The one thing you stopped doing....

Options
123457»

Replies

• cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I stopped eating an entire container of my favorite ice cream...Starbucks Java Chip Ice Cream...twice a week. It's 2 cups and about 1000 calories per container. That was the 1st change I made. I only eat it now if I have had a really good workout that day and have a lot of calories to eat, but I also don't eat the whole thing. After cutting that out I was on 1200 calories and it didn't work so I upped my calories and immediately started losing weight. :)
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing jeans to work and started wearing dresses and skirts that actually fit and show off my body. Now if i start to gain I see it right away in my clothes and can't hide it. I have no choice but to control my weight or risk having to get rid of my new beautiful wardrobe.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i stop eating too much and it seems that my weight is reduced and stabilized.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i have switched to diet soda in trying to ween myself off of it...(baby steps lol) and i have gotten things like MIO to flavor water when i want to taste something different. I switched from ordering sweet tea (i live in the south) and order unsweet then use a calorie free sugar substitute. I also got a dog around the time i started MFP so she gives me a good excuse to go on walks around the neighborhood. And I don't hardly ever eat out any more because it's so hard to stay in my calories when i do.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    quit soda pop cold turkey. it's been over 2½ years now. don't miss it one bit.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and stopped eating breakfast.

Breakfast is the MOST important meal that you can eat. It gets your metabolism moving as soon as you wake up, rather than just sitting there until you eat lunch. Think of your body/metabolism as a car, if a car has no fuel it will not go anywhere. Well, if your body has no fuel (food) your metabolism will not be burning any calories. I suggest you eat at least a protein bar for breakfast or at least within an hour of waking up. I'm not a fitness expert, or the most fit person in the world, but this is what I have learned studying fitness for the past ten years and being a part of the Beachbody industry.

It must get exhausting running to the gas station every morning to fill your car.

Oh, do you just use the fuel that's left in your tank from the night before like those of us who don't eat breakfast do?

actually even if you eat just a protein bar or a cup of yogurt for breakfast it does help to speed up your metabolism which in turn helps you to lose weight. not saying if you dont eat breakfast you wont lose weight it just helps. there are tons of articles that you can read about how it is better to eat several small meals or snacks through out the day rather than 2 or 3 big meals because it boosts your metabolism. think of kids...they eat all the time and stay small (for the most part)...same concept, doesn't mean everyone has to do it.

i eat a cup of yogurt when i get up then an hr or two later i eat a protein bar and it helps me get through the day....but there are alot of people it doesnt work for.
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I said goodbye to fast food and stopped drinking soda. I felt noticeably better right away!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Stopped skipping meals.
    I used to go all day without eating a proper meal. I'd either snack a lot at random times or just starve until I got home to eat dinner. Bad habits I formed growing up since we didn't always have the money/food for breakfast and lunches. :indifferent:

Also stopped restricting myself. Now if I want something, I'll have it, just in moderation.