21yo in a rut. How do you lose weight??

Options
123457»

Replies

• jennatals
    jennatals Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Not hard.

Hey, I know you're getting a lot of slack for this. I just want to say, I think you meant well and in my sense, I really do need to eat less and move more so I appreciate your advice.

Thank you to EVERYONE who commented. So many wonderful, inspiring people out there! I'm new to this site and didnt realize how many responses I had gotten. I've read every single one and find so many people to be motivating. I hope you all continue to keep it up and I hope to get to a point where i can be as inspiring as you guys :)
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Not hard.
    GO AWAY.

Uh. Do people not like the truth around here? There is no magic formula of losing weight. It's simple, really.

you eat BETTER. We are not all arseholes out here, don't stop asking questions :smile:
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The end of last year I got sick of not fitting into my own clothes and feeling fat and out of shape. For my Christmas present my husband signed me up for a running training group and it was one of the best gifts I have ever received. I ran a 25K in May and I am feeling amazing. Running has been my miracle pill. I have lost 33 pounds since the first of the year and I have have about 10-15 more to go. That's how I have done it :-) Hope you find what works for you.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE NOT HARD????/??

REALLY? Because I spent $2000 going to therapy for that exact problem..... I was eating under 500 calories a day, some days not at all.... some people need to think before they post! I have a hard enough time eating more than 1200 calories a day which is why I'm still fat because I don't eat enough... OH and try doing my old exercise routine on less than 1000 cal/ day. That guy would probably not make it through day One.!

Ugh- this makes me so mad.

FIgure out what your body needs using the online calculators, pick a diet you feel comfortable with, and ease into it. For me I have to really really coach myself to eat breakfast and lunch and sometimes dinner. I call people up when I'm on lunch break to tell me to eat instead of just smoking a cig or two and calling it a day.

If you don't eat enough you run just as many if not more health risks than eating too much.

Hope you're okay now :happy:
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like to just get outside and be active. I've tried to loose weight for years just by eating less but personally I could never sustain progress for very long. This time around I'm doing a little less dieting and a little (okay a lot) more activity, mostly hiking, biking and kayaking and it is making a world of difference.
  • angieleekid
    Options
    So I have a question, is starting slower better? I've been trying (for only a couple weeks) but i've been doing at least 30-40 minutes of high intensity cardio everyday + 15 min. of strength training and haven't lost even a pound. I've been tracking my calories but according to this website I'm to eat like 2,000a day with the exercise logged, and eating less than it says to! What the heck am I doing wrong? Can someone help? lol
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    So I have a question, is starting slower better? I've been trying (for only a couple weeks) but i've been doing at least 30-40 minutes of high intensity cardio everyday + 15 min. of strength training and haven't lost even a pound. I've been tracking my calories but according to this website I'm to eat like 2,000a day with the exercise logged, and eating less than it says to! What the heck am I doing wrong? Can someone help? lol

Wait a couple more weeks continuing your plan. If you're still having trouble after a month then consider taking action.