Replies

• Jadzea42
    Jadzea42 Posts: 20
    Options
    To get Ripped!:laugh:
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Options
    To get back to where physically before my abusive marriage..and to look damn fine in clothes again. :( Fat people clothes are not cute.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    originally started because I found out my now ex-husband cheated on me for 3 years and I never knew it.

after losing 45 pounds it was my payback to him because now I was attractive and he wanted what he couldn't have anymore.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Every time I look in the mirror Im disgusted. Then we took an office picture and I realized that I'm the fat girl of the group.

Yea, I wanna be the cute sexy one.

And I'm tired of buying larger and larger clothes.
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Options
    For real?

I kicked my ex out in January, having suspected for months (and finally receiving confirmation) that he was cheating on me. Since I had already distanced myself from him for a while before officially giving him the boot, I really feel I'm completely over it and ready to meet someone new...

However, when I look in the mirror, I am NOT happy with what I see, and I know I can do better.

Like someone else on MFP said, I wouldn't do me... why would I expect someone else to want to?

Couldn't have said this any better myself...Well besides my he was a she lol

THIS! Very much this. Except change back the he to a she.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been trying for a little while just to tone up a little. I didn't have a ton to lose or anything...But then some girl took a jab at me over facebook about my weight (after I took a jab at her for posting pictures of her body all over the internet) and my "I'll show you *****" attitude got the best of me.... As pathetic as it sounds, I deleted my account and as soon as I get extremely cut (hopefully by August/September) I plan to reactivate it and take a picture of my awesome body and tag her in it.

I am extremely motivated when I do things to get back at people....Sad truth(:
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    my best friend is taller than me.. and skinnier. i want to be skinnier / fitter than her. shallow as hell, but i dont care. at all.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What really jump started my journey was seeing pic's of me at a wedding last August. I didn't recognize myself and I felt disgusting inside and out. I haven't looked back since and it's been a bumpy as well as a very rewarding road! As previously said by others, I found myself again. :bigsmile:
  • BrownEyedSister
    BrownEyedSister Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I worked out hard and got fairly fit three years ago. Then my gym closed and moved out in the middle of the night - like some criminals. I kept promising myself I'd join another gym and start working out. Didn't happen...

I saw some recent pictures of myself and after weighing I realized I had for the first time in my life an overweight BMI. Besides that, I looked awful in the pictures. Then a couple of weeks ago my mother came over and I noticed how much she struggled just to come up the two steps into my house and to walk around. She can barely move. On top of that she has developed Type 2 diabetes like everyone else in my family. All that combined with the fact that my fiance is 7 years younger than me left me feeling like a big, fat, middle-aged slouch!

My sisters were telling me about MFP and I decided to join them on this adventure. It's been a week and although I've only seen a tiny bit of improvement I'm sticking with it. I don't want to end up like my mom, barely able to walk and diagnosed with diabetes (diabeetus!) and I want to knock the socks off my fiance for a long time to come!!! :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I was getting chubs and felt uncomfortable. I wanted to be comfortable enough to walk around in the nude.
    same
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Initially because I was miserable and hated how I looked. Now, because I'm happy and want my body to be strong and healthy.
  • beccapink
    beccapink Posts: 28
    Options
    Because i let myself so and I want to change & better my life :drinker:
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I started when I as 5foot tall (153cm) was the same weight as my mom who is 5 8(172cm), and it's NOT because of muscles.

Another reason was when I saw my BMI over 30 which means I'm obese. I never felt/realized/thought I was THAT big. I still have medium in cloths, which prob gave me the illusion that my "size" is not that bad yet.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am here to lose weight and feel great. I also like the online food diary. That really helps. I never liked writing my stuff down.. This is a great site.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was so tired of being the fatest one in the room...always being self conscious and I hated the rolls on the back, the muffin top no matter what I wore. I had a friend that told me she liked sitting next to someone overweight at the pool so she looks pretty good compared :/ I was like oh heck no! I am not gonna be your fat friend to make you feel smaller!

Pictures of myself made me super disgusted and embarrassed adn I stopped letting my husband see me naked. I was ashamed to take my clothes off in front of him or even get out the shower without a towel on.

A lot of other folks in the church were losing weight and getting healthy and I was for dang sure not about to keep getting bigger and let everyone else show me up :P

I started walking and got back to tracking on here...most others in my circle of friends have given up or only do it once in a while when they have a "fat day" lol...but i am here for the long haul and I am now down 65 lbs and 5 sizes since last Summer. :D

OHHH and I love all the compliments I receive now about how much I have lost and how good I look and it jsut drives me to keep going strong! I can't wait to show off new clothes and see what people say LOL!!
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am here because I have my 25 year high school reunion this summer. I was always called horrible names in school for being over weight. I want to go back looking good.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    nutrawatch.com closed and I needed a new go to calorie counting website.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    To look good naked....that's really all there is to it.
  • Stef836
    Stef836 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    After my 2 kids I got fat and ulgy :( I want my husband to think I'm sexy again.

There I said it :)
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I knew I was getting fatter from eating crap and not exercising. At my sister's wedding our other sister was 20 wks pregnant and my stomach was bigger then hers. My face was so round and I hated it. It didnt really hit me how big I was getting until I lost 14kg and I looked at pics from when I first started and I was like holy crap...that's disgusting!! I honestly didnt know why my bf was with me and how he could stand to see me naked, and I worried that by me putting on weight it would cause him to leave, because I always whined about it but rarely did anything about it. And I put on about 10kg in our first yr together. That was some heavy comfort phase!!! Then my sister got me on here and I finally feel good about myself, even though I have another 11kg to go before I am at my goal weight.