Body by Vi Visalus Shakes

Options

Replies

• jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    ok i just need to know... to the haters of it..

do you hate it becuase of the product or do you hate it because how it is sold..

no one here who is against it has said... this is what is wrong with it ( that i have seen but i could be mistaken)

so far the only debatable factor is ... IT IS MLM.. AND BADDD BECAUSE OF THAT

i just want to clear up.. is it the product you are so against.. or the mlm part of it.. because i always wonder that part....

MLM. I oppose all MLM businesses. They're scams. That's why they're MLM's.

If it's such a great product why not sell it in stores? I ask the same of any Amway, Cutco, etc. salesman. You hear them rave about all the wonderful blah blah blah you get from their product that you could never get anywhere else. And what a deal it is and how it's guaranteed... but for some reason selling it in any store is just beyond these companies.

There's a reason. They use hucksters to convince people to sell their overpriced, below average products to their friends and family. MLM's are outlawed in certain countries. People would never buy this stuff at the price it's at if it was just sitting on a shelf. That's where the high pressure sales pitch comes in. With all the amazing promises... it'll clear up your skin, it'll take off the weight, there's nothing out there like this, yada yada yada.

It's a drink. There's absolutely nothing special about it. Nothing you can't make yourself at home with the right ingredients. But the salespeople prey on the emotions of those who don't know better. That's why they don't just sell them a few bottles. They sign them up to have more automatically delivered and have the money automatically taken out of their bank account.

Body By Vi, Shakeology, Herbalife, Amway, Cutco.. I don't care what you call it. Every one is a scam that manipulates people with dreams of making a fortune selling magic products to people they know. I like to help people avoid such disgusting business tactics.

You can call it being a "hater". I think of it as helping people.

Thank you for your reply.. i value your views.

now you have said it is a scam because it is MLM.... now I understand that some really do not like the whole idea of MLM, but some great businesses and products are sold this way. Mary Kay, Avon, Partylite, Eppicurecandles to name a few ( which i have personally bought from) These are simply products being sold the same way that the Body by vi is sold,

Each product has a benefit in which the company is telling there distrubtors to sell. and thus the person that brought them in gets money and the company gets money etc etc. And these are all successful home based businesses for many people and could be and have been classified as MLM.

I have used the products these companies sell. I am often very impressed by them. Which directs me to not being a scam. In fact the partylight candles are the BEST candles i have ever used and love them. yes they cost more... but damm they smell great completly melt away and just are awesome...... yet it is MLM... and still not a scam.....

I think that you personally are feeling a grudge or distaste for MLM and have used that to say that this product is a scam and doesnt work. I respect your right to do so, what i dont get is how you can say that because the product is not sold in a store makes it a scam.....

I am in sales

I make a sale to my customer...i make commision from it
    my boss then also makes money from the profit..
    the supplier also gets money when we purchase the product from them...

would that not be mlm??? and i am in a business in a store... and we are most def not a scam.

I think you would have to separate the selling techniques( cause yes i agree some people shove it down your throat to but it etcetc)and the product before you can go further in any slamming of the product.

if it was sold in a store.. what would you call it then? to say that people would not pay the money for it on a shelf well hold on now.. early in this very thread i was told to go and buy a product from GNC that is 69.99 for 33 servings... the Body by vi is 49.99 for 30 servings...how is the price going to be such a huge deal??
    I see the PGX and the Slim quick thing that the kardashians promote all over GNC and such.. does that make them legit?? does that mean they work??

as i have said plenty of times before in many disscusions that come up on this forum... body by vi works for those who want to put work in... and that is that.. there is no diffrence between me going to GNC and getting protein powder for whatever cost and having a shake for breakie and lunch as there is to having a body by vi.. except.. body by vi has the nutrional content i am looking for. and it tastes good and works into my price range.

again i thank you for answering because i didnt think anyone would.

oh and it did help my skin and it did help me lose weight.. but i also cleaned up what i was eating ( sugars and grease are gone.. and i drink alot of water so that did it too)

honestly.. it is not a miracle.. there are no miracles.. it is a product that helps as a tool to those who are dedicated to working for their goals...

