Why are you here? No, for real...

Options

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    honestly... I hate being naked.. I cant wear a swim suit and I'm really just.. grossed out about myself.

My main shallow reason would be that if I ever run into an ex, or high school classmate I dont want to be the one who got fat... :explode: SO... I want to wow them all!!

This This sooo much this.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So, what finally made YOU take the plunge? Not the one you tell everyone ("I wanted to get healthy!" "I wanted my kids to look up to me!") I mean the other reason, the one buried deep inside that you know is shallow as hell but it worked. (I have nothing against the public reason, it's just... public. I'd rather hear the other reason(s), that's all.)

As cheesy as it sounds, I really DID want to live better and all the things that came with it. I wanted to be able to run around with my friends and go play sports on the weekends. I wanted to look like I belonged in the pictures of us all, not the weird fat girl.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I had decided to compete in a bikini (bodybuilding) competition last year and needed to learn how to eat and how much to eat, since previously I didn't eat enough.
  • gaelyngaelyn
    gaelyngaelyn Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    :wink: I just want it to be really easy for my husband to throw me around....
  • sarabirdcanfly
    sarabirdcanfly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Left high school for college and I stopped playing hockey and soccer and started binge eating while studying for finals. Gained some weight and now I'm not that cute, tiny girl on the soccer team and that's what I was known as. The cute tiny girl. No one likes the chubby, unhappy girl.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I was having a hard time finding clothes that fit (especially since I just had my second kid). Had very serious complications during my pregnancy that ended in an emergency c-section (baby was totally unresponsive and I had pre-ecclampsia). My health issues have been piling up. I felt like CRAP. It was expensive going to the doctor all the time. I looked awful! So I'm changing that :)
  • andymf85
    andymf85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be just one?

Yeah, most important is that I want to feel good (don't feel good when I lean over and can feel the flab there), and obviously I want to look good for the opposite sex, but honestly if I had to sum it up I just want to enjoy being an athletic young guy while I can. I won't be able to jump fences and bounce around with energy forever, so why waste anymore of my time?
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of me at Christmas time and I was like oh no, no, no!

This is sooo me! Plus I started to sweat like crazy and was always hot. Sweating when you are working out is one thing, sweating when you go grocery shopping sooo different.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I was in a weight loss challenge in our county sponsored by the Ag department. We were introduced to myfitnesspal by the woman heading the weight loss challenge. I am competitive in these challenges and knew I was over weight and looked aweful. We didn't get the support we expected in the challenge but I won second place and loved myfitnesspal. It opened my eyes to how many calories I was consuming. I have continued to make life style changes and continue to lose weight and get healthy.
  • Cindyo64
    Cindyo64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I realized that I now weighed more than I did at the end of my first pregnancy(during which I gained 50 lbs)!!!! My self esteem had turned into self loathing and I couldn't stand to look at myself in pictures... not to mention that I work with people who for the most part are 20 or more years younger than I am and I can't keep up. I finally decided that I needed to do SOMETHING and after trying many different things that I didn't stick with, I found MFP by accident. I have stuck with this longer than anything else and the change in weight and attitude are finally starting to happen so this is where I am staying!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I also did it to get the attention of a man who already had a girlfriend.

is that ok? maybe I'm wrong, but that seems wrong

Right or wrong, it worked for her.

No point in judging the reasons. They did what they were meant to do.

fair enough...but if it was your man? you still gonna be so non judgmental?

It's not the "other woman's" responsibility to make sure someone's man stays faithful. That's their man's responsibility. If he's going to fall for something like that, it's only a matter of time before he wanders. *shrug* If he's not prone to wandering, then it doesn't matter if a super model approaches him saying she will to do dirty unmentionable things to him. :tongue: This, of course, goes both ways.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I was ready to lose the weight and really need to feel in control of myself. We had a lot of chaos going on when I started here in September and feeling that at least I could control what I was putting in my mouth gave me a sense of power.

What started as a need to feel more in control, led to a true addiction to learning about losing weight, nutrition, exercise etc. I cant get enough of reading up on how to better our bodies and our health now. I couldnt be more happy with being in the 160's today after losing almost 90 pounds from a year ago. Thank goodness for MFP! I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing my food diary and macos everyday and getting that darn ticker to move is even better :)
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting serious about weight loss in January anyway because I hated the way that I looked in pictures and the way that clothes looked on my body. But the thing that gave me the real push to do something was a betrayal by my husband in December that sent me into a weeklong period of not taking care of myself. After I woke up from that and realized that I should do things like, for example, eat, I realized that I had dropped 10 pounds. I thought that I may as well keep going because if I was going to end up back on the market I would surely want to look good. For the record, we are working through our problems and I don't think that I will be back on the market anytime soon :)
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The real, deep down, sooper sekrit reason is because somewhere along the line during our divorce, my now ex-husband said to me: "All you ever do is eat."

I hate that being a reason though; I don't want to give that SOB even a little bit of credit for anything good in my life post-him.
  • aimsteen
    aimsteen Posts: 49
    Options
    I started this site after I had my son and starting trying to lose the baby weight. I gained around 70 lbs. when I was preggars because I ate whatever, whenever, and did not exercise. When I was 7 months pregnant, my sister called me a fat @ss and that really hurt. When I was 8 1/2 months pregnant my husband's brother told me I was fat (this was the first time I'd ever met him) and it devestated me. I was the biggest I'd ever been, but I didn't really think people would tell a pregnant lady how fat she was. I told myself, I'll show them...and I guess I did. My motivations and goals changed so much along the way that it became more about other things than showing them. Now I couldn't care less what they think. =)P

Edited for spelling
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My family are always making fun of my weight...that being said, I want to lose the pounds so I can prove them wrong!
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    For real?

I kicked my ex out in January, having suspected for months (and finally receiving confirmation) that he was cheating on me. Since I had already distanced myself from him for a while before officially giving him the boot, I really feel I'm completely over it and ready to meet someone new...

However, when I look in the mirror, I am NOT happy with what I see, and I know I can do better.

Like someone else on MFP said, I wouldn't do me... why would I expect someone else to want to?

Couldn't have said this any better myself...Well besides my he was a she lol
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I've always had a belly -- ALWAYS. Even when I was younger/single. I'd slowly gained weight over the last 10-15 years, and had 2 kids. I got sick and tired of other women (who should know better) constantly asking me "When are you DUE?" when I was far from pregnant. Then I saw a photo of me last Christmas, and I thought "OH GOD. I really DO look about 7 months pregnant in that photo." I was HORRIFIED. And PISSED.

I was 40, and for once in my life, I wanted to finally be able to look at myself in the mirror (or in photos) and not cringe. I wanted to be able to turn to the side and not worry about whether my pudgy belly was hanging out over my pants. I wanted to finally FEEL sexy.

I spent my younger years building up my inside (my smarts, my confidence, my strength, my abilities), but had NO confidence about how I looked -- in clothes, OR out of them. I wanted that. For me. Not for my husband, or anybody else. Just ME. I wanted THAT kind of woman power.

Yep. True. Not sue I've got it YET, but someday my confidence'll catch up to my smokin' (new) body. :laugh:
  • Faerille326
    Options
    Completely and totally here to remind my boyfriend what he's got. He used to have some competition back in my skinny days. Not VIABLE competition, mind you - I love him and would never do that to him - but it's nice to make him sweat it out a little every once in a while. Keeps him working hard to keep me around. :wink:

Oh yeah, and to get fit and healthier and stuff.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The fat girl in the mirror wasnt me...she had to go...I found me again.