Share your omelette!

Options
Rayman79
Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
So I realised there are a lt of us out there who regularly eat omelettes (either whole egg or white). I thought it could be a good idea for us all to share our favourite fillings or secret tips for deliciousness. You don't have to give us your whole recipe and making instructions - just your fav fillings, and a pic if you'd like to share.

Mine I made this morning which was awesome, sauteed red onion and diced tomato (seeds removed) with a bit of grated cheese and fresh basil leaf. Good stuff!

Replies

• small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds really good - I don't eat a lot of omelets, but when I do it's generally just the standard ham, cheese, capsicum and maybe a bit of pineapple.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mushrooms with some avocado on the side!
  • Happy_Healthy_Babe
    Options
    spinach, red capsicum, onion, and peper :-)
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Mine is fairly unoriginal :P I tend to make mine with egg whites, onion, mushroom, tomato and garlic.

I would put ham in it if I wasn't so paranoid about the cals >.<
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love mine with jalapeno and mushroom. And lots of black pepper lol. Mmmmm
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just about to make mine now - 2 whole egg, 2 whites, spinach and cottage cheese. Yummo!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I make a Chinese omelette from a cookbook I have - it's egg, egg whites, sauteed mushroom, bean sprouts, shallots, peas with some chicken stock seasoning. Very tasty.
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump - off to work, need to look at this later (thanks guys!)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I make a Chinese omelette from a cookbook I have - it's egg, egg whites, sauteed mushroom, bean sprouts, shallots, peas with some chicken stock seasoning. Very tasty.

ooh, that sounds good Nic, might have to give that a try. Recipe would be great if you have time to post it up!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    egg whites, jalapenos, thinly sliced turkey breast, sprinkle of grated cheese and a dash of tabasco!
  • Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One whole egg and 2 extra whites, spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red pepper, mange touts and chick peas. Keeps me going all the way to dinner :)
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    [img]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/k2charmed4u/Recipes Album/Omelette.jpg[/img]

The above is a 1/2 portion of a:
    4 egg omelette
    grated cathedral city cheese
    chopped cherry tomatoes
    sliced chestnut mushrooms
    seasoned with lemon and garlic herbs
    and fresh basil
    with a little side salad.

I also like to make
    4 egg omelette
    cherry tomatoes
    courgettes
    mushrooms
    fresh chopped sage
    fresh chopped garlic (clove)

Yummy! :love:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Can do Ray...

Chinese Omelette

Serves 2

3 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    1 tsp salt reduced chicken style stock powder
    cooking spray
    1/4 cup shallots (I usually use red onion or what ever I have at the time)
    1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
    1/4 cup frozen peas
    1 1/2 cups bean shoots

There is a sauce that goes with this but I found it bland & unnecessary

Directions:
    Using a whisk, beat egg whites, whole eggs and stock powder together in a bowl. In a medium size non stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray, saute shallots, mushrooms, peas and bean shoots for 2 minutes. Spread vegetables out evenly in the pan, pour egg mix over the top. Cook until egg mixture has browned on bottom (it should be still runny on top), don't have the heat too hot or it will burn bottom of omelette. Place frypan under a heated griller until omelette is cooked on top. Cut in half & carefully lift omelette onto plates. :smile:

It's 143 cals per serve
    5.4g fat
    1.6g sat fat
    4g fibre
    16.3g protein
    7.4g carbs
    2.9g sugar
    400mg sodium
  • pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach, thinly sliced onions, feta cheese, mushrooms and a dollop of home made hummus on the side. And I use whole eggs :) Yummmm

Another option with leftover mexican: Cheese, salsa, spicy mince and refried beans. Oh so good....
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Can do Ray...

Chinese Omelette

Serves 2

3 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    1 tsp salt reduced chicken style stock powder
    cooking spray
    1/4 cup shallots (I usually use red onion or what ever I have at the time)
    1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
    1/4 cup frozen peas
    1 1/2 cups bean shoots

There is a sauce that goes with this but I found it bland & unnecessary

Directions:
    Using a whisk, beat egg whites, whole eggs and stock powder together in a bowl. In a medium size non stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray, saute shallots, mushrooms, peas and bean shoots for 2 minutes. Spread vegetables out evenly in the pan, pour egg mix over the top. Cook until egg mixture has browned on bottom (it should be still runny on top), don't have the heat too hot or it will burn bottom of omelette. Place frypan under a heated griller until omelette is cooked on top. Cut in half & carefully lift omelette onto plates. :smile:

It's 143 cals per serve
    5.4g fat
    1.6g sat fat
    4g fibre
    16.3g protein
    7.4g carbs
    2.9g sugar
    400mg sodium

Bumping this to make later for dinner :)
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda boring.

White cheddar cheese.
    Green onions. (I like a little crunch from them, so I allow them to 'cook' with the omlette).
    And tomato bits.

Top off with a bit of teaxas pete and we're in business.
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Options
    I love filling my omlette with sauteed onions, spinach and mushrooms.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I eat mine ( 1 whole egg, 2-3 eggwhites) with fried green asparagus and grated Parmesan cheese.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    cooked in coconut oil: 2-3 whole eggs, pepperjack or cheddar cheese, topped with avocado or 100 cal pack guac and salsa

or, green pepper, mushrooms and onions, sometimes with no nitrate ham
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My favorite is made with whole eggs, splash of milk, a little onion and garlic, 1/4 c parmesan, as much baby spinach as will "fit" and a pinch of nutmeg.