Double Belly

Options
124»

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I have one too. The upper part shrank the most when I lost weight the first time. On occasion, my fiance teases me about it (all in good fun) so I'll pull the upper part down so it looks like it's frowning :( and say "belly face is sad."
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm always laughing at myself, saying I am segmented, like the michelin tire thing. my waistline is under my boobs, and then there are the two segments, or two bellies. i've lost 14 pounds and i'm still the same, have 12 to go and i'm sure 12 pounds wont make a difference, but i'm working my middle more than ever. i was skinny and still buillt that way, just not noticeable
  • bananapancake_s
    Options
    Same issue here. My under-belly-button-chub is so persistent I had a "waist" even at 9 months pregnant.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I have a double belly too. It seems to have less of a fold-over at the belly button since I've lost weight, but I don't know if it'll completely flatten out when I lose more.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have double belly, and did even when I was thin. Never really thought much about it... x
  • OoskieSoon
    OoskieSoon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Genetic, and can be from moderate alcohol use as well. It does get smaller with diet/exercise, but prob won't go away completely. If you get to the point where you've lost all the necessary weight it will then be easy to have lipo to that focused area.
    It's not unusual, don't sweat it!
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have it too - it's caused by a tight waistband. Even looking at the picture, you can see the line that goes all the way around.
    I don't think mine is caused by clothing choices... unless I'm still being affected by nylons/panty hose I wore about 25 years ago! In order for pants to fit around my lower belly and butt, there's a gap at the waist.

I don't think that is the cause either, at least not for me. Mine does not go all the way around. And I don't think it is genetic either. None of my family is like that & none of my kids are.
  • arcisauskaite
    arcisauskaite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this problem now too. First photo is when i was really skinny and the second one is once i put some weight on. So when I look back i know it's possible to have a flat stomach so I will work for it again.05bxdi6uwa1j.jpg
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Why are we waking up this thread from 2012?

Lots of women have the so-called B-belly. So what?

Normal women are normal. No point in disputing how our body is, especially after at a healthy body weight, if you ask me. (Not that you did. :lol: )

Real is plenty good enough:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This B belly BS needs to die.
  • wonderchu
    wonderchu Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have this too. I've lost 80lbs and can't afford to lose anymore weight so, it's here to stay. I'm sure the visual isn't helped by loose skin but mostly, it's just how my body is.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Why are we waking up this thread from 2012?

Lots of women have the so-called B-belly. So what?

Normal women are normal. No point in disputing how our body is, especially after at a healthy body weight, if you ask me. (Not that you did. :lol: )

Real is plenty good enough:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

Yeah. I was about to reply to the OP to say that the guy who told her that was just trying to make her feel grateful that he was willing to sleep with her. Then I saw the post was eight years old.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have one too, as I’ve lost weight the top half has had more of a loss then the bottom. I’ve seen other people call this a B belly because if you look at it from the side it look like a B.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That's my gut situation too. I've got a tummy tuck on my bucket list ;)