Should I eat McDonalds?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You will be fine if you eat it one time and don't make a habit out of it.. Since you are specifically craving it, just eat it slowly and allow the meal to satisfy your craving, rather than intensify it.
    McDonalds isn't the healthiest thing for you, but I laugh at the people who act like it's the worst thing ever and then go on to eat high fructose corn syrup filled diet foods and Subway/other fast food places daily. They're not doing any better. The McDonalds=death mindset probably comes from overhyped documentaries like Supersize Me that every gym class forces you to watch. Not saying it's good for you, but it's not like one bite of McDonalds and it's fatal. McDonalds is just as bad as any other fast food place or generic frozen dinner. So, if you really want it, you can have it- just in a small portion (as you have calculated) and not that often.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

aw, sweet! Do you know how freaking hot it is here?? 99!

It's only about 100 here today, but it'll be back up to 106 by Saturday...and back around 110 by mid next week from what I see.

And it's ok, the AC on my motorcycle is broken too =p.

hahahahaha, I just try to do 4/95. 4 windows down doing 95 mph. :bigsmile:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

aw, sweet! Do you know how freaking hot it is here?? 99!

It's only about 100 here today, but it'll be back up to 106 by Saturday...and back around 110 by mid next week from what I see.

And it's ok, the AC on my motorcycle is broken too =p.

hahahahaha, I just try to do 4/95. 4 windows down doing 95 mph. :bigsmile:

Ha! Since I'm in the direct sunlight, with no shade and no windows, I up that to about 110mph. It's like driving into a blast furnace, but at least it dries the sweat...which is somewhat cooling lol.

Stoplights now...those are brutal =p. Last week, my feet left footprints in the asphalt at every red light =p.

Oh, and to keep on topic...I usually have fast food about once a week too. Sometimes more, sometimes not at all. It's not something I worry about...as long as I don't find myself doing it more than 2-3x lol.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I love Big Macs. I try not to eat "bad" food but if eating junk food every now and then keeps me on my diet I'm all for it. I get a Big Mac without the bun (330 calories, 6 carbs) as a reward every week after my hour long Zumba class...YUM!

a reward for you and a punishment for me. After a hard work out why put that stuff in your body? I just think doing an hour long zumba or whatever and then following it up with that seems counter productive. but hey...if it works for you...its all good
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Big Macs. I try not to eat "bad" food but if eating junk food every now and then keeps me on my diet I'm all for it. I get a Big Mac without the bun (330 calories, 6 carbs) as a reward every week after my hour long Zumba class...YUM!

a reward for you and a punishment for me. After a hard work out why put that stuff in your body? I just think doing an hour long zumba or whatever and then following it up with that seems counter productive. but hey...if it works for you...its all good

Works for me!
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Isn't a change in diet the reason for being here, amongst other things? If you have to ask can you eat junk food then you deserve every success in your weight loss.
  • hornman333
    hornman333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes - McDonalds has a great side salad with grilled chicken, add Vinagrette Dressing. Yummy!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just crushed an entire pizza at Yard House. Still going to stay within my calorie goals rather easily.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I just crushed an entire pizza at Yard House. Still going to stay within my calorie goals rather easily.

I just crushed a grilled sirloin steak with grilled tomatoes and some brussel sprouts....but what the heck does either have to do with McDonalds?
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I very rarely eat fast food, but today I had McDonald's for dinner. So obviously I say eat it if you want to. I had a Southern Style Chicken Sandwich, a side salad with light italian, apple slices, and an iced coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup. I don't feel guilty and I'm well within my calories.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tobykang
    tobykang Posts: 24
    Options
    imagine the nuggets made of pink slime and the burger that is so highly processed it is incapable of rotting. \

Did I ruin Mcdonalds for you now? :D
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    imagine the nuggets made of pink slime and the burger that is so highly processed it is incapable of rotting. \

Did I ruin Mcdonalds for you now? :D

Not really...most adults on this forum are pretty aware of that stuff.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My personal philosophy, which seems to be working for me so far, is that if I'm not willing to do something forever then I don't do it while attempting to lose weight. Otherwise, if I make "rules" for myself that are too restrictive, I know I won't succeed with maintenance. Each person has to find their own balance. I think we would all agree that McDonald's menu does not have the best choices, but if you know that you will continue to eat at McDonald's from time to time, then learning to do so in a controlled manner is probably a good thing. While it's true, in one sense that a calorie is a calorie, for good health and energy it's probably better if trips to McDonald's are the exception rather than the rule. That's what works for me---each of us has to determine what will fit into our personal lifestyles and what changes we are ready to make at this time.

I should add that McDonald's has never had anything which I would crave to eat, so it's a lot easier for me to dismiss eating there or limit eating there. If I do end up with others who want to go to McDonald's I will have their Southwest Salad with grilled chicken and enjoy that far more than i would any of their burgers or french fries. On the other hand, if you said I have to give up Enchiladas Suizas at my favorite Mexican restaurant, I would be unwilling to do so. I probably have that about once every couple months, and I always eat half and take the other half home for another meal. Obviously, I lean toward the way of thinking that says we shouldn't deny ourselves our favorite foods---just practice moderation.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options

I just crushed a grilled sirloin steak with grilled tomatoes and some brussel sprouts....but what the heck does either have to do with McDonalds?

brussel sprouts are gnar, dude.