June-July-August Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options

Besides this, I lost som eweight, and now have reached 81 kg, which is the upper limit of my "normal weight" range - so I am not overweight any more :-)
    Wow! I am still in such a good mood about it...

That's amazing, congratulations!! Good for you!

14877786.png

"CONGRATS" :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Checking in:
    Goals for This week July 4th:

1) Week 2 of the Ultimate Reset. Follow Week 2 to a T.
    *ok, I ate too much snack yesterday but, it was all from the approved foods list for week 2. I just should have controlled portion sizes a bit more. Still something to work on! And I am still working on getting around that 3pm slump.

2) Track Calories burnt with the Body bugg for 2 entire days
    *Bodybugg has NOT recovered. :( SO much for that $100 birthday present :mad: )

3) New Activity: walking and biking. Walking Daily, Biking at least twice.
    *Completed!!!

4) Tracking food intake a couple days would be okay. Lets go for 2 days tracking
    :blushing: MISSED. Did not track at all in MFP. I did however only eat the foods that were on Week 2 of the meal plan so, in a way that is tracking, just not with the Calories and all.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Week 3 is tomorrow. So my Detox suppliment is finished tomorrow morning. I will miss that suppliment. Week 2 was detox.

Week 3 is restore. So, I will continue to take my Alkanize suppliment (which I would rather not take). If you google Alkanize your body you will find great information on why to Alkanize as well as ways to Alkanize. One of the easiest is to use Lemon Juice. That would be great every afternoon at 3pm. I may incorporate that later on (as I can't today...no lemons at work!).

Restore is about resetting the metabolism to maximum efficiency (the book says). I will be cutting back further on grains (I don't think I had more than 2 servings this week....so I guess that means zero grains and all Fruits and veggies. I may just start logging it into MFP just to see what it is for calories. Also, I get to continue to walk and do Yoga.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Goals for last week July 3rd:

Getting back on track with my diet
    I'm supposed to burn 2829 calories this week. No comment.
    My new activity will be my Valerie Bertinelli video.
    Something not nice, but twice. Hmmmm. I think I'm running out of these right now. Can I reuse cooking? Still hate it...

Well, my diet was good except for Sunday. Sunday was bad.
    I ended up burning (this is hard because it's when my fitbit was almost completely dead, so the calories burned are wildly inaccurate until it completely died, then I used a website to calculate my exercise calories) 3009/2829?? I don't know. (Looking forward to my replacement fitbit!)
    I did do my Valerie video. And I used weights on the first part of the video (where they don't have you use them yet) so that was a first.
    I failed at the cooking one, unless you count the muffins I baked Sunday. And I cooked supper yesterday.

Goals for this week July 10th:

Get through the rest of this week with Rocco recipes, then starting Monday I will become a flexitarian, and I'll start that off with the 5 week meal plan in my one book.
    Since I have changed my calories I will have to burn 2544 calories this week. A LITTLE less difficult.
    My new activity will actually be from another challenge. This week I am to do 3 planks for 20 seconds each and 3 sets of 6 push ups each day.
    I'm gonna steal cooking again as my not nice but twice. I'm sure in the near future I'll have more things because the book I'm getting my 5 week meal plan from wants me to keep trying to eat foods I don't like, cuz apparently after 14 times you can start to like something you didn't previously.

14877786.png
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,316 Member
    Options
    Also checking in!

My goals for last week were:
    -) 2500 kcal burn: done!
    -) and don't use the heat as an excuse for not doing 30DS: well, ahmmm, tht didn't work out so good - I did the 30DS twice, and even combined it once with other exercises, but it still was only twice... have to get better at this.
    -) new exercises: second level of 30DS: yes, but only twice...
    -) not nice but (at least) twice: taking the stairs: done, whenever I thought about it, I think four or five times... could also stand some improvement.

Besides this, nothin greally remarkable happened - weight is once again going u and down by the same amount... but at least now I am already used to it, sometimes it will drop again - I just hope it will be soon ;-)

Goals for the coming week:
    -) 2500 kcal burn
    -) 30DS at least 4 times
    -) new exercises: I'll skip that this week
    -) not nice but (at least) twice: once again taking the stairs - it should become a habit, not something I have to actively think about.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Also checking in!

My goals for last week were:
    -) 2500 kcal burn: done!
    -) and don't use the heat as an excuse for not doing 30DS: well, ahmmm, tht didn't work out so good - I did the 30DS twice, and even combined it once with other exercises, but it still was only twice... have to get better at this.
    -) new exercises: second level of 30DS: yes, but only twice...
    -) not nice but (at least) twice: taking the stairs: done, whenever I thought about it, I think four or five times... could also stand some improvement.

Besides this, nothin greally remarkable happened - weight is once again going u and down by the same amount... but at least now I am already used to it, sometimes it will drop again - I just hope it will be soon ;-)

Goals for the coming week:
    -) 2500 kcal burn
    -) 30DS at least 4 times
    -) new exercises: I'll skip that this week
    -) not nice but (at least) twice: once again taking the stairs - it should become a habit, not something I have to actively think about.

How many stairs do you have? Where I work its only one flight so, its a no brainer to take the stairs.
  • SherryRueter
    Options

Goals for last week July 3rd:

Getting back on track with my diet
    I'm supposed to burn 2829 calories this week. No comment.
    My new activity will be my Valerie Bertinelli video.
    Something not nice, but twice. Hmmmm. I think I'm running out of these right now. Can I reuse cooking? Still hate it...

