WRAPPING MY WAIST IN CLING WRAP!! does it help?

Options
So recently someone has told me to wrap surram wrap around my waist in order to sweat off inches? Will this work or be effective in dropping some inches ?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It will make you sweat.... Is that what you want to achieve?
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    So recently someone has told me to wrap surram wrap around my waist in order to sweat off inches? Will this work or be effective in dropping some inches ?
    Lol no it wont work, and all you may lose is some water from under the skin, that would rapidly be replaced when you hydrated yourself. Utter nonsense forget it :smile:
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No :P all that really makes you lose is hard work and dedication. :flowerforyou:
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you do lose a inch or 2 maybe but its only temporary, its a quick fix you coulod do it for the day if you going to a party that night things like that
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    If it seems far fetched, it probably is. Never mind that it seems so completely uncomfortable!
  • stilettofury
    stilettofury Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know that plastering yourself with Preparation H and then wrapping yourself in saran wrap overnight WILL definitely take off inches. But it'll be back within an hour or so after removing the wrap. It's a common trick that recruiters use to make sure recruits meet body standards before enlisting in the armed forces.

If you're just going to the beach for a day, and want to look nice, I notice that on days when I drink nothing but water, my tummy is noticeably flatter than when I drink cokes or any other sweetened drink. Hope this helps!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    No.
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    this is quite interesting arn't zaug pants meant to work on the same principle of creating more heat in an area especially with excercise which is meant to give you better results ?? So actually may not be just a myth lol
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I swear, this is like the 17th post on this I've seen here.

If it sounds stupid and ridiculous then it probably is. Jeez, people.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Nope, will not work. Any inches lost during exercise will be immediately replaced when you drink water.
    There's simply no way to 'spot reduce' the belly.
  • ATLMel
    Options
    this is quite interesting arn't zaug pants meant to work on the same principle of creating more heat in an area especially with excercise which is meant to give you better results ?? So actually may not be just a myth lol

"Creating Heat" doesn't burn fat....a caloric deficit does. Otherwise I'd just aim my hair dryer at any fat I want gone.....
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    and steam rooms?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    :sick:

are you packing yourself for lunch?
  • ATLMel
    Options
    and steam rooms?

What about steam rooms?

They don't burn fat either. They feel great, give you a nice refreshing sweat....but they aren't burning any fat....
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it would be nice if reducing was this easy. but it doesnt work that way. Increasing body heat by preventing the normal cooling done by the skin causes sweating which causes water weight loss. No extra fat is being used while you sweat. Too much water loss done too quickly can be detrimental and even dangerous.

The water is replaced with the first glass of water you drink. So its a lot of discomfort for nothing.
  • AllisonPound
    AllisonPound Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same thing, you're just losing water weight. Sweating it out in a steam room helps remove toxins from your body I think, but as far as actually losing inches... no. Think about it this way, if saran wrap or sitting in a hot room could do the work exercise and healthy eating, or even of a tummy tuck can do, do you think saran wrap would only cost 3$ in a super market and anyone would own air conditioners?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The Full Monty includes a highly educational segment on whether that works.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    O_O if it was that easy, everyone would be slim
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

"Creating Heat" doesn't burn fat....a caloric deficit does. Otherwise I'd just aim my hair dryer at any fat I want gone.....

I could make a hair dryer gadget! FatBGone! sell it on late night TV. I'd make BILLIONS!!! of course ATLMel would get a cut.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

In addition to the above replies, in your list of "who to listen to for fitness advice" you might want to cross off the person who told you the above.