August !!! Lets get some new members and get it going again!

Options

Replies

• jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    *limps on in* ughhhhhhhhhhhh my bum hurts and my abs are telling me that I have definetly ignored them!!! Serves me right I guess!!! *throws a pillow on her comp chair* ughhhhhh my poor hiney!! I have been an extreeeeeeeeeemly good girl today! Isn't amazing how much more energy and better spirits you are in when you excersise??? It does for me anyways! Makes me wonder why I get "rebelious" and lazy.....but anywho....

I did 30 minutes of cardio max and was dying at the end.....it is sooooo not cool with me!! I used to do the whole darn thing!!! I was going to do a bit of yoga but my lil boy wanted to watch his movie so bad so I thought to meself...hey I will just pop mine into the computeer....yeah right it kicked back and said something about not cooperating and other computer mumbo jumbo...after i messed with drivers and stuff it was like 15 minutes later and I pooped out. BUt I do know that I got an awesome workout even though it was only 30 minutes.....my bum is telling that it was more like an hour :wink: My lil fam and I are going to walk into town so that will burn afew extra cals too!!

gotta run!!! (well mabye limp a little...pooooooooor heiny......:sad: :bigsmile: )

jenny
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Like Jessangel, I am also not able to post anything, just can view others postings. Can someone help? Thanks!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    So today I did week 4 day 1 of c25k. It was rough! I couldn't finish the 5 minutes, but I added on an extra 2 minutes at the end to make up for cutting the intervals short. I'll keep working at it though!

I haven't tried to add my name on the spreadsheet yet... I have however signed up for the google thingie.

All that talk of taco bell is making me hungry! I can make tacos at home though, with the same consistency and close taste to taco bell... And a lot less sodium and fat! But not quite as easy as going to the drive thru :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last night we went out to dinner, to the new Irish place in town. I had bangers and champ (sausage and mashed potatoes). Oh my gosh--they have the best mashed potatoes I've ever had! The bangers just tasted like brats, but the potatoes were to die for. And it was relatively inexpensive... Five of us ate for 67 bucks, and that included a couple glasses of wine and sodas all around. We took my parents out for a belated Mother's and Father's day dinner. Pretty soon, we've got to take DH's parents out for their belated dinner lol.
  • misspamyla
    misspamyla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Just what I was looking for......

I was hoping to find a group that I could belong to. Hope that's ok to start now.

I've been on MFP for a while now, but only recently came back to it. My sister and I are trying to lose together. She's lost quite a bit more than I have, but I'm determined to keep going. Today is Day 2 of the Raw Food Diet for me. I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot. Counting all the raw fruits and veggies is tricky though, but I'm staying pretty close to the calories alotted to me.

My real goal is to start running again. It's just the hurdle of 'getting out there'. I really love to run, but I know the hardest part is just starting. After that I really love how it feels, how it makes me feel, what it does to shape my legs, butt and abs. I have a 5km route mapped out from my house. I think tomorrow I'm going to walk it. At least that gets me on the path.

I have a LOT of weight to lose. I've always been the token 'funny fat chic' of the family, but things are changing. Now I'd like to be the 'funky hot chic who could probably take you in my size 14's!!' I'll let you know when that day happens......

Until then........thanks for the invitation to join. I'd love to get on the spreadsheet....whatever that is.....and hang with you all.

Take care,
    Miss Pamyla
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    welcome welcom miss pam!!! Crystal will get the info for ya!!! It can be so hard to start up again after "drifting by the wayside" but you soooooooooo will be able to kick butt in your 14's!!! That was my goal when I first started and I though that I would be just perfectly fine with that but now I want to finish up this thing and get into size 10's, and maybe breath while I am wearing them!!!! then again air is overrated right??? hahahaha. Just go out and walk that path out tomorrow it will be a good start!!!

well I had a great day and had a little walk as well tonight so I am pleased. BUt my heiny is still getting kinda sore....that and my abs....poor misused and neglected abs are telling me a thing or two tonight hahahah oh well. time for my bedtime!!!

will post in the morning!!!!

jenny

hugs to ya all!!!
  • misspamyla
    misspamyla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jenny....

