The one thing you stopped doing....

Options

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    cut out all sugary beverages and fried foods. I kinda cut out red meat but that's only b.c all my red meat used to come from burgers lol
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    started working out...and obviously i'm losing weight -- yay me! lol
  • Briszler75
    Briszler75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I started eating less and exercising more.

Hah! Yep.
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Started running, stopped... um... stopped eating so much pasta!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Cut out most of the crap food and alcohol!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I stopped counting calories and logging my food.
    I started eating only when I was hungry, in reasonable amounts, and working out 7 days a week (4 running, 3 weight lifting)
    I lift heavy, and that's made a huge difference.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    portions, ribs, and CHOCOLATE!r
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking any beverage with meals - I only drink up to 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after
    I stopped drinking carbonated beverages
    I stopped eating fast and have learned that when you eat slowly, some foods taste really different (i.e. white bread.. loved it when I gobbled it.. now, when I chew it, it tastes like glue.. so it's whole grains for me now!)
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating in fast food restaurants... doesn't matter which one, I kicked them all to the curb unless I am traveling and then I opt for the healthiest thing on the menu (ie salad) and water to drink.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This is frustrating for me to read about everyone who quit drinking pop and lost a ton lol. I was drinking a ton of diet coke everyday, like 2 20 oz bottles, or a 3-4 cans. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I quit drinking pop about 2 months ago. The only thing I ever drink now is water, lactaid milk, or water with mio in it. I have only lost like 2 lbs :( When is my pop weight going to come off!?:sad:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Stopped weighing myself & started lifting heavy. Results have been incredible despite not knowing how much I weigh. Best decision I could've ever made was throwing out my scale & breaking my reliance on a stupid # to determine my success.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    whining about how my clothes are too tight. because they aren't anymore:tongue:
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    stopped snacking on junk. started lifting heavier.
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    Stopped drinking. I didn't drink more than one or two drinks a night, three or four times a week. Besides the empty calories saved, it kept me from losing that bit of inhabition. I guess it only takes one drink to cloud my judgement and for me to say, "Screw this stupid diet, let's have smores!" It was a tough habit to break, but it's made breaking the sweets and snacks habit easier to break!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This is frustrating for me to read about everyone who quit drinking pop and lost a ton lol. I was drinking a ton of diet coke everyday, like 2 20 oz bottles, or a 3-4 cans. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I quit drinking pop about 2 months ago. The only thing I ever drink now is water, lactaid milk, or water with mio in it. I have only lost like 2 lbs :( When is my pop weight going to come off!?:sad:

Most of them were probably not drinking diet pop. Sugary sodas can have > 150 calories per 12 oz can so quitting that can have a huge impact on weight loss. Diet sodas typically have 0 calories, so unless you had an intollerance to something in it that was causing bloating, it's unlikely that quitting would have an impact on your weight.
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started Pilates a little over a year ago and it has made the absolute most difference in my body over anything else I have done!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating potato chips and poutine daily.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I STARTED eating a protein filled breakfast (I used to just have coffee for breakfast). Makes me make healthier lunch choices because I'm not famished anymore.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking pop (except on a rare occasion, or as a mix in a drink).
    Drinking more water...........
    Started to cook more of my meals (I'm single...cooking for one is often difficult)
    Started to WALK more - and am now hiking adventurous trails, and loving it!
    Stopped kicking myself in the *kitten* all the time.......I am who I am, and this is a journey that doesn't have to happen overnight!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Started to cook more of my meals (I'm single...cooking for one is often difficult)

After a life of cooking for a family, my grandmother found it hard to cook for one so she bought some freezer safe containers and used leftovers for homemade TV dinners. That way she could have a healthy homemade dinner for one without messing up the kitchen.