What did you cut down on that helped you the most?

Options
123457»

Replies

• erikatoth
    erikatoth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For me, it was just the quantity of food. I didnt eat unhealthily, at least not on biscuits and mcdonalds. But Once I started eating I was unable to stop, I didnt feel satisfied until I was full and overspilling. The most important thing was an attitude change that I picked up actually from my french boyfriend's family. That they eat a little of everything they fancy, savour it to the last bite, then move on. the other weird thing that helped was adding wine and champagne into my meal. Previously, a cooked salmon fillet with steamed vegetables would have never satisfied me, I would have had to have chips and mayo with it and then dessert (min 600 extra cals). Instead, now I have a small glass of champagne (90 cals) or white wine (110 cals) with it, and i feel satisfied.

It works for me, other things may work for others, but out of the two "uncontrolled eater" category (uncontrolled quality and/or uncontrolled quantity), I was the latter.
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    For me, it was sugar intake. Even though I was eating at my recommended calorie intake, eating low-fat and low-carb, I was eating way too much sugar. As soon as I cut down on my (absurd) sugar intake, I started to have more energy and the pounds started to melt off!
    Yep, this ^^^
  • Nengi1980
    Nengi1980 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I cut down excuses and lying to myself! LOL! x
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    inconsistency, I was a classic lose it during the week gain it all back in the weekend kind of gal.

Now I am careful to keep to my rules in the weekends too. Weekends are 3/7 or almost half the week anyway, if you count Friday which in most people's minds is when they start.
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Negative self talk^-^ I eat everything I've eaten before and I lose steadily, so...
  • leanne3333
    leanne3333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Calories? Ha!
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I cut down on the idea i had to eat "Healthy".

Now i Just stay within my calorie limits and enjoy balance. Much easier as a lifestyle alteration...

i'm so with you on this one!

while i'd say i'm naturally a healthy eater, a reeses mini pb cup will slip its way into my evenings once a while. i also refuse to give up participating in birthday parties and group dinners entirely--if i have 1 slice of thin crust pizza and then eat a nice big salad, i'm happy with that.

but to answer the OP question--so far i've cut down the most on BREAD and baked goods. I used to eat croissants for breakfast a few times a week--those are for SURE gone!
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks, this is great info!!!
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks, this is great info!!!

I would say beer and actually just eating more, smaller 'meals' which Ive been slacking on and I can see the difference in how it effects my weight loss!!!! Speaking of, I really need to eat soon ;) Breakfast will be 5 egg whites w/peppers and onions and, a honey wheat english muffin w/water and coffee :)
  • Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wheat. As soon as I cut down bread, white flour, pasta, rice and most of all those so-called healthy cereals like Weetabix (packed with sugar) ... my energy levels soared and that helped my motivation so much that I just got on a roll and kept going - couldn't believe the difference. Even now - if I have a date coming up where I want to look particularly fab in a dress or any outfit, I just cut out wheat for 3 days and INSTANTLY the inches disappear from my waist. Best feeling in the world.
  • amyllangley
    amyllangley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wine. I use to drink 1-3 glasses several days a week. Now I try to limit myself to 3 glasses all week. Also cut out a lot of carbs and no fried or fast foods.