Why wont you open your diary?

Options

Replies

• secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    LMFAO! well, mine is OPEN for all to see. and I could give a flying F-U-C-K if ppl judge me upon making my goal, under my goal or OVER my goal.. or what I eat.. Who cares.. really?? Why are some ppl so sensitive bout that stuff? Just saying.. But its cool u know to each their own.. And for me its all bout being HONEST with my pals on here and they can look in on it and see what I do good or bad I dont care :) I love the feedback period .
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I applaud you 100% and have my diary closed since having a former mfp "pal" who would leave harsh comments when my calories were lower or my sodium was high for the day. MFP is supposed to be about support, not bashing. And I will add, with those abs, nobody has a right to tell you how to do anything, it looks like you already know!
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @ crisanderson2 & Nataliaho Yes i IF, so have had quite a few random messages saying my calories were too low lol. So decided to lock my diary with a key. I couldn't be bothered, too explain myself how the IF protocol works.

Me too...plus I don't need lectured about how I'm giving a bad and triggering example to my friends with ED's, etc.

Easier to just keep it private.

Add to that that I have been doing this long enough to know the rough caloric content of my regular meals...so I only log on weird days...or days where I'm very close, to see where I fell.
    Yes mate same here, don't want the hassle of lectures.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    I enjoy the social features of this site but I didn't sign up for amateur nutritionists to practice their craft on me lol. I also do a lot of planning in my diary, such as log foods for the next day so I can have an idea of how much i'll be eating. That changes a lot and is really just for me.
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed because I have a sneaky suspicion people might be concerned when they open it and see "Human Spleen" listed for lunch

I kid...I kid....
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have only opened mine to public twice, but mostly my diary is open to friends only. Reason is I don't need people to yell and scream and remind me that i either need to eat more or less. Also, i have started to steer clear of process foods as of this week, and needless to say, I'm sure a lot of people would slam me for not doing it sooner. Also, main reason: what i eat and log is my business no one else's and unless i ask for help, no one needs to comment lol
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Because it's none of your beeswax.
  • drumprincess1
    Options
    i didn't even know that there was a privacy setting until now haha....and mine was on private. i respect everyones decision to hide their diary. but as for me, i don't really care who sees it. they can judge all they want :ppppp
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I rarely don't go over or eat severely under> Sometimes I eat all my exercise calories, sometimes I don't.
    I always try to get in my fruits & veggies. I don't eat much bread but I do eat pasta quite a bit. I rarely eat fast food except right this minute I'm having a milkshake. If that is offensive, Sorry. I'm very sensitive and get my feelings hurt too easy.
    Since I began my journey I have lost 17 lbs, though just posting 10 on this site.
    I count cal.s for my benefit no one else. I love support but don't need criticism or I would still be married.

I also drink alot of tea which I do log everyday when I have it along with water. I also eat chocolate though I have cut way back and haven't had any in several days. i don't deprive or starve myself and I don't look at people's diaries much either, unless asked.
    Anyone that doesn't like that can remove me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Mine's open and despite eating pizza regularly, I've never had a nasty comment on my food choices. Maybe I just have really kickass friends.

I don't always log anymore, and when I do, I don't have my "has completed her food diary"status get posted to my feed. I don't need the (no pun intended) feedback on it. I know when I ate well. I know when I didn't. It's open if anyone wants to see what I'm eating, but I'm not going to broadcast it, either.
  • GelinaKnows
    Options
    Mine's an open book. I started on here via phone app & had no idea you even COULD lock it, let alone who's paranoid enough to do it lol. The fact that one could be opened with a password is even more ridiculous imho, I mean, it's a food diary. I'm not gonna memorize the secret code to what someone EATS??? Hardly makes sense. I like to compare what I eat to others, so I figure the others might feel the same way. I like to get different ideas, bc I feel like my choices are limited due to financial limitations, so I enjoy finding an idea! My daily Carnation breakfast complete's are due to someone's diary. So are a few snacks I have. I don't see what anyone's scared of/ If someone starts criticizing you on you diary, which I think's PATHETIC, just UNFRIEND THEM! It's NOT hard! LOL! :) Again, just my humble opinion!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My Diary is open. Keeps me accountable. Not logging until joining MFP allowed me to stay unaware and to continue to gain. Logging is a huge tool in my success thus far. It's a daily habit now but if I begin to slip I want my kicking *kitten* friends to call me out and rope me back in
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    If somebody says something like, "you shouldn't have had that donut.." I delete them.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If somebody says something like, "you shouldn't have had that donut.." I delete them.
    You have given me an Idea now LMAO!!!!!! :laugh:
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends, i've got nothing to hide, but if you've not made the effort to befriend me on here, why would you want to look at what i'm eating? That's just being nosy, and nobody likes a nosy person.
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same reason as the OP. Some days I go over my calorie goal and the next couple of days a bit under it. I don't really covet opinion on my eating habits, I am not here for that.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only.
    I don't want messages from random people giving me their opinion when they don't even know my story or stats even.

I close it occasionally if I'm going through a bad time or if I'm not logging for extended periods of time.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have been here awhile now. I go through periods where everything is clicking good and I dont feel the need to log anything. I also go through periods where I find my habits getting a bit loose, and I start logging again.

After doing this for awhile, I am not looking for any feedback on my food choices. When I do want some feedback on a food item or something, I might post a question about it but usually use the search feature and find ideas and suggestions.

When I initially came here to this site, it was to simply count calories. Now it's mainly to track macro nutrient levels.

Having my food diary open seems to me like I am suggesting my choices for others. I am not qualified to do that. It's possible that the way I eat is not a good idea for some people.
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. I'm still learning and it helps getting advice from people. When I have a cheat day I will put it on my status so everyone knows it's a cheat day and they let me be. As long as they are not rude I don't mind. That's why it's only open to friends so the trolls can't see it but people who want to encourage me and help me with my weight loss can see it.
  • HaleyJoAnn
    HaleyJoAnn Posts: 50
    Options
    I stay under my calorie goal usually but it isn't always the healthiest and don't want to hear about how unhealthy I'm eating.
    As long as I am losing weight, I'm happy! There is mean people out there and probably would give me a huge lecture.