I am so frigging proud of myself tonight!! lol...........

I bypassed pizza and wings I bought for my boys for supper tonight. I didn't want to pat myself on the back until I'd made it through the whole evening. Now it's all gone....the boys are satisfied and I'm feeling great about my fish for supper. I snacked on cherries and had some nuts as a treat for myself.

I have been totally addicted to wings. Pizza I could live without, but wings.......that's a toughie! But I made it........at least just for today. I'll deal with tomorrow then......but for now I can go to bed totally guilt free! I love that!

Have a good one everyone!

Miss P.:smile:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Thanks Jenny....

I am so frigging proud of myself tonight!! lol...........

I bypassed pizza and wings I bought for my boys for supper tonight. I didn't want to pat myself on the back until I'd made it through the whole evening. Now it's all gone....the boys are satisfied and I'm feeling great about my fish for supper. I snacked on cherries and had some nuts as a treat for myself.

I have been totally addicted to wings. Pizza I could live without, but wings.......that's a toughie! But I made it........at least just for today. I'll deal with tomorrow then......but for now I can go to bed totally guilt free! I love that!

Have a good one everyone!

Miss P.:smile:

We make our own wings at home... Well, actually drumsticks, the kids like them better than wings lol... I've done it with skinless chicken before, and is an ok substitute. Anyways, you take the chicken and use bbq shake and bake on each piece. Lay them on a foil lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with tobasco sauce. You can use as little or as much as you like, but a few drops per piece gives them some tingle. Bake until done, and enjoy with lots of paper towels handy. Super yum yummity!
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    morning girls! good job for you pam!!! you are awesom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a recipe my hubby would love......anything with tabasco on it!!!!

well saul and I are going to go for a walk and watch papa do the dragon boat races. It is just a long glorified canoe with like 16 people paddling to a drum....hope they don't fall into the drink hahaha

anyways a little sore from kicking my own butt with the cardio but hey no pain no LOSE who ever coined the phrase no pain no gain was all mixed up hahah I don't NOT want to gain hahah.

anyways girls hope you all have great day and keep up the good work!.

jenny
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Today I went to the Y while my waiting for my oldest to get done with drivers ed. Managed to fit in a half an hour on the rowing machine and 15 minutes on the elliptical. I really wanted to focus on my upper body more, since I've been doing c25k mostly lately. Might take the mutt for a walk later, depending on the weather....
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Today was spent walking around the Co. fair....just browsing by myself..... While my daughter ran around with friends....She's to old to hang out with mom anymore, she thinks. lol, so my piggies are acking now. But it made for a fun walk ,and the nice thing about living in a small community, you are always running into people you know anyway. I even bypassed all that evil fair food... but finally gave into a chocolate Ice Cream cone,,,,,,IC is my biggest weakness....It's hard to say no to it.... today is my 24th Annaversey and Hubby is out of state...So I was sort of feeling down...:frown: IC alway helps when you are down.......

I hope eveyone ales is having a great weekend????

Jenny hows your heiny,:bigsmile: just think of the muscles your toning...I need to work harder on mine.

Pam give me the pizza over hot wings anytime, thats one think I can fix for my kids and not worry about me snacking on....No tabascco for me eather.....I can feel the heart burn just thinking about it......lol.

hope you all have a great day tomorrow. and keep moving....:happy:
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    morning all!
    My hubby has absolutly no sympathy for my pooooooor poooooorr gluteus maximus muscle ache! and when I say maximus I mean MAXIMUS!!! hahaa:bigsmile: He said that it just shows me what happens when I give up......darn man why does he have to be right....grrr......:wink::laugh: :laugh: Anyways my heiny is feeling a bit less sore and my body is not so stiff this mornign! I think though that a big long walk is what my excersise is going to be today though! I think that it sounds a little safer:bigsmile: TOmorrow I have to go to the cities so I hope that I will be able to get something done when I get home!

