Q for Ladies: Better boobs after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    In a word, no.

After losing 100 pounds, which I have done, your boobs will be like deflated pancakes sagging a la old lady way more than they should. It sucks, but that's what bras are for, and you will feel (and look) way better 100 pounds lighter.

Boobs are mostly fat, you are losing fat, so you will lose fat in your boobs. Since your skin is about the size of your current boobs, and skin is somewhat stretchy (but not excessively so), your skin will likely remain a similar size. It will tighten up a little, but not as much as you want it to. If you have stretch marks on your boobs, that is a sign that you've already stretched your skin past its breaking point there.

This!!
    I have lost 100 pounds and I wish I could say the end result was pretty. Let's just say, two fried eggs hanging on a nail LMAO! In all fairness I did breast feed one of my children so that probably didn't help. I went from a full D 46 down to a C 34 but the cup needs to have a push up pad in it to give a nice shape. I could probably wear a B if I wanted to. i still have a nice shape when I wear a bra and DH understands so its all good :wink:
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I have to say that this is the last place I lose and I wish they would go down a bit I've just gone from a 32 G to a 32 GG and that is as real as mildly fibriotic breasts get. No bargain bras to be had at that size. No backless dresses or cute little spaghetti straps and no sports bra in existance that allows me to run. Gravity alone does the damage with weight loss not getting a look in but things that have helped but not worked miracles:
    1 invest in a number of good, supportive bras that fit you properly. I thought I was a DD for years because that was as high as it went. Go to a specialty shop and get measured. That combates gravity better than anything else.
    2 Good posture helps so much more than you realise. Don't slouch to hide them. You are hiding them from no one but yourself and if you do a good enough job they just blend into part of your belly:)
    3 a good lotion with cocoa butter - especially one for pregnancy and weight losss helps the appearance.
    4 accepting your body shape. Weight loss aside, some things are just you. Fat will come off where it comes off and stay where it wants. Don't let fear of saggy boobs give you and excuse not to be healthy.
    5 burn all beauty mags. They will just make you feel, fat, ugly and imperfect. They do that to even the size zero models.

Don't fret. Focus more on what you are going to feel like and how you are going to still be able to move properly at 60 and get on with it. Madonna has insane bingo wings but can still move better than I could at 20:)

LOL (Madonna comment). Good advice. I should get re-measured for a bra.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Why do women obsess about breast size? So what if they get smaller when a woman loses weight (fat). Breasts are glands with a bunch of fat around them. Isn't less fat on your body better?????

I'm not so much concerned about size as about shape.

And you may be thinking different if you lost more than half the size in your nether-region after losing weight.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    I have to say that this is the last place I lose and I wish they would go down a bit I've just gone from a 32 G to a 32 GG and that is as real as mildly fibriotic breasts get. No bargain bras to be had at that size. No backless dresses or cute little spaghetti straps and no sports bra in existance that allows me to run. Gravity alone does the damage with weight loss not getting a look in but things that have helped but not worked miracles:
    1 invest in a number of good, supportive bras that fit you properly. I thought I was a DD for years because that was as high as it went. Go to a specialty shop and get measured. That combates gravity better than anything else.
    2 Good posture helps so much more than you realise. Don't slouch to hide them. You are hiding them from no one but yourself and if you do a good enough job they just blend into part of your belly:)
    3 a good lotion with cocoa butter - especially one for pregnancy and weight losss helps the appearance.
    4 accepting your body shape. Weight loss aside, some things are just you. Fat will come off where it comes off and stay where it wants. Don't let fear of saggy boobs give you and excuse not to be healthy.
    5 burn all beauty mags. They will just make you feel, fat, ugly and imperfect. They do that to even the size zero models.

Don't fret. Focus more on what you are going to feel like and how you are going to still be able to move properly at 60 and get on with it. Madonna has insane bingo wings but can still move better than I could at 20:)

Truth! I used to stuff into a DD or DDD just because that was all I could find in regular box stores. I finally went and got fitted properly at Lane Bryant and it is amazing what well fitting bras do for you!
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I fully expect to be sagging and bagging..

mine already on their way south lol.. I expect to be a SAGGY B or C I'm currently a DD.

The thing is when I was on a low carb diet... my boobs and butt were the first thing to go.. I was flat in both depts... when you start to eat regular and gain a little weight the inflate somewhat back up..
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I hate to say this but I use to bust out of my DD's and got down to a C with weight loss. They looked awful, like deflated balloons... I had a lift done

This is what I'm worried about too. My husband says he likes them no matter what, but I HATE them. And he thinks I'm joking when I say I might have to save to have surgery because it's a MENTAL connection for me. My breasts have been somewhat of a security blanket all of my life and I just hate them right now. :<

I got pregant at 18 and gained lots of weight w/ each child so mine were bad! My husband is great, he loved me (and them) just like I was, but it was for me. I couldn't even remember what it was like to have nice ones!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's the opposite. But don't let that get you down! Maybe you can allocate a lift as your reward when you reach your final goal!
  • taylersmiles
    Options
    After my parents divorce and moving, my weight has been up and down, from loosing 20 lbs to gaining 30 lbs, etc. Now, I am down 8 lbs from original starting weight and through all of this, i've noticed a change.
    When I first started loosing, my boobs went up from a 38D to a 38DD, now that I've gained and lost, they are same size, and starting out, for my size, they were perky, but they've become a lot perkier! I'm kind of hoping with weight loss, they will get back to a 38D, its hard work lugging these around!
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Why do women obsess about breast size? So what if they get smaller when a woman loses weight (fat). Breasts are glands with a bunch of fat around them. Isn't less fat on your body better?????

