What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options

Replies

• Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    OMG, where do I start?

Stop thinking that you are fat at 105lbs just because your sister that is 2 yrs younger is smaller than you

Do not have Mt. Dew, a Snickers, and a mini bag of Doritos's everyday for lunch (you will not stay skinny forever that way)

Don't stop exercising after school (this just makes you lazy)

Go to college, DO NOT wait a year because you just never go

Live a little, so some things and have fun

Do not marry husband #1 or husband #2, this just leads you to depression, abuse and out of control eating.

Watch your credit, this will only cause you problems later (more eating)

........and much more I am sure!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Stop partying, stop smoking cigs and stop smoking pot! The rockstar life style wont take you any where!
    And I did a week after my 19th bday I stopped all of that! :)
  • Zero2hero2013
    Zero2hero2013 Posts: 458
    Options
    This sounds kinda stupid, but i honeslty feel everything that has happend to me has made me who i am now, and i like this person! and most of the stuff thats good in my life now wouldnt exist if i changed things then.

i think id say hang in there mate and that your better then you think.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Stop bloody eating, it doesn't make you feel better and by 23 you'll be 269!!

Ignore the twats, you'll never see them again :)

Start saving (I didn't learn this till I was 22!)

That guy you just met? It'll take you a while but he'll be there through everything and be the love of your life :) and ignore the idiots they dont know what they're talking about!

Do a useful degree like midwifery or nursing, psychology will get you nowhere!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    824-1.jpg
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Dont go to college hoping you will figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life...too expensive for that and Penn State will cost you $900 per month in student loan debt for the next 25 years-not worth if you do what you've always wanted...be a SAHM because mothering does not require a bachelors degree.

oh and you are pretty...just wait until youre 24 and you have added 40lb and look like an oompa loompa,minus the orange color :laugh:
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You're perfect. Don't change and don't confuse sex with love. Enjoy the ride, but take care of your body now. Pizza and fast food are ok sometimes, but not every night. Oh, and stay away from credit cards, they are evil!
  • HisJellyBean
    HisJellyBean Posts: 112
    Options
    I would say:

"Happy 18th birthday"

"its 2 months from your wedding day... DONT were those High Heals, ya almost fell over lol... And Send the invites out your self, grandma forgot.... oh and dont have your reseption at the church have it at palmer hall... it will be SO mutch better"

"Lean to manage your bills you will regret loosing your first house"

"No matter how upset you were about the things he said dont cheat on tyler... He forgives you but you still end up feeling like ****"

"stay in school... you wouldent belive how bad you want to go to collage"

"Tyler is your one and only the fights stop soon."

"only a few people will show for your 19 birthday party but it ends up ok.. This year you will be 20 and go somewere special wiith tyler."
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    I would tell my 18 yr old self to stop smoking weed.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Dont think you're fat- your gonna end up bigger, and dont cheat on your boyfriend :'(
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Dont go to college hoping you will figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life...too expensive for that and Penn State will cost you $900 per month in student loan debt for the next 25 years-not worth if you do what you've always wanted...be a SAHM because mothering does not require a bachelors degree.

oh and you are pretty...just wait until youre 24 and you have added 40lb and look like an oompa loompa,minus the orange color :laugh:

Holy ****! 900 per month for 25 years? That's a mortgage, not a student loan!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Don't *kitten* when people are in the house.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Work out more lil lady.

Just because you are slender doesn't mean you can rest on those laurels.

Fit is in, not just thin,
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    would tell myself:

"just shut up and join the military before it's to late and you're not allowed"
    "get into shape"
    "doesn't matter what you look like, you will always look like a damn criminal because you never smile"
    "the jerk who always beat on you in high school will come out of the closet within 2 years"
    "actually go to class when in collage and make something of yourself"
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Dear 18 year old self:

Don't fall in love with the guy you just met.
    Don't be desperate to be loved and accepted. (see above)
    Don't be so up tight, yes you were raised Catholic, but don't believe everything you think.
    Don't listen to your mom about getting married, having a good job and raising a family (look where that got you)
    Don't listen to your mom when she complains about you being short (5'2) and fat (120lbs). It's not like you can change genetics.

Listen to your instincts
    Explore your sexuality now, don't wait until you are divorced from guy ^^^^ up there.
    You are going to waste 17 years of your life on that guy, however, you will have two of the most awesome sons, so it's alright.
    Follow your equestrian dream - you would have done alright.
    Go out, sow some wild oats, explore, have fun
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Holy ****! 900 per month for 25 years? That's a mortgage, not a student loan!

Yeah, and i'll probably have this debt till the day i die :grumble: Penn State is a great university...but not worth that price! LOL and you want to know the crazy thing?? I had FULL federal/goverment funding! Thats how expensive that school is! ..should i have learned it was the most expensive public college in the us before committing :huh:
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You're kickin' *kitten* - keep it up and NEVER quit moving forward.
    Great job dumping your loser high school boyfriend. *high five*
    You look smokin' hot! (Just don't drink so much!)
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed by the responce this thread has had!

I have to wonder... if we really were able to go back and speak to ourselves.. how many of us would listen?...
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    Something like:

Hey, look at yourself you sad sack of ****! You need to get moving right now. If you don't you'll have 30 more pounds to lose in four years.

I would strip myself naked and point out all my flaws to myself.

18 year old me had better hope we never get time travel.
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Stop partying and think about your future, leave home.
    You're going to lose 50lbs soon, keep going.
    You're going to be pregnant soon, DON'T TELL HIM!