What annoys you about your Zumba class?

Options

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    We have a great instructor who is full of energy and bounce. Can't wait to see her doing this when she's 9 months pregnant...the whole class is wonderful and very friendly...
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed at the teen girl who get in the front row where the mirror is and stare at themselves with a sexy look the whole time! And it's even worse when the instructor lets them lead the class!

THE SEXY LOOK THING!!!! THATS TOO FUNNY!!!!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when the instructor has horrible music, the person beside me has two left feet, the instructor is in their own world and the class is going in to many different direction. I am not a Zumba person, plus I don't like large groups.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Definitely the overcrowding and the feeling that everyone is looking at me and watching me fail miserably at the moves. I have to go to the family rumba class on Sunday to actually have space to move. Which would explain why I hav not been for several months
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    hey, sounds like my rumba class. lol Do you live in Philadelphia and go to Sweat Fitness? lol
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    Never tried it. First of all I can't stand the music just not my cup o' tea.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The times that I go at the Y, has a GREAT instructor. she is very good and pays attention and all of that.
    Sometimes the class gets super crowded, and I hate that as well. I think there should be a person limit, the room is pretty big but not that large! I hate when I cannot move the amount that the moves require. I hate when people are jabbering away during the songs, between the songs... grr. exercise, not social hour. It also sucks when a song/routine I really like, she takes it out and puts a new one in. lol. good for body yes, but they're always my faves!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means prudish........but my zumba class allowed young pre-teen girls in the class and that annoyed me. Some of those moves are sexy and I really don't feel comfortable with a pre-teen in the room doing the moves...or worse when "boyfriends" would come watch. I just went to a pole class this past weekend and they oversold the class so we had to share poles..so for $25 bucks we had to share poles for an hour class.....kinda a ripoff.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Oh, and people who don't put their kids into daycare, instead, letting them roam in and out of class. Door opens and closes, kids talking, back and forth, in and out....grrrr.

Oh, I HATE this! Sometimes there's tweens lined up along the wall with their legs stuck out for someone to trip over. Why can't they sit 15 feet away on the bench in the hall?

And one time somebody brought their THREE YEAR OLD and actually let them participate, no less! I couldn't believe they would put their tiny child in the middle of a thundering herd of exercisers! And it completely ruined it for anyone nearby cuz every time you turned around that kid was underfoot. And of course nobody wanted to be the one that fell on the kid and killed her, lol.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot....the Advanced instructor that substitutes for the Beginner instructor and doesn't tone it down, to the point that I'm just shuffling in place the whole time. I coulda done that in my living room for free....grr....
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    looking at people who can't dance & it throwing off my moves... now i just look in the mirror or at the instructor :laugh: :laugh:
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I love our instructors, but the overcrowding sucks (in the summer we have to move to a smaller space) and sometimes they let one or two "guest" instructors do some songs and they suck at queing and we're all lost.
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hahhahah this is exactly what I was thinking! :flowerforyou:
  • nicdorda
    nicdorda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to love Zumba, but the classes were always too crowded. Last month, I decided to change things up and try Turbokick. Now Zumba feels too easy and I don't break a sweat.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The person standing next to me who has no sense of space and jumps around all over the place getting into people's feet and hitting people's wrists with her dumbbells.
  • sweetbaker77
    Options
    I Love Zumba-... But hate when the teacher rotates the rows. I'm 5' tall and stay near the front so I can see! plus the people hiding out in the back don't want to be in the front row!!!
  • heathrlynn
    heathrlynn Posts: 13
    Options
    People that can't tell their left from their right & clobber you. Ouch!!
  • losingitlittlebylittle
    Options
    My instructor is awesome, so she has built up a huge following. Her music is great, and she changes up the playlist quite often - but not every song, so we all at least know a lot of the moves. What drives me crazy is:

1) People who show up late and try to squeeze in
    2) People who don't know their right from their left - I know not everyone can dance, and I'm okay with that, but at least TRY to go in the same direction!
    3) The guys who ogle through the glass into the studio at everyone's rear ends - especially the instructor! I can't say I blame them, but someone was standing at the back of the room with an iPod/iPhone and it looked like he was taking a video...creepy!
    4) When the studio isn't air conditioned and it's 80 degrees BEFORE we even start! A/C has been out of order for almost 2 weeks because some wiring was stolen and they can't fix it because it keeps raining! Almost died in there last night!!
    5) I'm with whoever mentioned not having the playlist set - drives me nuts when they stop and start.
    6) I also have a hard time with instructors who use too much Top 40 and/or remind me of old-school aerobics classes rather than the international flavor of Zumba.
    7) Overcrowding. If you don't get there in enough time to comfortably fit in, tough luck. There really needs to be a limit to avoid injuries and allow people the room to really move!

Sorry I seem like such a downer, but Zumba is my favorite workout - so much so that I have basically copied my instructor's playlist and do it on my own at home when I can't get there! We even Zumba in my office on Friday afternoons! I guess you'd call me a Zumbaholic... LOL :)
  • SMBL2
    SMBL2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Zumba instructors that don't use Latin music for most of the session. Isn't that what Zumba is supposed to be?

Technically, yes. You're supposed to use 70% Latin music with the other 30% a mix of whatever you like. Some instructors get a little carried away using more non-Latin music than they should.

2) People who don't know their right from their left - I know not everyone can dance, and I'm okay with that, but at least TRY to go in the same direction!

Even people who are trying to go the right way or who know their left from their right get mixed up. Especially if an instructor goes one way (like me) and another instructor goes the other way during the same song.
  • SMBL2
    SMBL2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What annoys me?

People who come to class with a sour puss attitude and don't give any effort into the workout, but then complain that they get nothing out of the class therefore it must be the instructor's fault.