Greek Yogart - how do you eat this stuff?!?

Options

Replies

• Steph7x
    Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I add a tsp of honey and it tastes nice :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Oikos is the best for me....the chiboni is way to thick and chalky...yuk. I don't eat it plain, only eat the flavored ones....Yoplait makes a greek yogurt also and it's really the best, but I heard it's not a true greek yogurt and it's got more sugar in it than the others. I've never tried the Fage, but my boss likes it. Yoplaits vanilla and honey is delish.
  • candacepatra
    candacepatra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt! I use it in everything & even cook with it!

-add some honey, tastes delicious (just a teaspoon of honey whenever you eat yogurt helps so much, especially if you eat it with cereal or granola)
    -top it with fruit (sometimes frozen berries are great too)
    -sprinkle a little dark chocolate & chopped nuts (hazelnuts, almonds) in it
    -use it in smoothies
    -mince garlic and stir it in, add either a little bit of white vinegar or lemon juice and voila you have "toumeyya" or "garlic sauce" which is a middle eastern dish - we use it with bread, on sandwiches, with meat, as a marinade, veggie dip, etc
    -slice zucchini very thin, roast them with a bit of olive oil & salt, then toss the zucchini with the garlic sauce I just mentioned, and refrigerate - it's a wonderful side dish, or you can add in other steamed veggies like green beans, and finally top with a bit of cayenne pepper!

YUM.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it if you don't like it! Life's too short to spend choking down foods you hate.
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I dont like it either. Only time I use it is instead of sour cream on chili for more protein
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Try eating it with honey. That way you get "use" to the taste. Try that for a week then go to the fruit on the bottom. I HATED it when I started eating it 6 weeks ago...now the chobani pineapple is my favorite thing ever!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani's plain non fat greek yogurt. There is 23g of protein in a cup! I mix it with Kashi Go Lean cereal (13g protein) I also add greek yogurt to my smoothies with my protein powder along with a banana.

I also like Dannon's Greek Yogurt-with cinnamon and some healthier type of granola cereal. The yogurt fruit cups are pretty good, too!

BUT, I have to say, I think it is an acquired taste! :)
  • kablackburn
    kablackburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I buy Oikos or Yoplait with fruit on the bottom. I have found the trick for me is to let it warm up a bit. I get it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before I want to eat. I think it is smoother that way and the texture reminds me more of regular yogurt.
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt in smoothies. I do a banana, half cup of blueberries, half cup of spinach (I promise you cannot taste it!), half cup of plain greek yogurt, ice and a little milk or juice. It is delicious. You cannot taste the yogurt much, but it does make the smoothie creamy and delicious! This smoothie is also very filling and less than 200 cal!
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I add spenda granulated, fresh strawberries and blackberries, and a T of granola. I prefer the Fage brand.

I have also made tzaztiki sauce as a dip...Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic grated cucumber and dill. Serve with veggies

For a dessert add honey and walnuts...yum!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Greek yoghurt. I can eat it plain by the bucketful.
  • FLGatorGrl
    FLGatorGrl Posts: 33
    Options
    Was not a fan of Greek Yogurt until I purchased Kalona 2% all flavors. Now I have to have it every day !!!!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried freezing it? Where I live, there is not a lot of selection for flavours, etc... but I am planning to go to the States later this year and would like to stock up on some of the Chobani varieties if they freeze well.
  • English1Mac
    English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Nostimo vanilla. It's sweet enough to mask some of the sour flavor, but not so sweet that it tastes sugary. It's good with a little nut butter mixed in and if you add granola, it's even sweeter.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I get the PC Fat free greek yogurt as it has the least amount of sugar in it and has a decent amount of protein...As a result of it being fat free it does not taste that great

Normally I use it in my smoothie:

1 TBSP Viv Agave Inulin powder
    mixed berries/any fruit I have on hand. Bananas have a strong flavor and mask the greek yogurt well
    1/2 cup fat free yogurt
    Cold Water
    Sometimes I use Vanilla Protein Powder..half scoop
    or you can use some melted dark chocolate and peanut butter with bananas in your smoothie

trick is to experiment so that you forget there is greek yogurt in your smoothie..lol
  • Slynderize
    Slynderize Posts: 25
    Options
    Has anyone tried freezing it? Where I live, there is not a lot of selection for flavours, etc... but I am planning to go to the States later this year and would like to stock up on some of the Chobani varieties if they freeze well.

Yes you can freeze it. There's a recipe I have used, you freeze it in candy size dollops for frozen sweet popper treats.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love love love it!!!!! Usually 100g topped with 1/2tbs of runny honey as a dessert or with 50g muesli added for breakfast. If having indian food it's lovely as a side dish mixed with finely chopped cucumber, 1/2tsp mint, a little cumin and juice of 1 lemon :-) Yum
  • MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I add one tablespoon of sugar free Jello pudding mix and stir it all up.
  • dalbrown
    dalbrown Posts: 15
    Options
    I buy plain with no sugar and put rasberry agave and my own fruit into it. I also use it in protein shakes instead of the powder. Hope that helps!:happy: