ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE ABOUT MFP

Options

Replies

• jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sex is not on the exercise list!! It burns calories.
    ^^^^ THIS

I code my sex sessions as "Manual Labor" LOL

One of my best friends logs it as horseback riding LOL.

Haha! I am totally going to start logging it now but I'm telling what I'm calling it or I'll get "You go horseback riding a lot, do you live on a horse farm?" Wow you're not doing as much manual labor as you used to, did you get fired or something?

My sister and I log it as "Chopping Wood." TIMBEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
  • misanthropist319
    Options
    Losing 5 or 10 pounds can really make a difference depending on one's body type. I know, for myself, when I lose ten pounds, people notice. I'm 5'8" and weigh about 155-160 right now but once I shed ten pounds or so, I see and feel such a difference.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I FIRST joined, I thought the same thing. I thought, "What's the point? Who can even notice a 5 pound change?!"

Then I lost about 12 pounds, and didn't see any frickin' change at all to my body. Frustrating. Then I lost a little more, and noticed some change, and was pretty happy. Then I lost only a tiny bit more, and noticed a HUGE change.

Five pounds doesn't sound like that much, and truthfully, it's not. But it can make a big difference in how you feel about yourself.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pet peeve? I have kennels of irritation ... that being said, my eye is on my own personal goal.
    We're all here for a reason, whether it be fitness or weight loss.
    Kudos to EVERYONE on this site for taking a step in the right direction regardless of your goal :flowerforyou:

It's time to stop shopping for the perfect outfit to make your body look better.
    It's time to take care of your body so you make the outfit look PERFECT :wink:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Of all the things that could be considered as a MAJOR" pet peeve on MFP, this is it? :laugh:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Some people also set mini goals. So although their profile may say 5 pounds to lose it may be 5 of 100 or however many :smile:
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    My pet peeeve is when everyone just says WTG, great burn, way to stay under your calorie goal. But they never look at the diary, the person has a blocked diary, the diary shows they ate tons of fat or all unhealty fast food. Be freaking honest with me....like:

Why the Hell are you eating all that fast food!!! Or are you an Alcoholic you drink everyday!!!!

I totally miss read this at first. I thought you were agreeing. I see you want people to get on you.
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    awesome...here before the lock!
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    troll-web.jpg

^^^^THIS^^^^
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I started this thread to prove a point (and b/c I was bored). I have started threads before, all nice & positive & I get one or two responses.

The minute I post something negative I get the whole MFP army on my thread being mean & ignorant. Everyone wants to talk about love & compassion but have none themselves.

Point proved. ANYWAY. I have to actually do some work, since I am at work. Have fun guys! I still love you all :heart:

don't back off your opinion now. You said it was yours, so the least you could do is own it proudly, no matter how many disagree with you....
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I started this thread to prove a point (and b/c I was bored). I have started threads before, all nice & positive & I get one or two responses.

The minute I post something negative I get the whole MFP army on my thread being mean & ignorant. Everyone wants to talk about love & compassion but have none themselves.

Point proved. ANYWAY. I have to actually do some work, since I am at work. Have fun guys! I still love you all :heart:

Did she just admit she is a troll??? I think so!!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Ahhh - so you are a self absorbed troll - got it!.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    my biggest pet peeve....stupid people that lack common sense and/or common courtesy.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

:tongue: *Keep your hate mail, it's just my opinion* :glasses:

I once posted this exact same pet peeve, cause I saw a real skinny girl trying to lose 2 pounds....
    and I got crucifixed!, ppl just saying I was jealous and blah blah blah.. Glad to know im not the only one with this thought on mind

Pretty sure you mean crucified. Unless you became a crucifix....

oh my bad... thanks for noticing my error.. Grammar police always rocks!

I only correct those with completely retarded comments. Such as the above.

Its MY opinion.. You dont like?, I dont care!, to each their own

But you just said you posted the same pet peeve. :huh: So when it's you, it's okay to butt in, but everyone should STFU about you and your opinion? K. Got it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    According to WebMD 30 mins of sex burns about 90 calories, I added it to my exercises, because everything counts!! There's an article on there that lays out about how many calories different things burn, making out, etc...
    30 min? I haven't had 30 min since 1974:noway:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    my biggest pet peeve....stupid people that lack common sense and/or common courtesy.

anyone in particular?
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Sex is not on the exercise list!! It burns calories.

I agree! It does make you break a sweat.

I think it should be on the list!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but then every time you log it it'll say on your profile "So and so burned 250 calories doing 20 minutes of SEX!" haha

I logged it for fun once as Sexual Intercourse and my girls on my list were all very surprised lol.

I would log it for like 4 minutes and see what sort of comments came in...

Hahaha!!!! I usually find another site that has it listed and calculate the calories and put it in as some sort of generic exercise with my husband
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    According to WebMD 30 mins of sex burns about 90 calories, I added it to my exercises, because everything counts!! There's an article on there that lays out about how many calories different things burn, making out, etc...
    30 min? I haven't had 30 min since 1974:noway:

30 minutes? Man I wish!! I think that happened one time in recent memory. Sometimes it is in and out. I think it is because I am so hot.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    I joined to gain 1 pound. Can I have a hug?

u scare me
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    sounds like the person who made this thread is hating on someone who wants to lose 5lbs bc maybe she needs to lose a lot more than 5lbs lol....

'just my opinion ;]'
This discussion has been closed.