I know NOTHING i say will change your mind or anyone elses.. but to say it is crap because it is sold as mlm.. is like saying i am a drunk cause i am irish.. or someone is cheap for being Jewish etc etc.. it is judging something on what the stereo type and common preception of a sitution is.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ok i just need to know... to the haters of it..

do you hate it becuase of the product or do you hate it because how it is sold..

no one here who is against it has said... this is what is wrong with it ( that i have seen but i could be mistaken)

so far the only debatable factor is ... IT IS MLM.. AND BADDD BECAUSE OF THAT

i just want to clear up.. is it the product you are so against.. or the mlm part of it.. because i always wonder that part....

MLM. I oppose all MLM businesses. They're scams. That's why they're MLM's.

If it's such a great product why not sell it in stores? I ask the same of any Amway, Cutco, etc. salesman. You hear them rave about all the wonderful blah blah blah you get from their product that you could never get anywhere else. And what a deal it is and how it's guaranteed... but for some reason selling it in any store is just beyond these companies.

There's a reason. They use hucksters to convince people to sell their overpriced, below average products to their friends and family. MLM's are outlawed in certain countries. People would never buy this stuff at the price it's at if it was just sitting on a shelf. That's where the high pressure sales pitch comes in. With all the amazing promises... it'll clear up your skin, it'll take off the weight, there's nothing out there like this, yada yada yada.

It's a drink. There's absolutely nothing special about it. Nothing you can't make yourself at home with the right ingredients. But the salespeople prey on the emotions of those who don't know better. That's why they don't just sell them a few bottles. They sign them up to have more automatically delivered and have the money automatically taken out of their bank account.

Body By Vi, Shakeology, Herbalife, Amway, Cutco.. I don't care what you call it. Every one is a scam that manipulates people with dreams of making a fortune selling magic products to people they know. I like to help people avoid such disgusting business tactics.

You can call it being a "hater". I think of it as helping people.

Hard to be helpful when you can't see the truth through shades of negativity.
    Research prevails.
    There IS something special about it. If you did your research you would understand that.
    Go ahead, make it at home. It would cost you a fortune to get the nutrient content out of regular food that you get in one nutritional shake. (Proven fact) If you did your research you would understand that.
    It's not sold in stores for a reason. If you did your research you would understand that.
    You're not forced into monthly shipments. If you did your research you would understand that.

Seems like there's alot about this company and the products that you don't understand ...

Did I mention that doing your research is very beneficial?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Research prevails.
    There IS something special about it. If you did your research you would understand that.
    Go ahead, make it at home. It would cost you a fortune to get the nutrient content out of regular food that you get in one nutritional shake. (Proven fact) If you did your research you would understand that.
    It's not sold in stores for a reason. If you did your research you would understand that.
    You're not forced into monthly shipments. If you did your research you would understand that.

Seems like there's alot about this company and the products that you don't understand ...

I love it when you people say "research". You know what comes up in a Google search. BBV has made certain of it already.

Not my first rodeo sugar. I see through you people like used Neutrogena. Now shoo fly.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    Do you have GNC in Canada? The 2lb is $33. Are you looking at the 5lb? That's over 2x the servings.

again i have asked for recomendations for one from you that tastes as good.. has 90 calories ((130 with almond milk) low carb and has no gross gritty texture.. i have tried i have to say about 7 diffirent ones from GNC and none of them work for me.. and honestly by the time i finish buying all the stuff i have to hid the taste of the other ones.. i am spending wayyy more.. (and any of the ones that have been meh i can take it.. were 50 bucks each and lasted me 2 weeks... so 100 bucks a month.. which is what i pay now...)

I would get the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. You can use about 3/4 of a scoop. That will be 90 cals and 18g protein. This will cost about $33 and give you about 33 servings. $1/serving. I would buy the Chocolate Mint.

i live in canada.. and i just looked this stuff up.. it is 69.99 plus the 12% taxes... and it does 33 servings.. so that is breakfasts.. i also do lunch with my shakes... soooo 69.99 X2 X12% tax = $156.78 a month.... that is 57 bucks more...

