relationship question

Options
sansey
sansey Posts: 113 Member
Without getting into details I have a dilemma that I need advise for. My wife and I have been married for 11 years and are having some "issues". We currently are separated as well as seeing a marriage counselor. Needless to say there is some stress and things are not going very well. When we do talk it usually ends up in some sort of a argument.

Now she has this "friend" who she has know since she was in high school. However this person moved around and was not part of her life for the majority of our marriage. In the last 6 months this person started to come back in to her life. I do not have a problem with her being friends with this person however I really think it would help our working on our marriage if she would not see said person while we do this? Is this wrong of me? What would you do? Or am I over reacting? I feel like we both want to work on and save our marriage but I personally feel like it would be helpful if for the time being this person was not a distraction. If they are that close of a friend they would be willing to wait to continue their friendship?

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    is it a dude or chick friend?
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Is said person male or female?
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    Sorry but this is a dieting site. Personal problems (relationship problems) really don't have any place here
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this is a dieting site. Personal problems (relationship problems) really don't have any place here

Go away.
  • TobyTimmyNala
    TobyTimmyNala Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Hmm. wrong.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    A true friendship never dies, nor "waits".

She is either going to or not going to. You cannot control her decisions. Worry about yourself, plan for the worse, but focus on the present.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Go away.

x2
  • aba160
    aba160 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

You're in the chit-chat, fun and games section. If you don't want off topic posts, stay away from this section. End of story.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

I have a relationship issue with food. Are you saying I should just give up?
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    because if its a dude friend, im gonna say red flag man. if its a female, it could go either way. if the chickie is single, shes prob going to do lots of single type things together. if married, prob not so much.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    If this "friend" is a guy... you are going to have bigger problems than your current ones if they continue to see eeach other. If the "friend" is a girl... get some popcorn.
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

wow is all I can say!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Awwww :) You're cute. Wanna go out sometime?
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

GTF out of this thread if you don't like it.
  • Jay0hwhy
    Jay0hwhy Posts: 63
    Options
    i don't know how her hanging out with someone and being friends with them would get in the way of you working on your marriage unless you are threatened by them.

is this friend a good looking man who is interested in her? if so, then yes, you have grounds for complaint.

however, if not, i don't see what's wrong with her having friends and it sounds a little controlling to take issue with her talking to friends. even in a marriage, there should be room for friends.
  • sunkissedxo20
    Options
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Relationship????? I prefer to call them RELATION****S!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If it bothers you that much bring it up in a counseling session as something that bothers you. If she gets super defensive about it, it may be a problem. If she sees your point of view and is willing to consider seeing less of that friend then you don't have to worry so much.
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    Asking her to do this will probably make her resent you. I mean, it's fair enough if she wants to spend all her time with this person while you're supposed to be working on your marriage, then I think you'd have a point, but otherwise - that'd be too much like asking her to put her life on hold, or to restrain from what she really wants and I think that will become the foundation of future problems. You just need to trust her and hope that she sees that working on your marriage is more important. :\
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Oh crap it's just a dieting site? In my quest for general fitness, you're saying I've been in the wrong place for the last 3 years?!?!