MFP Celebrity

Options
To each is its own but I don’t delete people. Who am I to require my MFP’s to inform me of there where about. The problem is that these people may want to come back but my feel prideful or shameful for giving up. Now one day they decide to stop hiding and face their fears and come back. But only to find out that the people that they once looked up had decided to leave them behind. Every reason they had given themselves not come back their MFP proves the right. A pal is someone who motivates not only when one is doing well but being there through bad. Who’s to say that there not still working out?

One thing that I noticed about the site is all these people wanting to be some kind of MFP Celebrity. Remember when you first started your journey, it wasn’t easy and you didn’t get there over night. You even quit a couple time and started back up again. But now that you have reached your goal you have placed yourself on a higher pedestal and forgotten where you came from. I have even seen people delete people for not being social but was actively working out. These are some sad people. I guest this is their way of making them feel like somebody.

If you looking at my pics and status help you to keep things going then status watch. A lot you weren’t sociable people until you became comfortable with the new skin your in. Who are you to judge?

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Sounds like to me you are judging people....IJS
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Not following exactly. If you are talking about friending, I generally accept only friends I believe I can actually support. I also try to limit the friend thing to 20ish. Not because of celebrity status, but because I have grown to care about the people on my friend list and want to give those who are working on their accomplishments on a regular basis (not necessarily day in and day out, but who reply when I email) some of my limited time. If someone who was a friend prior requests that I refriend them, I imagine I would. I'm not kicking them to the curb, I simply choose to devote my time to those who are more committed.

And friendship, in life and online, is funny. I expect communication. I have very few friends in life, I choose to stick with those who stick with me, as it were.

Bully for you that you have the time to devote to those who are not persistent.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    To each is its own but I don’t delete people. Who am I to require my MFP’s to inform me of there where about. The problem is that these people may want to come back but my feel prideful or shameful for giving up. Now one day they decide to stop hiding and face their fears and come back. But only to find out that the people that they once looked up had decided to leave them behind. Every reason they had given themselves not come back their MFP proves the right. A pal is someone who motivates not only when one is doing well but being there through bad. Who’s to say that there not still working out?

One thing that I noticed about the site is all these people wanting to be some kind of MFP Celebrity. Remember when you first started your journey, it wasn’t easy and you didn’t get there over night. You even quit a couple time and started back up again. But now that you have reached your goal you have placed yourself on a higher pedestal and forgotten where you came from. I have even seen people delete people for not being social but was actively working out. These are some sad people. I guest this is their way of making them feel like somebody.

If you looking at my pics and status help you to keep things going then status watch. A lot you weren’t sociable people until you became comfortable with the new skin your in. Who are you to judge?

wha?

disbelief.gif?w=500
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

wha?

disbelief.gif?w=500

LOL!!
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    You asked, "who are you to judge?" But it seems like you are being very judgmental! It's almost as.if this is a personal attack at someone!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    31e871cd_Go_On.jpeg
  • geminigrl622
    geminigrl622 Posts: 144
    Options
    It's a matter of opinion. I think people take being deleted too serious. If they don't want to be friends with me or I'm not as active or social as they feel I should be...please delete me. Afterall, I really don't know you anyway. IJS
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    If I don't put myself on a pedestal, no one will. I push for myself, to better myself. It doesn't matter to you or to Jehoshaphat or anyone else what I do with my friends list.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Uh...

...in for eventual explanation.

(Nah, just kidding, I really don't need more explanation...I'm just in for the inevitable drama this is going to cause...and I loves me some MFP forum drama.)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've PM'd you my login and password. Now can you just manage my whole account for me. Don't forget: it's 3 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and a slice of dave's killer bread for breakfast. And weight lifting 4x/week. And now and then you got to post a nonsensical status update, usually with some cussing in it.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Who are YOU to judge how someone wants to handle their MFP account??? Maybe they don't want 14345094 friends on here and have to limit things somehow. Maybe they only want serious users who are active because that motivates them to be active as well. Maybe inactive people give them reasons to find excuses to be inactive, so those people get deleted so they aren't pulled down.

When it comes down to it, your MFP account is for YOU. Not anyone else. YOU. How you choose to have it is your prerogative. Get over it.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

TL;DR. What are you babbling about?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    2n666jc.jpg

Seriously... needing the people around you to be as motivated as you are has nothing to do with wanting celebrity status. Get in where you fit in and if you got deleted because you were slacking off then you have no one to blame but yourself!

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Here we go again. ****sigh** I'm outta here! Lol
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Let's all get drunk and read it again! Maybe then it will make sense.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of deleting people, they they aren't around. They take up space on the page and if I could put them on the second page I would. Even deleted my daughter, she was on to help with her grocery list while doing p90x, so when she wasn't using the site I deleted her. I have a couple real life friend that I deleted was well and told them I did and they knew they could always look me up again when they got serious. I dont feel like you have to be friends with anyone for life.
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Well, I understand your viewpoint. I have a different perspective on this "delete mania" that people go through on this site. THIS IS MY OPINION....does it take that long to ask an inactive friend on your profile how they are doing? It may make the difference between them quitting and trying again. Each person has the right to delete or not delete friends, but aren't we here to support each other? This is just my 2cents....you don't have to agree with me.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

wha?

disbelief.gif?w=500

.......right?! I don't understand this. Why is it such a big deal to have MFP friends or to care whether or not they are active? I didn't realize it was such a big deal to be on, or be friends on MFP. So I certainly don't understand why deleting or not being "social" enough is an issue that someone will actually worry about or write about.....
    Seriously. I have maybe 7 MFP friends. One is my husband. The others- they are there for tips and to help us motivate each other. Is it my business if they are active all the time or slack off sometimes? Nope. Would I care if they felt the need to delete me? Nope. Get. Over. It, Lady.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I need to poo. May I please have permission to use the washroom?
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Oh, look, Judgy McJudgerson decided to join us along for the ride.