I understand what you are trying to say to me and help me with..but this is the problem.. i am a single mom.. for 99 bucks a month i get lunch and breakie for the month... for me to switch at this point i have to save more.. not spend more..
    [/quote]

our prices up here are generally 14% higher than american prices... the cheapest is one at 52.99 for 33 servings.. still more expensive for me its 105.80 before taxes.. and the closest one being an hour drive away from me.. ( lol which would be about another 15 bucks in gas there and back.. hahahah our gas is awful right now)
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Can't we just go back to talking about good ole HCG? mmmmmmmm:devil:
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    Research prevails.

I love it when you people say "research". You know what comes up in a Google search. BBV has made certain of it already.

Not my first rodeo sugar. I see through you people like used Neutrogena. Now shoo fly.

"you people" ...
    oh please, spare me the "sugar" crap.
    And the insinuation that BBV is in control of Google analytics .... LMAO !!!
    You're probably the type of guy who wears a tinfoil helmet to protect yourself from the government spies ...
    I can clearly see that your ego is bigger than your brain.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Run away. If you don't plan on doing it the rest of your life, why do it temporarily. Real food that you have to chew, real exercise that makes you sweat, and great supportive friends will result in nothing but success!

This. But no one will ever heed this advice until they're fed up with trying the same old fads over and over and over. After losing the same 50 pounds three times in my short 23 years of life, I'm totally done with crap like this. Save your money, go for a run, eat something healthy, and find some supportive friends like those on MFP. :)
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    "you people" ...
    You're probably the type of guy who wears a tinfoil helmet to protect yourself from the government spies ...

See I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking the company you work for that has you here trying to push your shakes on people.

It's not going to work. MFP is all about losing weight in a healthy and sustainable way. Body By Vi has no part in that.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options

See I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking the company you work for that has you here trying to push your shakes on people.

It's not going to work. MFP is all about losing weight in a healthy and sustainable way. Body By Vi has no part in that.

where is the prove of this.

you say it is not healthy please provide me with the facts. because you have gone from it being a scam for its sales techinques to unhealthy so i am trying to now be shown those facts.

I am all about facts to back up what you are saying.

To say it is because it is a shake diet.. well that is your view.. for me it works to help me control and keep control of my addiction that i am beating...

so please present forth the facts that it not healthy... (and when i say facts i mean doctor written articles not a persons blog.. or scientific facts done by labs etc or examples of people being harmed by it.

thank
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    "you people" ...

funny thing just happened ... I googled BrettPGH and what do I see?
    A link which reads MFP's MEANEST!

True story bro.
  • BrettPGH
    Options

True story bro.

You think I've been mean here? You have no idea what I'd like to say to you.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options

True story bro.

You think I've been mean here? You have no idea what I'd like to say to you.

i think you are not mean i think you are stating your views which you are completly entitled to do.. but to state those as fact you must provide proof with them.. therefore you have said it is in no way healthy.. so please provide me with the documentation that it is bad and people are harmed from it?

and in return i will provide you with evidence of a sick child in the hospital who is so sick they cant eat and gain.. and they have been giving him this and he is making recoveries his doctors are shocked by.

and then i will show you hundreds of people who have lost weight on it.. and are living better lives... because they used the product..

(please note NOWHERE do i speak about the sales of or the money made from it.. becuase that is not part i am debating)
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    And now it heals the sick...

You all disgust me. I'm done.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
    I'm just going to leave this here. Read it all.

By the way Brett isn't being mean.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

True story bro.

Seriously? You can't defend the product so you're resulting to personal attacking. Classy.
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
    I'm just going to leave this here. Read it all.

By the way Brett isn't being mean.

Another blog.
    No fact.
    Simply opinion.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Brett for president!!!!! :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Works for me.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    And now it heals the sick...

You all disgust me. I'm done.

never said it cured the sick.. i said it is helping a sick child i know get better.. what is healing him is the medicine etc.. what is helping him gain weight and keep food in his system and his drs are promoting is body by vi...

of course you are done..that is what people do when they cant defend there statements.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Works for me.

I'm pregnant - I can help you with HCG :)
This discussion has been closed.