Women Of 5'9/5'10 - What's Your Goal/Ideal Weight?

Options

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I use to be 135 lbs so I am aiming for 140 lbs
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    150lbs @ 5'9", or at lowest 143.
    Lowest at this height was 127 - I look sick and gaunt at that weight, plus that was pre-child, I doubt my body could handle that weight now.
  • Michelecalled
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and right now I am over 200, I also 54 almost 55. I'm trying so hard and I can't wait to get under 200 again. Sounds like so much I know, I used to be around 135 when I was in my 20's; I got up to around 150-55 when I got to my 30's & 40's. Then in my late 40's after my mom passed away I gained all this weight. It really is amazing because when I was young: I never, ever dreamed I would be this big now. I do remember that I worked out ALL the time, as much as I could. I was always watching my diet also.
    So THIS time I'm trying to remember that it was hard work back then and that I cannot let my guard down. Exercise & eating right is SO important for all of us no matter what our age.:flowerforyou:

Michele
  • hrtoftx
    hrtoftx Posts: 32
    Options
    I am 5 10 med frame.....after 4 months I am down to 170 from 204. My lowest weight was 130 in high school and I had no body what so ever. My goal weight is 150 to 155.....just taking is slow and steady.
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    At 5'10" you're pretty tall for a woman. There are a number of sites with frame size calculators....find one that has instructions for elbow frame size calculator. Use this to determine small, medium, or large frame. Too often, people will assume a frame size, based on their weight, which is incorrect. Once you find your frame size, match that to weight range. At first glance, 125lbs seems a bit light for someone 5'10", however, not knowing your body fat percentage, it is hard to gauge, and with a medium frame 145 would appear to be a better range....again, this depends on each person and how they want to look.

example....my BMI of 26 puts me at overweight, however, my body fat % of 13.5% shows that I am lean, and my weight is from muscle....not from fat.

So happy you posted this. I was reading the comments and thinking the same thing. Most people have no idea what their frame size truely is. When I was heavy people would tell me ALL the time "oh, you're just big boned." No, actually I'm small boned.

Anyway, I'm 5'11" and in high school I was 137. In college I was 145 and very happy with my body and size. Now I'm down to 177 (highest weight 250) with a goal weight of 155. That's a size 6 or 8 for me depending on what brand/type/style.
  • holly8_6
    holly8_6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I was 19-21 I was at my lowest weight of 115lbs. I was skeletal for my height of 5'9. I am now 154lbs at the age of 27 and would like to get back down to between 145 and 150lbs.
  • cyurt
    cyurt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 and currently 145. my goal is to be around 130
    all i really want at this point is to tone up not necessarily lose more weight because my friends think i looks too skinny now. my highest was 177
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 154lb, my lowest was in high school at 132lb.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    At 5'10" you're pretty tall for a woman. There are a number of sites with frame size calculators....find one that has instructions for elbow frame size calculator. Use this to determine small, medium, or large frame. Too often, people will assume a frame size, based on their weight, which is incorrect. Once you find your frame size, match that to weight range. At first glance, 125lbs seems a bit light for someone 5'10", however, not knowing your body fat percentage, it is hard to gauge, and with a medium frame 145 would appear to be a better range....again, this depends on each person and how they want to look.

example....my BMI of 26 puts me at overweight, however, my body fat % of 13.5% shows that I am lean, and my weight is from muscle....not from fat.

Wow, awesome info. According to the calculator I have a medium frame and my ideal weight is between 139lb and 152lb. Something to keep in mind when I get to my goal.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and a bit with a large frame. I started MFP at 259lbs and I am at 216lbs right now and wanting to get down to 170lbs. My lowest was 163lbs after high school and that was too low for me ! When I layed down all I seen were these gawdy hip bones sticking out. Not the most attractive thing I can think of.lol It has been years since I've been that weight (15 or 16) in fact it has been at least 5 years since I've been at the weight I am right now!
  • RustyIron
    RustyIron Posts: 21
    Options
    I did the BodPod and it was $50 or $75 for two. I think it was an older machine (it didn't give me my BMR - just my lean body mass and body fat percentages) and the lady (a chiropractor) who owned it said I should not eat more than 1200 calories per day (under my BMR!).

