What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Options

Replies

• cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Dear Chrisy,

The boy you are going out with will be the one and he will live for you and your children. Just continue to love as you always have. DO NOT GO TO HAIRDRESSING SCHOOl you will hate it!!! Go into something like teachers aid you are thinking about it at 33 better do it now so you are set. Save as much money as you can!!! Things may be far from perfect at home things will change alot!! but in the end you will have the life you always wanted surround by the love of your husband and 3 beautiful boys. Oh please food will not make things better only worse so please care about yourself and put good things in your body. I love you, you are important :heart:
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Get OUT of that relationship.. Its not healthy

And get a technical degree... You'll never use the one you're getting.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Dont go to college hoping you will figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life...too expensive for that and Penn State will cost you $900 per month in student loan debt for the next 25 years-not worth if you do what you've always wanted...be a SAHM because mothering does not require a bachelors degree.

oh and you are pretty...just wait until youre 24 and you have added 40lb and look like an oompa loompa,minus the orange color :laugh:

Holy ****! 900 per month for 25 years? That's a mortgage, not a student loan!

Yeah, and i'll probably have this debt till the day i die :grumble: Penn State is a great university...but not worth that price! LOL and you want to know the crazy thing?? I had FULL federal/goverment funding! Thats how expensive that school is! ..should i have learned it was the most expensive public college in the us before committing :huh:

Wow! I'm only paying 80 a month for the degree I'm not using. I also had a full scholarship too though. It just didn't cover housing or books...and my part time job didn't cover all of it either.. so I have a little debt.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself that you aren't the whale you think you are now...and love yourself now rather than all that effing self doubt that will cause you to be true whale in the future

I would tell myself to live alittle get a tattoo, drink alittle more and stop being a goodie goodie and get LAID for gods sake..if you are waiting for love you are going to wait for ever so find a reasonably hot guy and do it.

Live life don't be so scared, travel, volunteer, adopt a puppy, bungy jump, hot air balloon, start actually running for exercise rather than running from life.
  • cardinalrunner
    Options
    Maybe you have a better memory of who I used to be. Don't forget your passions.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    1. Don't get married until you're 30.

2. "Drugs and Alcohol" is not a food group.

3. A jog now and again won't kill you.

4. Littering is not "job creation"

5. Invest in an RRSP.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I would say.....lose the weight while your young!!
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Options
    I would say:

Don't get married, William isn't worth sacrificing yourself.
    Go to college.
    Continue working out and running.
    Never let anyone hold you back.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Being alone is awesome. Don't be afraid of it.
    Keep being yourself.
    College will happen, don't beat yourself up.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My 18 year old self was only 18 months ago.. but if I could tell myself anything it would be that you are amazing, and you will find your purpose soon. You will go back to university and dont worry, you will quit McDonalds because that place is ****. You didnt deserve to be treated like that..
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

"the jerk who always beat on you in high school will come out of the closet within 2 years"

or would suicide at 40years old...
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    don't drink, don't do drugs, health is key to happiness, neither of those things will help you, &it DOES get better.

Also- don't date DB 1,2or 3. haha they aint worth it.
  • DarwinChick95
    DarwinChick95 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    cant wait to meet you
  • SGRhapsodos
    Options
    It only gets tougher from here but you'll be strong enough to handle it. Also, the one for you will come at the tender age of 20, so stop looking and enjoy yourself!!!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you will end up with him in the end...But don't let him go so easily and don't go out with the other guy....Stay in school even though it's hard. And chin up things do get better.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    "Don't put that in your mouth!"
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    stay away from the charming guy named ray with the acoustic guitar...
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What would I say to my 18 year old self? Hmmm. There are plenty of things, like quit smoking, stay away from Brandon- he's BAD news, wait until you are married, (say what you want about that, I was 18, and I had a hard time forgiving myself for a really long time) stay away from the booze and weed. Finish college- nursing school.

Here's the thing though. I wouldn't be the woman I am today. Things that were major screw-ups back then, have led up to my nursing career, my beautiful family, and my finally becoming a faithful believer in Jesus. Out of the bad always comes the good, there is a reason for everything that happens- my life is proof of that. I really doubt my 18yr old self would have listened to me anyway. After all, 18yr olds know everything. :laugh:
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would tell my 18year old self....

"Don't try those diet pills, they almost killed you...don't starve yourself because of some dumb *kitten* boy because the MAN you've always dreamed of having is waiting to be a part of your life and will treat you better than anyone ever has..Just eat right, exercise, and get with the program girl! Your life is worth too much to be putting yourself through this BS.

One day you will get engaged to the most amazing person ever, and he will help you to stay healthy. Go buy some good running shoes and get ready for the rest of your amazing life! It only gets better from here..."

Maybe it took all of that to be the person I am today....but I surely could have done without that *kitten*, and his dumb antics hahahaha.
  • kllyeve
    kllyeve Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Put the fork down - stop eating as entertainment

Don't marry him - you broke up three times while dating - its not gonna work.

Get your thyroid checked!!!