Women Of 5'9/5'10 - What's Your Goal/Ideal Weight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• cgflowers1971
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my lowest adult weight was 118-125 when I was super stressed

Right now I'm at 148, trying to get to 130 - 135 lb or basically lose the belly bulge and feeling better.

I was at 150 in college, when I was running track, with 12% body fat, but I couldn't maintain that. I'd get sick at the drop of a hat. My frame is definately small, but my shoulders are wide for a woman.
  • vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    5'9" and my first goal is to get to 160. Then if my fat % is still "high" I want to work for the 150lbs.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's crazy to read all the different weights people have within an inch height difference.

After reading through the posts, I did find out I'm a large frame which kind of bums me out. Though I can touch my middle finger and thumb together, which says is a medium frame.

I'm a tad short of 5' 10" and was 127 at my lowest, but that was a mistake on my part. I'm looking at 160 and we'll see how I feel when I reach it.
  • twinkletoes2
    twinkletoes2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my ideal weight is 160 lbs.

The smallest I've been in my adult life is about 180 lbs and another 20 lbs off of that would have been absolutely perfect for me.
  • spomaney
    spomaney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'10" over here and currently 172lbs. I was at my highest in February at 192 (it's funny how you don't realize you've gained weight until it hits you randomly). The lowest that I ever paid attention to was at 145 in high school, and I thought I was fat then... crazy, I know. I would love to hit 160 before the end of the summer. My goal is about 150, but I want to be toned... like bikini fitness model toned lol.
  • sweetpeaz12345
    sweetpeaz12345 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im almost 6 foot (5'11 3/4) lol and my goal weight is 180 :) possible 190 depending on how I feel lol..
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    179cm's here....73-75kgs which is about 160

I think anything less than 70kgs for this height is WAY to tiny!

:smile:
  • 007GAL
    007GAL Posts: 6
    Options
    Am 5.11 aiming for 75 kilos. I am 105 kilos now

Ah kg nice not having to work it out haha! I'm looking to get to 75kg too 5'10 I have a friend the same height who is about 63kg - so tiny i'm never going to get down to that!
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and around 136lbs ( or 9.71 stones :laugh: ) currently. Lowest was about 10lbs less, and was told that I looked "ill." I, like the OP, have 6" wrists and a 3" elbow breadth (so small frame with wrists, large with elbows...I'm going with Medium since I have really broad shoulders). No idea what my body fat% is (military one gave me 17% or so). My goal is to be between 130-135, so I am basically there :smile: Just want to stay heatlhy and strong!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I feel XL and in charge compared to everyone else, LOL.

I'm 5'9 and am currently 191 (size 12/14-ish). This is the lightest I have ever been. I was between 215-220 in HS. My 1st goal weight was 200, then 185 but my doctor wants me at 170. That is my ultimate goal weight.

I have a large frame and I carry the majority of my weight in my thighs so much running is in my future. I'm missing my boobs but I'll need slightly smaller ones for my new body.

Congrats to everyone and all of their hard work!!!

5499814.png
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have a small frame (wrist size just under 6") so any extra weight just sits on my belly. I'm currently 145 and love my weight. If I wanted some abs to really show though I'd have to be about 140, maybe a few pounds lower. For the summer I'm going to get down to 140, but after that, I'll leave it at 145.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did the BodPod and it was $50 or $75 for two. I think it was an older machine (it didn't give me my BMR - just my lean body mass and body fat percentages) and the lady (a chiropractor) who owned it said I should not eat more than 1200 calories per day (under my BMR!).

I was surprised by the 26% reading in the BodPod as I have defined abs and muscle definition in my arms and legs and would have guessed myself around 24%. However, the online military BF calculator gave me the same number (for free!). The military calculator is supposed to be one of the most accurate.

I lift heavy and do quite a bit of cardio on top of regular activity so I was expecting a lower number - particularly given that I see people who appear much heavier on MFP that report much lower body fat %. I am going to retest in a month because I paid for it but will rely on the military body fat calculator or find another BodPod somewhere else after my next test.
    How does one get their body fat measured? I doubt I could afford a bodpod thing or whatever that is. Only ever used the military online bodyfat test and that gave me around 16.4%, but those online calculators are never particularly reliable.

At work, i've run biggest loser contests with 50 people at a time, using body fat % as a measurement to determine winners, instead of weight. I've owned an Omron meter for several years, and over that time, including contests I must have measured around 80 people total. It has yet to fail in terms of accuracy. "Accuracy" being within 1-2%. I've verified these measurements using calipers in One, Three, and Seven position tests. The best time to use the Omron is in the morning, just after the shower, before using any lotion. If it says you are 32% and a guy...you're in trouble....If you want cut abs, get down below 13% for guys, and below 21% for women.

I also use it to validate friends weight loss programs. We'll take tape measure readings and bf% at the beginning....then when they get "stuck" at a certain weight, we'll see what their readings are again. Chances are they are losing fat, and gaining muscle.

Every method has its drawbacks...water displacement, the BodPod, the Omron. I wouldn't waste money on the BodPod over and over if you could own your own meter for $30.

The principle is Bio Electrical Impedance Analysis. Muscle is 75% water, its why it is hard when compressed, as fluid does not compress. The more muscle you have, the more water you have in your muscles and tissues....the lower resistance, the lower the body fat %. The less muscle you have, the less water you have, the higher your body fat%.

Summed this up nicely thanks :smile:
  • MCHama
    MCHama Posts: 1
    Options
    This is a bit late haha,
    but I'm just under 5'10 and I weigh about 155 pounds (70 kilos)
    my goal weight is 143 pounds (65 kilos), or less; I'll see when I get to 65.
    This isn't much of a difference/drop since I'm already pretty fit and people tell me I'd look unhealthy weighing less,
    but this is just to feel comfortable I guess.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", 155 now with a goal weight of 150. I'm 54 and I weighed 151 when I graduated from college.

I have weighed as little as 140 while I was nursing a toddler and couldn't eat enough to keep up with the calorie demands. I got grumpy. Not going there. Not doing that.
  • julliet4
    julliet4 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Deleted