YEsterday was my freeday ( my body said no way to any other idea I had) BUt I still went for a walk and cleaned a lot. So I feel I didn't just loaf around!

But eating wasn't so clean. NOt the worst but definetly not good either!!!! Will do bertter today though!!!

Connie one treat of icecream isnt terrible! Especially with all that walking around! Good job on ignoring the other evil food stalls!!!

Good job on sqeezing in the Y! That is called being prepared! SO much better than just sitting and waiting!!! Good job!!!!

Sandyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Crystalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Amandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa where are you?????!!!! COme back to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! hmmmmm I know that I don't smell becuase I just got out of the shower.....hmmmm *squirts airfreshner just in case*......:laugh: :laugh: I miss ya girls! HOw has your week been????

alright well I have to get ready for church soooo toodles for now!

GIrls we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day at a time and one step in front of the other! Little by little we will all become what we want to be!!!!

loves to all
    jenny
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    ok... I think I have officially killed myself. I just tried running week 4 day 2 of c25k. It's a lot later in the day than I normally run it, but it's overcast so I didn't think it would be so bad... And only 70 out. But the humidity is awful, 85%! And the deer flies loved me, especially once I got my sweat on. I was swatting and swearing, and couldn't even make it past 3 minutes. And that was only once. Finally I gave up on trying to make the minutes, and I switched my zune to shuffle. I'd run as far as I could, then I'd finish out the song walking, then try again. But it stunk. I did make it around a few minutes faster than normal (how the heck did that happen?:noway: ) so I guess I did better than I was thinking I was while doing it. I think I am going to take tomorrow off completely. Yesterday at the Y, my legs felt really weak on the elliptical, and obviously today, I was feeling weak and wimpy, so it must be time to take a day or two.

Glad your tushie is feeling better Jenny!

I love ice cream too. A BIG weakness! I have learned this summer that I do not need a root beer cooler every day to survive. I think I've only gone to the ice cream store once or twice this summer. Well, have gone more than that with the kids, but I've only gotten ice cream for myself once or twice. I now keep a jug of Edy's no sugar added slow churn in the freezer, and have learned to measure out a cup at a time, instead of a big heaping bowl. And I love sliced peaches over the top, so it makes it almost healthy:laugh:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Sorry that I havent been around much... My stepkids left for the airport friday then I have had to work thirds so I havent been around much. Tonight is my last third then I am back in action!!! I am tired and realized that I dont like working third shift at all!!!!
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    ok is it just me or does crystals hubby remind you of dennis quade the actor??? hahahaha anyways :bigsmile: we had a great day! My heiny heiny is much better and my hubby as we were driving back from church said lets have a picnic at the state park for supper and go for a hike. So I packed a nice light supper ( chicken pasta salad, watermelon super yummy, chips for hubby and my saul and homemade tollhouse cookies) we hiked 2 and half miles. I was just a sweatin! :smile: TOdd was so funny he was like are you sure you can push the wheelchair? He couldn't do it for more than like a minute!!! SO mommy took over and burnt up the calories! It is amazing where I can get that wheelchair to go!!!! Hubby was so surprised that I could get into the places! I say bring it on, my boy is going to enjoy the view as much as a boy who can move around with his legs!!! THere were a few hairy spots but then we just sang the bumpity bumpity song which smoothes it over for little boy!!!:bigsmile: he is sooooo funny! THe only "disaster" was that the stupid deer fly that followed us. We too were cursed with the flies too MIss bunny!! Dratted thing wouldnt get the hint that we SOOOO didn't want his company....finally landed in my hair and I killed him.....ewwwwwww:sick: so catastrophe was avoided for the rest of the night!!! Does anybody elses boys go just NUTTY about flies....SAUL HATES them....throws the biggest fit!!! Oh well I guess I gotta get going! Glad that You dropped by crystal!! HUGSSSSSSSSSS missed ya!