Well, my diet was good except for Sunday. Sunday was bad.
    I ended up burning (this is hard because it's when my fitbit was almost completely dead, so the calories burned are wildly inaccurate until it completely died, then I used a website to calculate my exercise calories) 3009/2829?? I don't know. (Looking forward to my replacement fitbit!)
    I did do my Valerie video. And I used weights on the first part of the video (where they don't have you use them yet) so that was a first.
    I failed at the cooking one, unless you count the muffins I baked Sunday. And I cooked supper yesterday.

Goals for this week July 10th:

Get through the rest of this week with Rocco recipes, then starting Monday I will become a flexitarian, and I'll start that off with the 5 week meal plan in my one book.
    Since I have changed my calories I will have to burn 2544 calories this week. A LITTLE less difficult.
    My new activity will actually be from another challenge. This week I am to do 3 planks for 20 seconds each and 3 sets of 6 push ups each day.
    I'm gonna steal cooking again as my not nice but twice. I'm sure in the near future I'll have more things because the book I'm getting my 5 week meal plan from wants me to keep trying to eat foods I don't like, cuz apparently after 14 times you can start to like something you didn't previously.

14877786.png

-Flexitarian! Good luck. I hope it goes very well for you. It has for me.
  • Maalea
    Options
    Number of stairs - it depends. My office is on the third floor (forth floor in the US), and I live on the sixth (seventh) - so plenty of stairs... Although at home I am still avoiding them, for now I concentrate on the office...
  • Maalea
    Options
    I posted my check-in yesterday, and the my internet connection went out... grmph.

So, last week didn't go so well, on the weekend I totally lost my motivation, ate way above my calorie allowance, and very unhealthy food, too (McDonalds, icecream - you get the picture...) And of course my weight went up...
    Since Monday I am doing better again, and I will continue to do better this week!

Fitness-wise, I burned my 2500 calories, walking a lot, bit not doing my 30DS sessions - partly because I was lazy, partly because a friend is now visiting for two weeks, and there is just no space to do it.

Goals for this week:
    -) get back on track, eating within the allowance
    -) eat mostly healthy food, with 5 serviong of fruit and/or veggies each day
    -) burn 2500 calories at least, but aiming for 3000
    -) do at least 70 minutes at the elliptical (that's the "not nice" thing - I much prefer walking outside, but it uses different muscles and is way more exhausting)
    -) something new - perhaps I will think of something yet

So, that's from me - but how have you been doing?
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options

-Flexitarian! Good luck. I hope it goes very well for you. It has for me.

Really? You're one too? That's great! And thank you. I've got to get better at cooking more of my meals for the week though. But I am very excited about eating a lot less meat.

14877786.png
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    I posted my check-in yesterday, and the my internet connection went out... grmph.

So, last week didn't go so well, on the weekend I totally lost my motivation, ate way above my calorie allowance, and very unhealthy food, too (McDonalds, icecream - you get the picture...) And of course my weight went up...
    Since Monday I am doing better again, and I will continue to do better this week!

Fitness-wise, I burned my 2500 calories, walking a lot, bit not doing my 30DS sessions - partly because I was lazy, partly because a friend is now visiting for two weeks, and there is just no space to do it.

Goals for this week:
    -) get back on track, eating within the allowance
    -) eat mostly healthy food, with 5 serviong of fruit and/or veggies each day
    -) burn 2500 calories at least, but aiming for 3000
    -) do at least 70 minutes at the elliptical (that's the "not nice" thing - I much prefer walking outside, but it uses different muscles and is way more exhausting)
    -) something new - perhaps I will think of something yet

So, that's from me - but how have you been doing?

I go over my calories with "bad" food way too much on the weekends. I need to be more like you and it just being a thing that rarely happens. Looks like you're doing a great job!!

14877786.png
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Uh oh. I guess I missed last week when I took the day off cuz I was feeling sick. Oops! Can I still do this week?

14877786.png
  • Maalea
    Options
    I thought this thread was dead, so I didn't post anymore...
    But I'm glad I am wrong!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Hi all. Just really super busy (and its so nice outside!) The Threads die down when it is nice out.

So, I am just finishing the final phases of the Ultimate reset. So since Sunday I have tried the following foods:
    -Greek Yogurt (2-3oz containers) - Eggs (had 2x) - Chicken (2oz about) and -Ground Lean Turkey(3oz) with no issues to report. So, good, I didn't think I had any allergies and I don't!

I am doing very well on this plan, currently attempting to eat meat only 3-4 days a week (I haven't totally decided); Most of my meals are all vegitarian. Breakfast normally is a vegan shake and fruit. ALthough I don't know that I will continue to spend the $ for a Vegan only shake and will probably move over to Whey protien (which would be Flexitarian). I plan on all of my lunches to be Vegitarian - meaning no Sugars, meats, cheese, dairy. And then Dinner will be hit and miss on meat or no meat. I am still working that part of it out. Side note, I haven't had sugar since June 26th and, I don't miss it. I am PROUD that I am SUgar (including splenda and artificial crap) FREE.

What I have gained from the program Beachbody Utlimate Reset is that I am more aware what I am 1) putting in my body and 2) how much of it to put in and 3) when to put it in. I also drink only water and a lot of it. It has made me loose about 5lbs since transitioning over to this meal plan, and I didn't need to lose any! Many people who go Vegetarian on this plan (u.Reset) loose about 15# in the 21 days. Its amazing - I think it jumpstarts the nutrition so that you are eating clean.

Goals for this week....Still to come.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Can I still be a part of this group even though I haven't participated since being sick?

14877786.png