he can window shop all he likes, i just dont need to know about it!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    In my opinion it's fine, it motivates me.
  • super_monty
    Options

This^^^^^^^^

love this
  • Wonderob
    Options

why would you need to declare at all what turned you on? couldnt you just go home to your wife in a happy sexy mood and take her by suprise? as oppose to making her want to beat you up for fantasising about the girl on the tube! as long as my hubby comes home to me, he can window shop all he likes, i just dont need to know about it!

Ok if that works for you. Not for me though.

Of course i can appreciate a gorgeous girl's body. But I certainly wouldn't get turned on by another girl no matter how great she looks.
  • paulsmisses
    Options

Ok if that works for you. Not for me though.

Of course i can appreciate a gorgeous girl's body. But I certainly wouldn't get turned on by another girl no matter how great she looks.

Nor do i looking at another man, i married the only man i am interested in. I just dont think people should feel bad about it if they do get a kick out of people appreciating them or vice versa. poor guy who started this post was getting a right earful!lol!
  • super_monty
    Options
    Look how women in the forum twist my words over a bit of tongue and cheek, I never said other women where actually hitting on me and I never said I am doing it for other women.

I am talking simply about receiving a few complements..by people have have noticed. One was a pensioner !!!!

If another woman does compliment me I will use it as motivation, as anyone use a positive complement. If she does get a bit jealous shows she still cares.

She gets complements all the time I do get a bit jealous it's human nature and shows that I actually care.

For women who twisted my words and attacked me, i be some of you must be in a pretty untrusting relationship. We have had problems like any couple but be have been together for over a decade and TRUST each other completely.

I will show her this thread so she can have a good laugh at how bitter some people can be.
  • smiles4deb
    smiles4deb Posts: 65
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with using it for motivation. Especially if you haven't felt attractive in a long time. My husband felt like that too, and no matter how many times I told him that he was very good looking, it didn't click in his head until he finally noticed other women checking him out. It's like someone said earlier, for your SO to say it, it can seem like they HAVE to, but when someone else notices, it's like wow, she wasn't just saying it to try to make me feel good.
    I also don't think there's anything wrong with wanting your SO to be a bit jealous either. If you have the trust that neither one is going to take it to a level they shouldn't, it could be a wake up call. Especially if you've been together for a long period of time. Just brings about a new appreciation. :smile:
  • super_monty
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with using it for motivation. Especially if you haven't felt attractive in a long time. My husband felt like that too, and no matter how many times I told him that he was very good looking, it didn't click in his head until he finally noticed other women checking him out. It's like someone said earlier, for your SO to say it, it can seem like they HAVE to, but when someone else notices, it's like wow, she wasn't just saying it to try to make me feel good.
    I also don't think there's anything wrong with wanting your SO to be a bit jealous either. If you have the trust that neither one is going to take it to a level they shouldn't, it could be a wake up call. Especially if you've been together for a long period of time. Just brings about a new appreciation. :smile:

Exactly, she has just looked at the thread and can't believe the over reaction by some people.
    She said when either of us DON'T get a bit jealous that's the time to worry.

When i was around 19 i thought i was fat and ugly, hence why i struggled with the opposite sex. I was actually healthy and told i was decent looking now they call it bodymorphia or something. I always saw myself much differently.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options

Lol...no..no bad experiences here...far from it.

When you post questions on an open forum...EXPECT answers....even the kind you won't like.
    Attacking you? No....just speaking my mind..and calling it how I see it.

Don't like the opinion!? Then by all means...address the problems with your girl...not strangers.

Toodles!!