^^^^^You don't understand. This is the only visible thing that seperates us from being boys.:sad:
  • haines99
    haines99 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am in full agreement with ipbr10 - chest work (bench press, push ups, lat pull downs, free weights, etc) shrinks them as you burn the fat on the underarm area. I must have lost a whole handful of fat in 5 weeks just from this area and the 'girls' are perkier, but when I was training before, they definately shrunk back at least a cup size.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I started out as a c-cup, but these days I'm hardly a B. My boyfriend swears up and down that they're firmer and perkier, but to me they just seem smaller. lol I think it really depends on how much weight you lose, how big they are to start with, if you've had children and breast fed, etc.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I wish!!.. unfortunately?, nope.. I will see once I reach my GW
  • stacieroxursox
    Options
    Your boobs will most likely get smaller and saggy-er if you're trying to lose 100+ pounds. Ive been pretty lucky and have gone from a Full DD to a Medium C without too much sagging but I expect it to get worse as I lose my last 25 - 30 lbs. My friend who lost 75+ pounds has reached her weigh loss goal but her boobs definitely show the change and its much more drastic than what Ive experienced personally so far. I think it will vary from person to person but I will most likely be getting a boob job to make up for what has been lost and the saggy look. Nothing over the top, just want to look natural again and not like ive lost 150lbs.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Before getting pregnant, I had lost 35 lbs. My boobs honestly didn't change much. They got a bit smaller but mostly stayed the same and looked the same.
  • Sirxx99
    Sirxx99 Posts: 43
    Options
    Not a female but Same question could be if you lose a bunch of weight does your stomach have extra skin? Does it sag also? YES!Well gravity will pull boobs down as it does not discriminate. Boobs will be the first to start shrinking and will have extra skin just like everything else. Just sayin. However if you arent losing more than 30 lbs I doubt you would have much to worry about.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I've stayed a consistent G-H cup as my weight's gone down, but my back size has reduced. I think I'll ultimately end up somewhere in the DD-F range.

In terms of 'sagging' - well their appearance isn't as good, but as others have mentioned, lifting does help, as does losing slowly. And while *I* can see the difference cosmetically, others close to my boobies don't.

I've still got a way to go, but overall, the news isn't terrible on the boob front, for me.

Other key issues will be whether you've had babies, whether you've breastfed, etc. But at your age, I'd say the odds are you've got skin elasticity on your side.
  • Crazygurl1211
    Options
    I think it really varies depending on the person. Some will have saggy boobs after losing 10 pounds, some can lose over 100 pounds and have smaller and perkier boobs. I don't think anyone should be saying "this happened to me and it will happen to you too" because everyone's body is different, everyone's skin is different, etc. It's the same thing with loose skin - a lot of it boils down to genetics, age, and other things that vary from person to person.

I have lost almost 40 pounds so far and I don't notice my boobs sagging any more than they ever did. They haven't perked up either, but then I don't think they have gotten significantly smaller to really have a reason to be any perkier. I guess I'll see what happens when I lose more. I wear a DD, so they do sag a little bit like I think any woman's of that size would unless she has implants or a really large build, but they're not terrible. Before I gained the weight, I was a 34C, so it's quite a bit smaller than the 42DD I was when I was at my heaviest. My boobs are only slightly smaller now, and I now wear a 38DD. I will see what they look like when I go down to a D, and then a C. In several cases, the boobs actually perk up once you lose the weight, so you could experience that too! I'm 29 so hoping for the best!

And to the person who said having stretch marks on your boobs means you've probably stretched them out too much for them not to sag after weight loss - wrong. Sagging boobs has more to do with the ligaments than the skin. And stretch marks do not equal loose skin either - there are plenty of people who have stretch marks and don't have loose skin when they lose the weight. I've lost 40 pounds so far and have no visible loose skin. The only place where my skin even feels loose where I pinch it is where my stretch marks are, and I think that's because the skin cells have been torn there and the skin is weak, not because it's actually loose from what's underneath.
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yup as soon as I paid for them! :drinker:
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    sorry, friend. mine are a hideous sight to behold
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I was never big to start with (B cup), but they've definitely gotten smaller along with my band size. I do think that the lifting workouts I've started doing are helping to perk up the muscles around them though. So I think there's still hope left for me haha

There are so many factors that go into something like that, so you one person's experience could be completely different from yours.