Spreadsheet for BMR/TDEE Deficit calcs, MFP Tweaks, HRM

Options
heybales
heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
Also on BLOG:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heybales/view/spreadsheet-for-tdee-deficit-calcs-mfp-tweaks-hrm-tweaks-270330

After observing so many desiring to increase their calories to get out of a stall, but the confusion over different BMR values found, different TDEE calculators doing things different ways, desires to still eat back exercise calories and basically use MFP but tweak it, I wanted a spreadsheet with everything in one place.

I could never find a site that really had everything in one place, though some came close. If I could do web page coding, I could have done it there. But I think there is something to be said for a spreadsheet you can download as Excel or into your own Google account, and keep your figures for future reference and changes, which a web page can't give you.

So this Spreadsheet is hopefully self-explanatory if you have seen any of the discussions regarding TDEE and deficits, and BMR, ect. It is not totally meant as educational, which you can get elsewhere.

So it does appear busy, because I think it's interesting to see all the figures at once, so you can see that sometimes, concern over minor values really doesn't change things much in the end. Just read carefully to see what is going on, and don't accidently wipe out non-yellow fields.

Each tab has an explanation at top as to why you may want to use that method.

The TDEE Deficit tab, besides several ways of trying to nail your real TDEE figure (pick one), has several deficit methods that I've seen referenced in studies or is popular. Pick one or a middle value of extremes perhaps.

The MFP Tweak tab, is merely to get the Daily goal figure above whatever number you want to use as bare minimum. Then you eat back HRM based exercise calories.

The HRM tab is some changes to the HRM you could do for better calorie burn estimates, and getting your HR training zones for better training.

The Eating For Future You was the start of the spreadsheet, and is specific method that is perhaps more work to nail daily activity, but perhaps better potential if honest.

I'm hopefully done tweaking, as I got suggestions from my friends list, but let me know if something lacking or wrong. Which means check back for updates compared to your saved version.

Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Very nice Bales! I have something very similar but I don't share it.
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting will take a look
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow - amazing to have all of this in one place! Thanks for building and sharing it with everyone on MFP! :smile:
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is really cool! Thank you for sharing!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks Can't wait to put it to use.
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump so I can check it out when I get home. Thx!
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    This is fantastic! Thanks! :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I guess suggestions could actually be left here after you use, I'll monitor the topic as long as comments are left.

That way if others agree with suggestion, I'll see the desire and/or reasoning behind it.
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump will hopefully get this working when I get home !
  • microburst20
    microburst20 Posts: 130
    Options
    :smile:
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump.. Thanks for sharing..
  • RachelK40
    RachelK40 Posts: 17
    Options
    Bump-thx!
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I like to keep things organized and in one place. I often calculate my numbers from various sites to get an average and see if I'm on track.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This looks like a really useful tool - I'll check it out later.
    Thanks!
  • curlygirly80
    curlygirly80 Posts: 176
    Options
    OMG! You are a god send! Thanks!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Wow! thanks so much... I was trying to do something similar yesterday but just got overwhelmed :)
  • mkgraz
    mkgraz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    BUMP