Replies

• fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I know your pain. I just lost mine a week ago yesterday after 17 years. I feel for ya bro.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    We decided to give our Son (now 11 years old) a heads up on it last night. He took it hard.
    This morning he asked me about getting another puppy.
    I am not sure it is the best idea right now.

I am so sorry - this is a horrible thing to go through. Give yourself a little time to make a decision about a new puppy, but maybe consider it in a few weeks or months - there are so many deserving animals in need out there, and it may be a way to honor Kevlar. I went through this 2 years ago when I lost the best cat in the world to cancer - it was terrible, but a few weeks later I was looking on Petfinder and a picture just 'spoke' to me, and I adopted a new guy - the transition was tough at first - he wasn't Fred - but now I can't imagine being without him.
  • Lefty634
    Lefty634 Posts: 56
    Options
    Give yourself and your family a period of grieving and then consider throwing a party to honor a loyal and faithful friend and family member Pics of the good times and stories about him and of course a few donuts will lighten everyones spirits.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry~ I am sitting here in tears reading this ~ you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. The hardest thing I have ever done in my life with my Angel~ know many of are thinking of you on this day...
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. I had to put my yellow lab down when she was 11. She got really sick and kept looking at me as if asking me to fix it...make it better. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. We're going through something similar with our family dog. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry....may it rest in peace.
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Poor baby. I just read this sitting in the student center at my university and I'm all teary now D:

Must. not. cry.
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend. We had put ours down in Nov. It's a very hard decision to make. I feel for you my friend.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. It is the worst pain in the world. Much love xx
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss man
  • ultrahush
    ultrahush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm so, so sorry. My dog of 16 years had to be put down two days before my birthday. It was absolutely awful - My thoughts are with you during this hard time!!
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    I've had to do this and can't describe the feeling. I can only say I'm sorry.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. You picked a very good combination of breeds. Both Chows and German Shepherds are notoriously protective of their families. I'm sure this is much like losing a family member as anything can feel. Just know that he enjoyed sharing his short life with you and he will no longer be in pain from this point forward. God bless!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Your story made me cry, what an amzing addition he was to your family, you were both blessed to be with each other for 14 years.
    Relish in your good memories of that beautiful animal.

I am so very sorry that you have to go thru this. It is a very hard decision to make.

((hugs))
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    They become such a big part of our lives and families. Been there and it's no fun! Our prayers are with you.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. My dogs were a huge part of my life as well and I hated it when we had to put them to sleep. Dogs are truly man's best friend. Yours will be missed but he will live on in your heart.
  • TeraJo
    TeraJo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. We put down our family dog Paws (half aussie, half chow) in 2008. He was with us for 12 years. Take comfort in knowing your faithful companion is not in pain and is patiently waiting for you to play with him again on the other side. I am sorry you and your family are going through this difficult time.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, I know how hard it is.