I was surprised by the 26% reading in the BodPod as I have defined abs and muscle definition in my arms and legs and would have guessed myself around 24%. However, the online military BF calculator gave me the same number (for free!). The military calculator is supposed to be one of the most accurate.

I lift heavy and do quite a bit of cardio on top of regular activity so I was expecting a lower number - particularly given that I see people who appear much heavier on MFP that report much lower body fat %. I am going to retest in a month because I paid for it but will rely on the military body fat calculator or find another BodPod somewhere else after my next test.
    How does one get their body fat measured? I doubt I could afford a bodpod thing or whatever that is. Only ever used the military online bodyfat test and that gave me around 16.4%, but those online calculators are never particularly reliable.

At work, i've run biggest loser contests with 50 people at a time, using body fat % as a measurement to determine winners, instead of weight. I've owned an Omron meter for several years, and over that time, including contests I must have measured around 80 people total. It has yet to fail in terms of accuracy. "Accuracy" being within 1-2%. I've verified these measurements using calipers in One, Three, and Seven position tests. The best time to use the Omron is in the morning, just after the shower, before using any lotion. If it says you are 32% and a guy...you're in trouble....If you want cut abs, get down below 13% for guys, and below 21% for women.

I also use it to validate friends weight loss programs. We'll take tape measure readings and bf% at the beginning....then when they get "stuck" at a certain weight, we'll see what their readings are again. Chances are they are losing fat, and gaining muscle.

Every method has its drawbacks...water displacement, the BodPod, the Omron. I wouldn't waste money on the BodPod over and over if you could own your own meter for $30.

The principle is Bio Electrical Impedance Analysis. Muscle is 75% water, its why it is hard when compressed, as fluid does not compress. The more muscle you have, the more water you have in your muscles and tissues....the lower resistance, the lower the body fat %. The less muscle you have, the less water you have, the higher your body fat%.
    So do you have link of the one you use? I am really interested in getting one!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9" and currently waiver the 170-172lb mark. My goal is to be at least 150-160lb. The whole frame size thing is beyond me... I have found so many different sites that use different areas of your body to figure out my frame and some of them are quite different from each other. On one site I was a small frame, which I find very hard to believe. and most of the others im a medium to large. So how to exactly know?

At my weight I am now i dont look too bad but my clothes hides my jigglys :) If I can get to my goal and seriously tone up I would be happy.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10" and currently weigh 162, my goal weight is 146 but not sure if I will actually get there as I'm weight lifting and concentrating on measurements at the moment
  • Lithriel
    Lithriel Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 162 pounds at the moment. I was able to drop the weight from my last pregnancy last year with a high of 190 right after the baby was born. 160 was my goal, but now that I am so close, I am thinking 150 to 155 would be nice, with more emphasis on tone because I still have very flabby areas.

I'm pretty sure I have Marfan's Syndrome though, which means my fame is huge (wide shoulders, 6'3" armspan, hands as long as my super tall husbands). The Doctor said 160 was healthy for me.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8-5'9 and my gw is about 120lbs.....
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5, and my lowest weight was 127. This was due to an ulcer and being unable to eat anything. I looked as sick and gaunt as I felt. I'm currently aiming for 145-150.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I am 5'9" and would love to get down to 140 but would be very happy with a toned 150. I am like most of the other posters, I would look sick at 125. I would have to be sick in order to get my food loving body down to that. LOL!

Exactly this!

I'm currently 151lb and would like to be 140lb, but yep, I would be happy with a more toned look though :happy:
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and at my lowest, which is right now, I am hovering between 185-190. I would like to get to 170lbs and see how I feel. I have built a lot of muscle so I'm not concerned about needing to be a certain number. I'd like to fit into a size 8 or 10. Yesterday I bought my first pair of size 12's (YAY) but I'm still closer to a 14 for most pants.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'10, medium build and around 125 Ibs. I have been maintaining at that for months now, with some effort on my part.
    I was around 142 last summer, maybe a tiny bit more, when I was not exercising really, and eating pretty much what I felt like eating,

What is the lowest weight you have been, and what is your goal weight now ?

I am almost 5'10". I want to get to 170 ultimately. But for now, my next goal is 200 :)

My lowest was about 165. In high school. Was really really thin.. due to some problems I was having.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", large frame

I weigh 159, I want to get to 145-150 where I am most comfortable
    My lowest weight ever was 135 but I was very unhealthy and was told I look anorexic back then!!