MFP Celebrity

Options

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    To each is its own but I don’t delete people. Who am I to require my MFP’s to inform me of there where about. The problem is that these people may want to come back but my feel prideful or shameful for giving up. Now one day they decide to stop hiding and face their fears and come back. But only to find out that the people that they once looked up had decided to leave them behind. Every reason they had given themselves not come back their MFP proves the right. A pal is someone who motivates not only when one is doing well but being there through bad. Who’s to say that there not still working out?

One thing that I noticed about the site is all these people wanting to be some kind of MFP Celebrity. Remember when you first started your journey, it wasn’t easy and you didn’t get there over night. You even quit a couple time and started back up again. But now that you have reached your goal you have placed yourself on a higher pedestal and forgotten where you came from. I have even seen people delete people for not being social but was actively working out. These are some sad people. I guest this is their way of making them feel like somebody.

If you looking at my pics and status help you to keep things going then status watch. A lot you weren’t sociable people until you became comfortable with the new skin your in. Who are you to judge?

wha?

disbelief.gif?w=500

^^ That. Even my ADD can't make sense of that. Hey look! Squirrel....:drinker:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, OP. Think of this as a course. If someone won't study, do homework, and drops the class after 3 weeks, the rest of the class will move on without that student.

Now, say that student is your friend. Your friend really wants an A, but won't do the work. Complains about getting bad grades, while you're busting your hump. How much time and energy do you devote to supporting this friend?

I have and will cut REAL LIFE friends and relatives who do not log on. I will encourage them as long as they are willing to show up. That's all. Just log in and SHOW UP. I will help/encourage/whatever. I don't need to see your diary. I don't need your jokes on the forums. I will still be your friend in every other aspect of life.

But if you drop out of class, I will still graduate on time without you.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, OP. Think of this as a course. If someone won't study, do homework, and drops the class after 3 weeks, the rest of the class will move on without that student.

Now, say that student is your friend. Your friend really wants an A, but won't do the work. Complains about getting bad grades, while you're busting your hump. How much time and energy do you devote to supporting this friend?

I have and will cut REAL LIFE friends and relatives who do not log on. I will encourage them as long as they are willing to show up. That's all. Just log in and SHOW UP. I will help/encourage/whatever. I don't need to see your diary. I don't need your jokes on the forums. I will still be your friend in every other aspect of life.

But if you drop out of class, I will still graduate on time without you.

what a fantastic analogy. I love it. :)
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Let's all get drunk and read it again! Maybe then it will make sense.

Agreed! It was like ebonics. I had to read the sentences over and over again, and at an unnatural pace to even begin to understand. I am STILL not sure I understand what the heck she's talking about!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of opinion. I think people take being deleted too serious. If they don't want to be friends with me or I'm not as active or social as they feel I should be...please delete me. Afterall, I really don't know you anyway. IJS

Agree. It's the interwebz... get over it. lol
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    shots fired!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    I'm a Dad, I have to judge all of the time. Add me if you want me to judge you!! They're free!!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    abandonthreadp1.gif
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If you stop using the site and still expect support you're out of your damn mind. Take some personal responsibility for once.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    But... I AM a celebrity...
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I will delete a "friend" if they choose to stop logging for over a week.

I will delete a "friend" if I dont agree with how they choose to diet....only eating 200 calories a day.....peace out!

I will delete a "friend" when they become only an annoyance

*yawn* Thanks for letting me clear that up.....
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have only deleted on person so far and that was because the person was trying to get down to 80 pounds and almost all her MFP friends were pro anorexia. I am not going to support that kinda lifestyle.

As for people who act like there are on a pedestal or what not, I have seen a few people that are very conceited and think they are all that. But not very many.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Okay, just a quick peek - it looks like Brett, Amber, Elle, and I have all made an appearance. We're MFP celebrities.

We should start a parade and do the Miss America wave to all of the easily offended people who want support but don't want to put for the effort to actually contribute something valuable.
  • jfa002
    jfa002 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    31e871cd_Go_On.jpeg

pppffff HAHAHAHA LMAO!!!:laugh:

No but seriously.....Go on.....:huh:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you wrote this post in an attempt to blend in with the rabble and not to tout your opinion like the MFP "celebrities", right?

Of course, because otherwise it would be hypocritical, wouldn't it?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I see your point, OP. With the Mitt Romneys and Michell Obamas on MFP casting their politcal views and favorite household recipes, it can be a challenge really identifying the roots of the 23 flavors in Dr. Pepper. Throw in the craziness of Myfitnesspal.com and the NFL, and you have one awesome MFP Celebrity.

When you eat celery as a snack, people tend to gravitate towards you and send friend requests. You have the option to accept or deny them. It's akin to having to choose from tracking calories consumed from eating an apple, or hunting a liger. Please, feel free to send me a friend request if your heart desires, or if you feel the need to eat an apple or hunt a liger.

Also, I forgot to mention when you eat ranch dip with Ruffles, you start thinking like the Leaning Tower of Piza and stop considering things like why magic markers are so magical.

Just some food for thought.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ok I guess I took offense since I delete, delete, delete. If I'm giving 100% in our "friendship" and you taking 100 yet giving 0, how are you helping me??? I thought MFP is a supposed to be a support system for those of us who are trying to lose weight/lead a healthier lifestyle. I sarted Jan 2011.....500+ days of logging under my belt. Yes I've gotten off track plenty of times but you know what I'm still here EVERY DAY to congratulate others on their success. There are several people who I will always be on my friend's list regardless of if they log in once a day, week, month, or quarter. And it's because they said Wtg; nice job, you go girl when I needed it. So if that makes me a celebrity then guess I'll wear it with pride!!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    abandonthreadp1.gif

Lmao!!! I thought we were gonna acknowledge MFP celebrities and use vulgar humor. But just another rant *sigh* Guess I'll just try to go piss off the mods elsewhere. These rants are really getting annoying :yawn:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    *waves and signs boobs* Uhm...... I don't know who you are........ that kinda narrows down your celebrity status..........
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    you+fail+sir.+as+that+made+no+sense.+I+would+_e47b7ac9dc5c42abbcf195ec241511e3.jpg