Black Team Week 12

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH-- how did I forget to tell you all this--

If any of you have read my profile, you've seen that my "aha" moment last year came after seeing The Today Show, and a profile of a woman who lost 150 pounds. I was disgusted-- if she could do it, why couldn't I?

My life changed that day-- it clicked. Enough was enough.

WELLLLLLLL-- I looked her up. Her name and city were printed on The Today Show website, and I found her address and we have begun corresponding. I felt so compelled to tell her how much her story had changed my life--

Turns out, she had gained 10 pounds back this summer, and my note to her came at the right time to give her the kick in the pants she needed to get back on track.

Sooo-- my friends-- let's not be afraid to share our successes with each other and with some of the other nitwits out there in the world who are looking for the easy way out-- if you touch even one person with your story, it's worth it--

Now I'm really turning in-- heat today has given me a headache-- youch.

Nitey-nite!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    *Dragging back to my team with my tail between my legs.*

I'm home, my food experiences the past 4 days are too horrific to mention. I not only fell off the wagon, I think it drug me behind it and ran me over a time or two. Better days ahead. Haven't even gotten on the scale, can only imagine.

Did a lot of reflecting on that long stinking car ride home yesterday (in between eating crap of course). I was trying to put my finger on why this was so easy at first. Not so much the weight coming off, I know that is easier at first, just the staying on track all the time. I was really good when I first started this, I NEVER cheated or blew it for months at a time. Lately, not so much. I have trouble not blowing it for just a week.

I think it comes down to getting something out of it. It's easy to be excited and do a great job when you see the results. It's so much harder when you work hard and see nothing in return. I guess I need to learn to view the scale staying the same as return on my investment, which might be easier if I was happy with the unchanging number.

I have a lot of work to do right now. I was still sitting on a few extra from my last trip home and I'm 100% certain I added a few more this trip. I'm sitting down today, planning out my workouts and planning out a menu for the week. It's a start!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    *Dragging back to my team with my tail between my legs.*

I'm home, my food experiences the past 4 days are too horrific to mention. I not only fell off the wagon, I think it drug me behind it and ran me over a time or two. Better days ahead. Haven't even gotten on the scale, can only imagine.

Did a lot of reflecting on that long stinking car ride home yesterday (in between eating crap of course). I was trying to put my finger on why this was so easy at first. Not so much the weight coming off, I know that is easier at first, just the staying on track all the time. I was really good when I first started this, I NEVER cheated or blew it for months at a time. Lately, not so much. I have trouble not blowing it for just a week.

I think it comes down to getting something out of it. It's easy to be excited and do a great job when you see the results. It's so much harder when you work hard and see nothing in return. I guess I need to learn to view the scale staying the same as return on my investment, which might be easier if I was happy with the unchanging number.

I have a lot of work to do right now. I was still sitting on a few extra from my last trip home and I'm 100% certain I added a few more this trip. I'm sitting down today, planning out my workouts and planning out a menu for the week. It's a start!

Go to the doc today and have blood drawn. When you see your cholesterol levels it will :noway:

I know where you're coming from on this one.

I took my DD to Bday dinner last night at Benihana. My before picture is of 3 yrs ago at the same place.
    Weight was a part of it, but I FELT crappy. I couldnt do anything without huffing and puffing and blowing the house down. I was miserable in the picture surrounded by family and friends.

This year the picture is different. I was smiling and happy and we laughed and ate.

I am bloated like a balloon from all the salt, but happy as a clam.

I have that picture of me up on my mirror. Forever reminding me of how far I have come, and how I do NOT want to go back there!!

Hugs and Kisses my sister in the battle of the scale!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    OH MY GOSH-- how did I forget to tell you all this--

If any of you have read my profile, you've seen that my "aha" moment last year came after seeing The Today Show, and a profile of a woman who lost 150 pounds. I was disgusted-- if she could do it, why couldn't I?

My life changed that day-- it clicked. Enough was enough.

WELLLLLLLL-- I looked her up. Her name and city were printed on The Today Show website, and I found her address and we have begun corresponding. I felt so compelled to tell her how much her story had changed my life--

Turns out, she had gained 10 pounds back this summer, and my note to her came at the right time to give her the kick in the pants she needed to get back on track.

Sooo-- my friends-- let's not be afraid to share our successes with each other and with some of the other nitwits out there in the world who are looking for the easy way out-- if you touch even one person with your story, it's worth it--

Now I'm really turning in-- heat today has given me a headache-- youch.

Nitey-nite!

Marla that is so cool! You truly did the pay it forward thing! I hope you told her about MFP too!!

How are you today? I know you must still be upset over DS. I pray he is ok, and sees the light before it is too late.

On Sara.....WOOT !!!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie- Battle of the Scale for sure. Sometimes I think it will just get easy one day. Deep down I know this will go on FOR-EV-ER.

Marla- hearing somebody say you inspired them is for sure an awesome feeling. I've had a friend of my son's start losing because she saw me doing it, it always makes me feel good when she says she started because of me.