COme on girls lets do this thing!!!!!!!!

jenny
  • constancemwj
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! Fresh peaches on Ice cream,,, or maybe berries...thats the best... :tongue: but I don't have any in the house right now..
    I should be asleep but I just had to get on and log in for the night...I just got back from spending the day with some friends.....not really doing much...I think you had a better day jenny... I love hiking, but life had been to busy this summer to do much of it....We've only been acouple times. maybe tomorrow I'll go for a nice jog... its been awhile.. and I only have one more week left before school starts here and i have to go back to work...Summers just go too fast.:sad:

Keep moving everyone....
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sounds like most of you had good weekends! I slacked off, but I weighed in this morning at minus 2 lbs!!!! Horraaaaayyyy
    I say bring it on, my boy is going to enjoy the view as much as a boy who can move around with his legs!!! THere were a few hairy spots but then we just sang the bumpity bumpity song which smoothes it over for little boy!!!:bigsmile: he is sooooo funny!

I didn't know your son was in a wheelchair. How old is he? I'm glad you have a positive outlook on that.

I was planning on doing a run today after slacking the last 5 days :blushing: BUT it's supposed to rain all day :cry: Looks like a stair workout today.

I am leaving for work training on Wed. so I will be staying in a hotel for 2 weeks! I will miss my 4 month old terribly!!!!!!! I will be swimming and running like a fool in the hotel's fitness room and pool though.
  • sindyg
    sindyg Posts: 12
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I've been slacking off too! I havent worked out since thursday. :cry: AND i ate really bad this weekend! But on the plus side I'm down to 135! 5 more lbs till my first goal! The next few weeks are going to be intense! Im glad everyone had a good weekend! :heart:

31531.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the mini goal! :drinker:
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    :bigsmile: gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddd morning myfitness pal ladies!!!

busy day today! We take saul to the cities (minneapolis) for doctor at shriners. He has to have his leg braces refitted becuase he has grown SOOOOO much!!! It is amazing what one summer can do for a boys growth!!!! Anyways I am going to be a good lil girl and pack our own lunch so I will be in control!!! GOin to leave out the tollhouse cookies though....they seemed to have turned into a weakness...well at least last night! *shakes head* oh well. They aren 't the worst thing in the world! I am hoping that I will be able to go for a big walk when I get home ---- I will need it after 5 hours of driving!!! ughhhhh wish me luck going through all the trafic and detours.....I will say that I am not my best behind the wheel and with directions....:laugh: :laugh: I think that I have just lived in a small town for tooooo long! :bigsmile:

anyways GREAT JOB on the losses girls!!!! I haven't been able to weigh myselfa because I cannot find where I packed my scale when we moved!!! Maybe thats a good thing.....we will see though!!! ok well girly girlsssssssssssssssss will check in tonight!

Lets keep our motivation going and our spirits UP today!!!! Just get moving.....even if it is just a short lil walk!!!!!!!!! ENJOY it and the feeling of acomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loves and hugs to all:smooched: :smooched:

jenny

ohhh and my little boy it 7 years old!!! CAN'T believe he is that old!! I don't know how you are going to make it for 2 weeks!!!! ughhhh I would go crazy after the first day!!! But I guess that makes us good mommy's!!!

alright buh bye NOW :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    All right I really need to get my own internet, but its not going to happen for a long time :sad: I have better things to save my money for LOL

Sorry I wasn't around this weekend, I had to work at my new job this weekend and yesterday I literally worked 3 jobs!! It was crazy.

I still haven't officially worked out at all this month which is awful, but I'm doing good about staying under my calories most of the time. I've had maybe 2 or 3 days I've gone over this month so far, including today, but at least I'm doing that.

The brown bear is still wandering around my house and since I don't have any room to do work out dvd's I will have to figure something out for a workout at least 3 times a week. Cause I really want to workout. I just don't want to be eaten by a bear LMAO

Well I hope everyone's day is going well.