What quote motivates you? Here is my motivator!

Options

Replies

• slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    "We need to give up what we want in the moment for what we want most"
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Some great quotes posted here! This is my current favorite, and although it isn't specifically about health/weight-loss it really gets me fired up to reach my goals.

"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

you should listen to a song by a guy named "Keb Mo'" its called "let your light shine" and I love it! your quote reminded me of the song...the lyrics go.....So get out of the way and let your light shine, let your love show....its a short ride, down a long road....
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you." - Joshua 1:3

Taking ground in my life!
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just like this quote: “Don’t sir me young man; you have know idea you you’re dealing with.”
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
    ― Dr. Seuss
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    One of my friends here posted it. I think it was Holly. "The hardest part is lacing up your sneakers." Whenever I don't feel like working out I think about that now.

Another one someone posted that I like: "Every minute you spend sad you lose 60 seconds of happiness."
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    "Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, choose your hard"!
  • finallygettingskinny2013
    Options
    "You're not a dog. Don't reward yourself with food."
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    muhammad-ali.jpg

And this one that I have been using as my prime motivator since I started running to get me thru to the finish line of my first half and plan on getting a tattoo of it.

aww.jpg
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I posted this one on my page the other day after reading it on a friend's Facebook page:

Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

:flowerforyou:
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Nolite Te Bastardes Carboremdorem - Its in a margret Atwood book called the handmaids tale and it means Don't let the *kitten* grind you down
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's not exercise related but it's something I live by:

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into --- Author Unknown
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    "You're not a dog. Don't reward yourself with food."

This one is awesome :)
    love it x
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    pinterestcom.jpg
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." Maya Angelou
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power...the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix That is my all time favorite quote, but one that motivates me is,

I'm concentrating on staying healthy, having peace, being happy, remembering what is important, taking in nature and animals, spending time reading, trying to understand the universe, where science and the spiritual meet. Joan Jett

It's pretty deep but it reminds us to enjoy the journey.
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    30t6q2g.jpg
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Some great quotes posted here! This is my current favorite, and although it isn't specifically about health/weight-loss it really gets me fired up to reach my goals.

"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

Don't laugh but that made me tear up. It truly spoke to me!
  • Weighting4Happiness
    Options
    “Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.” - Anthony Robbins
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!