Can't remember if I mentioned it earlier this week, but before we left I was managing DH's food, he lost 5 pounds the first week. I realized I do know what I'm doing, it's just my dumb body that refuses to cooperate!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Marla- great story

Lori- I agree its gonna be a life change. When I get close to goal weight again I say oh I can splurge, if I would just get it in my head to stay on track for one I would feel less sick and two I would not battle with scale. I think I will maintain this week, we shall see tomorrow

Renea- Sorry your DD was sick, its rough

Marla- I also like the 100 crunches a day because I already do them... Do I have to do more?

Jeannie- that salt can be a bummer, I also show a gain when I splurge, I usually drink about 12 glasses of water a day I dont know if I need to up that when I eat out, but the dr told me not to drink tomuch I was drinking about 20 glasses a day.

Well my son started middle school yesterday- the school supply list is nuts o, I bought all his stuff the other day that I knew he would need, pencils, paper,pens, you know the usual stuff, and after school yesterday I got his school list and stil cost me about 40 dollars, that does not include my daughter lilst I get it thursday, I am sure I will spend just as much on her's. School is breaking the bank...oh yeah I gotta pay for his locker...MONEY MONEY MONEY, seems like thats all I am handing them and it was only a 2 hour day yesterday!!! His first full day is tomorrow,

Hope everyone has a great day
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Just want to jump in to say that I got my push ups done last night. Todays won't get done til tonight yet, unless I do them in the bathroom today. Which, I may very well do them in there or the kitchen. Need to get caught up from Saturday and Sunday too.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Marla- great story

Lori- I agree its gonna be a life change. When I get close to goal weight again I say oh I can splurge, if I would just get it in my head to stay on track for one I would feel less sick and two I would not battle with scale. I think I will maintain this week, we shall see tomorrow

Marla- I also like the 100 crunches a day because I already do them... Do I have to do more?

Jeannie- that salt can be a bummer, I also show a gain when I splurge, I usually drink about 12 glasses of water a day I dont know if I need to up that when I eat out, but the dr told me not to drink tomuch I was drinking about 20 glasses a day.

Well my son started middle school yesterday- the school supply list is nuts o, I bought all his stuff the other day that I knew he would need, pencils, paper,pens, you know the usual stuff, and after school yesterday I got his school list and stil cost me about 40 dollars, that does not include my daughter lilst I get it thursday, I am sure I will spend just as much on her's. School is breaking the bank...oh yeah I gotta pay for his locker...MONEY MONEY MONEY, seems like thats all I am handing them and it was only a 2 hour day yesterday!!! His first full day is tomorrow,

I agree with school and money. It's crazy. I remember when I was in school I went to school on the first day and there on my desk was new crayons, pencils, etc. All provided BY THE SCHOOL. Novel thought. Try buying supplies for 4 of them!

We have to go next week and do the whole new school shoes (one pair of good new sneakers), which I do every year. I've been saving cause just the shoes will be a staggering $400-500. Insane. I like to go without DH, even though he knows it's expensive, he's better off not knowing the details. We are all happier that way.

I don't do much back to school clothes shopping. My kids have nice clothes and I buy them stuff as needed. It hurts less to buy a little here and there. At least living in Florida they really only need shorts, short sleeve shirts, sweatshirts and jeans. I don't have to do a whole winter wardrobe or expensive heavy jackets.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Jeannie- Battle of the Scale for sure. Sometimes I think it will just get easy one day. Deep down I know this will go on FOR-EV-ER.

Marla- hearing somebody say you inspired them is for sure an awesome feeling. I've had a friend of my son's start losing because she saw me doing it, it always makes me feel good when she says she started because of me.

Can't remember if I mentioned it earlier this week, but before we left I was managing DH's food, he lost 5 pounds the first week. I realized I do know what I'm doing, it's just my dumb body that refuses to cooperate!

:sad: :sad: FOR-EV-ER:sad: :sad:

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Marla- great story

Thanks, I am sucking down the lime water all day. It was SO worth it!! Yummo!!

Middle school...........hard times for sure. Maybe he can mow the lawn to make a few bucks?? It is so expensive. I remember actually taking out a loan one year with 1st yr middle, 1st year High and Sr year..............OMG!!

:smooched: Jeannie
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Marla- great story

Thanks, I am sucking down the lime water all day. It was SO worth it!! Yummo!!

Middle school...........hard times for sure. Maybe he can mow the lawn to make a few bucks?? It is so expensive. I remember actually taking out a loan one year with 1st yr middle, 1st year High and Sr year..............OMG!!

:smooched: Jeannie

I was told to start saving now. Right now we only have one of the three kids in school. But, when Tenley is a senior, Dylan will be a sophomore and Emerson will be a freshman. :cry:
  • 72lori
    Options
    We have 3 in Middle School this year- 6th, 7th and 8th grade. Last year I almost fainted when the two boys wanted yearbooks and they were $50 each. I already know Back to School Night will be $15 for PE uniforms each, locker rental fees, money on lunch accounts, and I need to rent a clarinet for our daughter and countless other things I'm trying not to think about.....

