What annoys you about your Zumba class?

Options
Don't get me wrong, I love my Zumba!

BUT...

I get annoyed when the room is too small for the group and people are 3 feet from the wall and the instructor has us doing moves that requires us to move 6-10 feet in one direction. And then makes the comment that "it's ok if you bump into each other, you're still burning calories!"

WTF? I came here to get in a workout and have fun, not get trampled!!

Also, when the instructor does not have a playlist set up ahead of time and has to cue up every. single. song.

Last, when people come in late and try to insert themself into a row that does not have room! Back row, people, come on!

What annoys you about your Zumba class (or any similar class)?

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't do zumba anymore but it used to be the over-crowding and the show-offs.
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Showing the steps in between ever song, I hate that. Just play the songs consecutively and we'll follow along. Nobody pays attention anyway.
  • Kandrews99
    Kandrews99 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love going to Zumba, but you are right.... the classes are usually over crowded! very annoying...
  • AutumnBreeze07
    AutumnBreeze07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Zumba instructors that don't use Latin music for most of the session. Isn't that what Zumba is supposed to be? And yes.... People who crowd behind you because they are trying to "hide". One of these days I am going to end up with my finger up someone's nose.... :laugh:

:drinker:
  • anniebeeee
    anniebeeee Posts: 20
    Options
    Classes being packed and when people turn zumba in to skankercise .
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! I feel you on this one! The inserting themselves into a row after showing up late thing OMG, Really!!!!! But people walk in and out of the already crowded room to get water ( hence them bumping into people while class is going on). I tell you if i didnt love this instructor and how she fuses hip/hop and zumba plus the music is slammin, id quit!

BUT i cant it makes me feel like a video vixen LOL!!!!!! :bigsmile: GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i have a great instructor, she has a fab new space with plenty of room.. great people that have a great time. my only complant is that my knees do not work and i get very frustrated with myself.. and the fact that i can't do everything. My instructor is always encouraging to those of us who have to modify. so basically .. i have no complaints.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I used to do Zumba but have stopped. The reason being that the instructor spent more time figuring out the moves instead of teaching the class. I went several times but things did not improve.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Only thing that annoys me is people crowding my a**. I'm in the front row, people. I can't move up any further, so give me enough room to not frigging trip over you.

My teacher is awesome and we roll for 58 minutes straight, with hard core moves. I just wish the latecomers would move on into the room instead of hover by the door.

Oh, and people who don't put their kids into daycare, instead, letting them roam in and out of class. Door opens and closes, kids talking, back and forth, in and out....grrrr.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba classes but yes have been in some where I need to be very careful due to the overcrowding. And instructors who don't necessarily show "Zumba moves"...more just general aerobics.
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Classes being packed and when people turn zumba in to skankercise .

Bahahaa I have one of those... I am pretty sure shes a stripper I try to copy her but I just ... I dk I guess I dont have the technique... yet :laugh: :laugh:
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! SKANKERCISE ROTFL!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: GUILTY!!!

Im pretty reserved so its my secret other side!!!
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have actually never gone to a Zumba class.. I am intimidated by group workouts!

I do love doing Zumba using Kinect for XBox 360 though :)
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hate Zumba. Everything about it.
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    Overcrowded rooms and people who cant dance in one spot. If you started at the back right of the beginning of the class you shouldn't be in the middle front by the end..
  • steph25723
    steph25723 Posts: 10
    Options
    I love Zumba, and hope to be able to go again, after my back is no longer injured.

But when I went, I didn't like the crackling, and popping from the old speakers.
  • jeanneisfat
    jeanneisfat Posts: 15
    Options
    Honestly the price! My class was pretty small, 10 people or so and we had a good size room, but I guess I'm cheap because I stopped going because it was $8 a class and I can't swing that a couple times a week...
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed at the teen girl who get in the front row where the mirror is and stare at themselves with a sexy look the whole time! And it's even worse when the instructor lets them lead the class!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Overcrowding definitely! They really need to set a limit on how many people are allowed to be in that class. One class there was 105 people, and the instructor was all excited because it was the most people so far. Yea that's awesome that it attracts that many people but hellooooooo we're not getting our workout that we deserve and pay for because there's no room to move!!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    i tried zumba.... made me sick. It wasn't dancing and it wasn't exercise... :P I couldn't do full extensions, and I didn't break a sweat... :P I'd rather do a body pump class or a turbo kick(*kitten*) class...