Share your omelette!

Options

Replies

• LauraLouIsReady
    Options
    1 large egg
    2 large egg whites
    A smidge of water (helps make it fluffy w/o calories)
    1 or 2 oz of colby or colby jack cheese
    1 large mushroom
    1 pepper (depending if I have any)
    2 oz. of chicken lunch meat

I eat this most often. Loaded with protein. There are some great ideas on here though!!
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Egg whites (maybe a whole egg. I despise yolk. I'm trying to get myself to eat them occasionally)
    Spinach
    1 Mini babybel
    1 slice of turkey bacon

I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty boring when it comes to omelettes.
  • ZoeMJ
    ZoeMJ Posts: 10
    Options
    4 slices of pepperoni and a little cheddar.
  • nikki_1979
    nikki_1979 Posts: 57
    Options
    thanks for all the yummy ideas! I'm the most boring person alive... 2 eggs; 1/8 cup colby jack cheese; microwave omelette maker!
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For me, there's nothing like the *healthier* version of the old school Portuguese omelette my mom makes:

2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    splash of water
    3 thin slices of chourico
    1/4 cup diced onion (green or white, we're not picky)
    salt
    pepper

My favourite of all time.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Having made omelets for a living for years, I'm a purist at heart. It's usually about 2 oz of meat, whatever is on hand, two eggs, whole (I actually run very low on cholesterol, and doctors have warned me to increase it), and a single slice of pepperjack cheese cut on the diagonal. Throw eggs in the pan, move them around until the bottom is solid, add meat, flip the omelet, add cheese, close the omelet onto the plate, add some salsa for taste.
  • emtrem
    emtrem Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like to put the ready cooked bacon from M & S, cheese (sometimes laughing cow, sometimes mozzarella), baby spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes. xx
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes! gotta try all these recipies...except the PB&J...almost gagged on that one....

My favorite is onion, baby spinach, yellow pepper, ham and cheddar, with a spoonful of either salsa, or marinara sauce...yummers!
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    I like lots of veggies. I sautee onions, red pepper, sliced zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes and fresh garlic. I use two eggs and about 1/3 cup of cheese. Mmmm. One of my favorite, and most easy dinners.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sourberry
    sourberry Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned broccoli and cheese! So delish! The Laughing Cow makes it creamy... Yum! I also do the same with sliced mushrooms instead of broccoli. And the dill brings it over the top.

1/2 c. egg whites
    1/2 c. frozen broccoli
    1 tbsp red or green onion, minced
    1 wedge light Laughing Cow
    Dill, salt and pepper to taste

I cook the egg whites in a teensy bit of butter. Meanwhile I nuke the broccoli, onions and Laughing Cow for a minute so the broccoli is thawed and the Laughing Cow melted. Add seasonings and stir. Top cooked egg whites, fold and serve.

Another fave, "Mexican":

1/2 c. egg whites
    1/2 bell pepper (any colour but I prefer red, orange or yellow)
    1/2 onion (red or white)
    1/4 c. salsa verde or 1/2 avocado (optional) mashed with lime juice and cilantro

I cook the egg whites in a teensy bit of butter. Meanwhile in another pan I sauté the bell pepper and onion in a teensy bit more butter until slightly caramelized. Top cooked egg whites, fold and serve with salsa verde or guacamole.
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Spicy 5 egg veggie omelet:

5 Large eggs
    mushrooms
    onions
    1/4 cup grated cheese (I use cheddar usually because it's what I have around, but there are much better omelet cheeses.)
    1 tbl spoon grated parmesan cheese
    sriracha (Put as much inside the omelet as you want)
    cayenne pepper, to taste

I fry it in a pan, using pam to stop it from sticking.
  • SheilaB103
    SheilaB103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    Sprinkle of parsley, salt and pepper
    Chopped onions
    Chopped Green peppers
    Small amount of black beans
    Topped with sliced avocado

My favorite!! I can't get enough.
  • Swizzle65
    Swizzle65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love chives, parsley,mushrooms and gruyere cheese, spraying the pan with Pam.
  • littlemisstickles
    Options
    Mine sounds really boring compared to all of these! I feel tomorrow I will be trying some of these recipies.
  • littlemisstickles
    Options
    absgaw.jpg

my post swim breakfast. spinach, chorizo and light mozzerella egg white omlette.
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I make mine with two egg whites, a tablespoon of soymilk to thinken, a half cup of spinach, an oz. of feta, and salt and pepper. I'm actually eating this as I type right now =)
  • heather_9931
    Options
    bump
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Eating right now:

4 egg whites
    1/4-1/2 cup bell pepper strips
    2% cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp skim milk

I heat it in the microwave until fluffy and cooked through, yum!

Trying basil, tomato, and mozzarella next.
  • SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    My current fave is ham, asparagus and swiss.

This mornings was 2 eggs, 1 c finely chopped broccoli and 1/4 c low fat cheddar