Maybe I should have thought a little more positive about that job!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    We have 3 in Middle School this year- 6th, 7th and 8th grade. Last year I almost fainted when the two boys wanted yearbooks and they were $50 each. I already know Back to School Night will be $15 for PE uniforms each, locker rental fees, money on lunch accounts, and I need to rent a clarinet for our daughter and countless other things I'm trying not to think about.....

Maybe I should have thought a little more positive about that job!

LOL my youngest is in kindergarten which you know that the supply list is a mile long, and I haven't gotten it yet, wont get it till thursday
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LOL. I've got one in kindergarden and one in middle school. I feel a lot better after reading this though that I don't have to pay locker fees and our year books are still only $10. Next year will probably be more - but right now they are still paper cover. Yipes! I thought I had a long list, I see now I'm getting off pretty easy and appreciate that. I still have 2 weeks - school shopping this weekend though. Won't get much for clothes, but will have to get some. DH starts new job this weekend - YAY. We'll have more $ soon for those school clothes.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Make sure you hit Walmart for school supplies. Can't beat it. Stock up.

When all 4 of ours were in Elementary school I would buy lots of extras because they were so cheap. Then at xmas I would get a cute plastic basket that the teacher could use in her classroom and fill it up with a ton of supplies, that by that time in the year they need, and give it to them as their gift. You can't even imagine how appreciative they were! A teacher can only get so many candles and apple things and they often spend their own money to replenish supplies as the year goes on so to get a basket full really is a treat.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

When all 4 of ours were in Elementary school I would buy lots of extras because they were so cheap. Then at xmas I would get a cute plastic basket that the teacher could use in her classroom and fill it up with a ton of supplies, that by that time in the year they need, and give it to them as their gift. You can't even imagine how appreciative they were! A teacher can only get so many candles and apple things and they often spend their own money to replenish supplies as the year goes on so to get a basket full really is a treat.

That is an awesome idea! And adding a box or 2 of kleenex, snacks and some hand sanitizer. I like that gift idea. A few years ago for my oldest daughter's teacher, I got a denim bag and painted a big tree on it and stamped apples all over it and put each kid's name on an apple. Turned out really cool! And only took like an hour - I'm not even artistic. Something like that would be fun with extra supplies for the rest of the year. Thanks!
  • 72lori
    Options

That is an awesome idea! And adding a box or 2 of kleenex, snacks and some hand sanitizer. I like that gift idea. A few years ago for my oldest daughter's teacher, I got a denim bag and painted a big tree on it and stamped apples all over it and put each kid's name on an apple. Turned out really cool! And only took like an hour - I'm not even artistic. Something like that would be fun with extra supplies for the rest of the year. Thanks!

That bag would make it really cute and it adds a personal touch. Sometimes I would add a gift card to Starbucks or the Teacher Education store too. Teacher gifts get expensive and hard!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    awesome, awesome, awesome-- freakin' run--

3 miles-- hot, humid, sweaty-- first day of TOM-- didn't let it slow me down--

I AM WOMANNNNNN--

WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    awesome, awesome, awesome-- freakin' run--

3 miles-- hot, humid, sweaty-- first day of TOM-- didn't let it slow me down--

I AM WOMANNNNNN--

WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Marla......you are awesome.....kickin' butt.....go Marla. :tongue:

I ordered Tony Venuto's ebook today. He's a body builder. It's called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. I read the whole dang thing, 370 pages plus the extra freebie reports that came with it. Very good read. Inspiring, lots of ideas, definately changing up some things in my plan. I'm not far off, but he's got a ton of good ideas- especially when you've gotten yourself stuck!

I probably did it to myself for restricting calories for so long. Oh well, live and learn. I want to print it for easier reference, but not so much off my printer. Where's Lynnie? Can I take a thumb drive to Staples with it saved and get it printed?

So now I have goals-18% body fat is where I'm shooting for and a size 8 please.

I have a skin caliper for do-it yourself measuring ordered. (Acu Measure) $8.88 off Amazon with free shipping, how can you go wrong? My man Tony says I should be able to lose 1/2 % of body fat per week. Let's see about this! (I'd be happy with 1/2% per month!)

I have a list of foods never to eat, those I should eat all the time. Stuff I pretty much knew, but just confirms it. (Yes, Marla, wolf man is right.) Unfortuately cookies, candy, ice cream, donuts and all the sweetened goodness in life is a no-no. Bummer.

I have a range of calories.

I have a workout including cardio and weights.

I've got it all baby! Even a better attitude. It's exciting to be trying something new. Monday, right? Kidding! Tomorrow. It will be easier after groceries. There isn't a dang thing here to eat! Today was a eat whatever you can find cause there sure as shoot isn't much!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It has been another long hot day at work. I ended up cutting a lot of heavy fabric and my back is paying for it now. Guess that's part of the job. It just wears me out and especially with it being so hot that my body is sticky and feels icky! I lifted so many heavy pieces today that by 5 pm I felt like I had been lifting weights all day. That is how my muscles felt and I still had 2 more hours to go at that point. Hope everyone is doing good. No push ups but am getting plenty of a workout at work!