What quote motivates you? Here is my motivator!

Options

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    'I am worth it;
    my kids are worth it;
    I AM strong!'
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    suck it up, and maybe one day you wont have to suck it in
  • aleciaj7
    aleciaj7 Posts: 39
    Options
    "being lost is so close to being found"

and I also really love

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." -Teddy Roosevelt
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    "This too shall pass."

This quote has helped me through many tough times.
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    "it's never too late to be what you might have been" George Elliott

i hear it in my head everywhere i go, and everything i do. it's got me this far, and so far this far has been pretty good.
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    Two from Emerson:

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters to what lies within us.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    "You can't eat like that and look like this".

Anytime I feel tempted to eat poorly (how I used to eat 59 lbs ago), I tell myself this. It helps me make good choices about food everyday.
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand

OOooooOOoo--I like this one!
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    "it's never too late to be what you might have been" George Elliott

That's one of my favorites too. I love reading the novels of George Eliot, (Mary Anne Evans).
  • genuinely
    genuinely Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Life is trouble. Only death is not. To be alive is to look for trouble. Zorba the Greek

Don't explain, and don't complain. Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential

From Marianne Williamson, A Course in Weight Loss - 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever

Overeating may seem self-indulgent. Actually, it is a profound rejection of self. To commit to a diet, you must commit to yourself. Don't deny your self your own passion, your own path, your own longing, your own drama, your own life force, your own truth.

And from one of the reflections at the end of a lesson - Free me from false appetites and take away my pain. Take from me my compulsive self, and show me who I am.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.

Isn't that jillian?? Looove her

Another one by her I looove 'Transformation is not a future event. It is a present activity'
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to take a giant leap forward only to stumble back.

The above has got me through many weigh ins where I think my loss is so small.
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nothing worth having comes easy! If u can see it, u can achieve it! Suck it up princess, pain lets u know you are still alive. If it doesn't hurt, you aren't pushing yourself hard enough!
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    suck it up, and maybe one day you wont have to suck it in

Omg! Love love this!!!!
  • madsmith123
    madsmith123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "You are too smart to be the only thing standing in your way"

I love this. Really sums it up for me - often I am the only thing standing in my way of success.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    "You save yourself, or you remain unsaved." It's not a quote, really; I read it in a book a billion years ago, and it's always in my head- If you want, you'll do it, plain and simple! :)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Nothing taste better than the feeling of being thin.

Wasn't it Kate Moss who said "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels?"

It was Wallace Simpson who said it first.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    "little pickers wear big knickers!"
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    "There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." --Unknown
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!