ALMOST there! ~90lbs lost in about 10 months.

Options

Replies

• jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You look awesome! I would have never guessed you were 174. Way to rock it!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look really great. I think the weight you are at now is perfect for you!
  • alawson02
    alawson02 Posts: 10
    Options
    great job.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,884 Member
    Options
    The pictures are WOW! You look so beautiful and fit and strong! :smokin: With your story, the pics are even more amazing! :happy:
    Well Done!:drinker:

Thanks for the big dose of inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and what an inspirational story ~ well done. x
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Answers to your questions:

I'm 31 years old (just added this into the original post)

I started out walking. Slowly. Painfully slowly. Currently, I run anywhere from 3-10 miles per day. I've only done 8, 9, and 10 mile runs a handful of times. I'd say my average is more like 4-5 miles a day.

Where do I find the time? My local YMCA offers 2 hours of daily babysitting as part of the family membership. I take FULL advantage of that. I recently had a friend ask me if I feel guilty putting the kids in childcare daily so I can exercise. My answer was not at ALL. And I followed up by saying I'd feel a heck of a lot more guilty if I died of a heart attack at age 40, leaving them motherless.
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look great :) Well done!
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    Before, this was 270-something lbs. The second shot is from today at the gym. 174.8!!

I'm 5'8". I'm 31 years old and Mom of three kids, ages 6, 3, and 1.

Current routine: I run 6-7 days/week, and lift weights 2-3x/week. Eat less crap, drink more water.

Current goal: 145-160lbs, resting at whichever number I feel strong, faster, and healthy. To be determined when I get there. :-)

beforeduring20120605.jpg

EDITED:
    I've gotten like 10 messages asking how I did it or how I got started. Here you go...

Let's see. A year ago this week I had a debilitating spinal cord injury due to a herniated disc. I had emergency surgery and was in a rehab hospital for almost a month because I was paralyzed from the waist down. It's a miracle I regained sensation as much as I have. The neurosurgeon said the best way to prevent this from happening again is to lose weight and strengthen my core. So I took him VERY seriously.

The first day I walked a quarter mile around my neighborhood, with a CANE! I just kept at it, every single day. Walking longer, farther, faster, adding in jogging after a few months, then walking with running, and now full on running.

The key for me has been consistency.

WOW! I am sooooooooooooo jealous! YOu look fabulous!
  • considermac
    Options
    Outstanding job! You look incredible! Thanks for sharing. Inspiring
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats!!!:flowerforyou:
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    Icredible! Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on your progress!
  • sanju7
    sanju7 Posts: 3
    Options
    Awesome!! Love your Spirit..
  • VivaLaDiane
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!!! ♥
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Really amazing work! Well done! :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you - consistency is key! congrats you look fabulous!
  • Skyla08
    Skyla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! I am one month into my journey, so thank you for the visual motivation! Great job!
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go! You have come so far! You give me hope that I can lose my baby belly! :) Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Your an Inspiration! Thank you
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Smokin!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!