relationship question

Options

Replies

• rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Chris Rock said it best. A girl in a relationship or marriage does not have male friends. Every one of her male friends, including the guy in question, is a "(slang term for male body part) under glass. In case of emergency, she's gonna break that glass."
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Just don't let jealousy make you less of a man. Women hate that.

Explain this one to me, love.... A little jealousy isn't always bad. Just as a random example, I'd prefer if my guy got a teensy bit upset if someone else was sending me flowers and pursuing me. If he doesn't care AT ALL, then... well, it just doesn't seem like he cares about me *LOL*

You are correct. Women hate jealousy. Unless they're in the mood where they want you to be jealous. Then you're in trouble if you aren't.

The reason for this being that women are bat **** crazy. But I couldn't very well go and say that out loud....

Jokes ladies. Love y'all.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this is a dieting site. Personal problems (relationship problems) really don't have any place here

1. (n.) chitchat
    light conversation; casual talk; gossip.

2. (v.i.) chitchat
    to converse lightly or casually.
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses and the advise. I don't think there is a answer especially on a forum like this. The person is a guy and she was close friends with him growing up. However they lost contact and now he is back. I do know him and actually have alot in common with the guy. However for whatever reason he does not want to be friends with me and she somewhat tries to hide the fact that she communicates with him. She says that he isn't involved with our situation and he is just a friend that she can talk to about everyday life rather than our mess. Anyway thanks for the comments!!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My ex worried. His worry was well placed....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just don't let jealousy make you less of a man. Women hate that.

Explain this one to me, love.... A little jealousy isn't always bad. Just as a random example, I'd prefer if my guy got a teensy bit upset if someone else was sending me flowers and pursuing me. If he doesn't care AT ALL, then... well, it just doesn't seem like he cares about me *LOL*

You are correct. Women hate jealousy. Unless they're in the mood where they want you to be jealous. Then you're in trouble if you aren't.

The reason for this being that women are bat **** crazy. But I couldn't very well go and say that out loud....

Jokes ladies. Love y'all.

fyi: My current status is, "I hate it when I expose my bat-*kitten* crazy side. /sigh"
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this is a dieting site. Personal problems (relationship problems) really don't have any place here

It seems to me you don't pay much attention cause this is called CHIT-CHAT, FUN, AND GAMES. He can post whatever he wants.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

You're in the chit-chat, fun and games section. If you don't want off topic posts, stay away from this section. End of story.

THIS ^^^^^^^^

Chit chat=fair game on all questions...
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options

This is in the "chit chat" section which means, not pertaining to weight loss. Reading is helpful, isn't it?
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Without getting into details I have a dilemma that I need advise for. My wife and I have been married for 11 years and are having some "issues". We currently are separated as well as seeing a marriage counselor. Needless to say there is some stress and things are not going very well. When we do talk it usually ends up in some sort of a argument.

Now she has this "friend" who she has know since she was in high school. However this person moved around and was not part of her life for the majority of our marriage. In the last 6 months this person started to come back in to her life. I do not have a problem with her being friends with this person however I really think it would help our working on our marriage if she would not see said person while we do this? Is this wrong of me? What would you do? Or am I over reacting? I feel like we both want to work on and save our marriage but I personally feel like it would be helpful if for the time being this person was not a distraction. If they are that close of a friend they would be willing to wait to continue their friendship?

Honestly if it's a guy of the opposite sex and you think there is or could be something I would ask that request, trust me you will find out real quick what this person means to her....(speaking out of experience)
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Are the "issues" because she reconnected with her long lost friend 6 months ago?

My motto is trust but verify. Key logger on her computer and gps on phone/car should cover everything.
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Really?? So your personal problems have never affected your dieting and fitness goals? You must be sooooooooooooooooo much better than the rest of us. *insert eye roll here*
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I have a relationship issue with food. Are you saying I should just give up?

THIS ^^^^^^^:laugh:
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Are the "issues" because she reconnected with her long lost friend 6 months ago?

My motto is trust but verify. Key logger on her computer and gps on phone/car should cover everything.

Stalker creepy. And illegal in many states.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options

Go away.

x2

x3, if you don't like the topic title just don't click on it.......... it really is that simple
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If it bothers you that much bring it up in a counseling session as something that bothers you. If she gets super defensive about it, it may be a problem. If she sees your point of view and is willing to consider seeing less of that friend then you don't have to worry so much.

I agree completely. Since you are going to counseling I would bring it up that this bothers you. Talk it out and see where each other are coming from. Once you see the reaction then you can determine if it's a red flag. All in all go with your gut. Our instincts usually kick in here.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Start by getting this off the Internetz. If there's any danger in this getting back to her, then it would undermine your counseling efforts.

With that being said, I think it's reasonable to say that you are jealous but under control. Who wouldn't be jealous? I don't know if she's trying to get a response but I think a measured response would be wise... if nothing else to show her that it bothers you and you still care for her. If you want her back, compete for it. Don't back down to the weird mix-tape kid from the friend zone.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

That is not true. I don't understand how people can be so cold towards people who are reaching out. It is really sad.

I have a question for you.. Why were you nosey enough to click on the thread if you weren't interested in a relationship question. Was it just so you can snark at somebody. Do you feel better about yourself now - Ooo so powerful?? RUDE.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Without getting into details I have a dilemma that I need advise for. My wife and I have been married for 11 years and are having some "issues". We currently are separated as well as seeing a marriage counselor. Needless to say there is some stress and things are not going very well. When we do talk it usually ends up in some sort of a argument.

Now she has this "friend" who she has know since she was in high school. However this person moved around and was not part of her life for the majority of our marriage. In the last 6 months this person started to come back in to her life. I do not have a problem with her being friends with this person however I really think it would help our working on our marriage if she would not see said person while we do this? Is this wrong of me? What would you do? Or am I over reacting? I feel like we both want to work on and save our marriage but I personally feel like it would be helpful if for the time being this person was not a distraction. If they are that close of a friend they would be willing to wait to continue their friendship?

Given the fact that you two are struggling but trying to reconcile I would say this is one instance where you are allowed to say "Honey, can we focus on us right now without the involvement of others?"

She's not going to listen. But you can say it at least. Bad news is we all know what you're worried about, and cynical me thinks you probably have a good reason to be worried. I know that's the last thing you want to hear. Sorry for that. Just don't let jealousy make you less of a man. Women hate that. Be the man she fell in love with. Be confident, be bold. Try to remember all the things she loved when you met.

It may not work, but at least you'll have given it a shot. Best of luck to you.

Great response! Both of them.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:noway: How is that trusting?

Please don't listen to that, if I were having issues and I found out I was being "tracked" any chance of reconciling would be out the window.

That being said, her hiding the fact that she has that much to do with him is suspect. :ohwell: