WRAPPING MY WAIST IN CLING WRAP!! does it help?

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wrap it around your boobs, take a picture, and post it here. It's boobie Friday you know.
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    this is quite interesting arn't zaug pants meant to work on the same principle of creating more heat in an area especially with excercise which is meant to give you better results ?? So actually may not be just a myth lol

"Creating Heat" doesn't burn fat....a caloric deficit does. Otherwise I'd just aim my hair dryer at any fat I want gone.....

don't be silly that would hurt lol
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yes it works...and I have tons of it for sale at a really low price. Hit me up for a good deal. LOL J/K of course.

I put preparation H on a guy at work and he disappeared...does that mean he was an *kitten*?

No just a pain in yours :)
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight, where does the lost body fat go?
    Answer
    from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
    To understand the answer, it helps to remember that fat is basically stored energy. Your body converts fat to usable energy for your muscles and other tissues through a series of complex metabolic processes. This causes your fat cells to shrink.

These metabolic activities also generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature, and waste products. These waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in your urine and SWEAT or exhaled from your lungs.

I.E. You can see why people may think this then

It can be excreted through sweat....sweating doesn't pull out fat....
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I did several sessions with a local wrap --- lost less than 1/2 inch. Yet others in the same facility swore they lost inches after the first session.

However, the warm heat was soothing for me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If sweating more meant more weight loss, I'd weigh about 23 pounds.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    and steam rooms?

Steam rooms are for making you sweat out toxins and such (clearing your pores). While you may lose some weight from the water sweated out, it will only stay off until you rehydrate. You can't sweat out fat.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Yes it works...and I have tons of it for sale at a really low price. Hit me up for a good deal. LOL J/K of course.

I put preparation H on a guy at work and he disappeared...does that mean he was an *kitten*?

It might mean he was a hemorrhoid... if entire a**es disappeared with Preparation H, they'd either be much richer or out of business. Yikes.
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does help. My husband has done it. His waist turned an awful shade of purple and it became really sore. Also, it doesn't last very long. A few hours.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    this is quite interesting arn't zaug pants meant to work on the same principle of creating more heat in an area especially with excercise which is meant to give you better results ?? So actually may not be just a myth lol

"Creating Heat" doesn't burn fat....a caloric deficit does. Otherwise I'd just aim my hair dryer at any fat I want gone.....

Creating heat involves using calories, actually. However, the pants that trap heat (they don't create it, or are they powered?) that was made by your body probably reduce caloric burn rather than raise it since you burn fewer calories in general when you can't cool yourself down.
  • placebomonkey
    Options
    Answer
    To understand the answer, it helps to remember that fat is basically stored energy. Your body converts fat to usable energy for your muscles and other tissues through a series of complex metabolic processes. This causes your fat cells to shrink.

These metabolic activities also generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature, and waste products. These waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in your urine and SWEAT or exhaled from your lungs.

You're missing the point just pointing out that you can see why people might think fat can be lost through sweat...I'm not saying it is or isnt just an interesting debate
  • liesl78
    liesl78 Posts: 35
    Options
    The Full Monty includes a highly educational segment on whether that works.

I love that movie! I was just thinking of that when I read the title of this thread.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Cheaper than Spanx...
  • placebomonkey
    Options
    The Full Monty includes a highly educational segment on whether that works.

I love that movie! I was just thinking of that when I read the title of this thread.

:D
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    lol. no.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Answer

You're missing the point just pointing out that you can see why people might think fat can be lost through sweat...I'm not saying it is or isnt just an interesting debate

No, I see the point. But it isn't a debate. Interesting debates on exercise don't contradict science. Giving any level of credence to things like this promotes dangerous behavior and just further muddies the waters for those looking for real information.

The diet/fitness industry has spent years marketing "quick-fixes" to (primarily) women. They think we are idiots with no desire to work hard or to actually understand the way our bodies work. I don't think it is helpful to try to find ways to justify things that have no basis in science and reason and...well, fact. They are nothing less than lies to sell products and they can have severe detrimental consequences.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    No. Just make you sweaty.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If it worked, cling film would sell a lot faster don't you think? Put them out on the shelves at 8am. Poof! Gone by 9am! ;)
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    Actually Thermage and radiofrequency + lasers will "melt" celulite fat so, you can't really argue that heat doesn't get rid of fat (although I'm sure someone here will find a way). I'm pretty sure that those methods are like 10000x different than using cling wrap.
  • glharrold
    glharrold Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As with anything else - you have to continue to work out to maintain it. I did this trick a few years ago. For two months I wrapped myself in saran wrap day and night - and exercised with it on as well. I lost 30 lbs quickly and kept it off for two years...until my husband and I decided to get pregnant. So it does work...but I'm sure it's not the healthiest thing to do.