Body by Vi scam

Options

Replies

• mcdanielheather14
    Options
    I would like to add I am not some nut who thinks the shake has some miracle weight loss ingredient. For me it works because my life is so busy I have a hard time counting and controlling calories. I work 40 plus hours a week, go to school 15 hours a week, have 2 kids, and am the sole caregiver of my disabled husband. For me its easier for me to keep track of my calories and eat a healthier choice on the go. I mix up my shake for breakfast and go to class, I get home mix one up for lunch and do my chores, take care of the kids and everything else I have to do then I pack a real dinner for work and enjoy. It has helped me to stay at 1500 calories a day and in the morning I have started doing zumba to burn some of my fat. Its nothing in the shake making me lose weight but it is something that works for me and my situation. It just helps dieting for me be a no brainer. I also have a nerve disease that makes it very painful to chew ( trigeminal neuralgia) so not having to actually chew twice a day has helped keep my attacks down. Will this shake work for everyone? NO, Is it some magic diet supplement? no, does it help if your life is busy and you do not have time to prepare healthy meals and count your calories? Yes. I do not sell it and never would I could not push a product on people that I know does not work because it is a magic dietary supplement but instead a healthy alternative for some and a motivator. For my mentality ill drink these shakes and work out and it will help it motivates me to change my life style. Could I do the same thing with healthy eating and exercise? Yes but I do not have time to do all of that so VI has worked great for me.
  • mikes1990
    mikes1990 Posts: 3
    Options
    Cannot stand Body By Vi and everything they represent.

I blogged about it here if anyone's interested - http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/weight-loss-shakes-get-outta-here/
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I can't stand them all especially that vi they target the super obese. Someone mentioned that with the AMA calling obesity a disease it means only md can dispense weight loss advice. I hope that would be true and these fads would be a thing of the past
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have friends who swear by it, and one friend that tried more than once to get me to buy it, but I was never interested. As more and more people I knew got into it, I made a mass FB announcement that I wasn't interested and please don't try to sell it to me. No one did after that.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Nope, I agree with you.

If you need supplements and a set diet "product," you're setting yourself up for failure.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has started a weight loss program and is only going to eat "clean" and is blogging about eliminating bread and cheese, etc...and whatever else isn't considered clean...I had the audacity to tell the fellow bloggers that in order to lose weight you have to take in fewe calories than you burn up...that was not received well, so I left the group.....I guess I will continue with my dirty food choices, lol
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Cannot stand Body By Vi and everything they represent.

I blogged about it here if anyone's interested - http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/weight-loss-shakes-get-outta-here/

Nice post, and 12g protein per shake? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KelsThompski
    Options
    For protien i personally like isagenix... not trying to sell anything i dont even sell it i just like it because its all organic and you body absorbs more of the protien, so you are getting more of the nutrients your paying for! just a thought if your looking for a great protien shake and line.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Network Marketing (also called Pyramid Selling, Multi-Level Marketing, or Referral Marketing) is not the same thing as a "pyramid scheme", though many people make that assumption. As long as there is a sale of actual products or services involved (in this case, the weight loss shakes), it's not a pyramid scheme. The scheme is when someone sends off money for nothing other than the promise of receiving more money later as other people join in.

As to whether the product itself is any good, I have no idea. I've never tried it, and I don't know anyone who has.

BS by any other name still smells like BS. Trying to come up with a fancy name so it doesn't sound like the same type of shyster scheme doesn't change it. You're still trying to con your friends and family into buying the product or dealership so you can advance your level.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Network Marketing (also called Pyramid Selling, Multi-Level Marketing, or Referral Marketing) is not the same thing as a "pyramid scheme", though many people make that assumption. As long as there is a sale of actual products or services involved (in this case, the weight loss shakes), it's not a pyramid scheme. The scheme is when someone sends off money for nothing other than the promise of receiving more money later as other people join in.

As to whether the product itself is any good, I have no idea. I've never tried it, and I don't know anyone who has.

BS by any other name still smells like BS. Trying to come up with a fancy name so it doesn't sound like the same type of shyster scheme doesn't change it. You're still trying to con your friends and family into buying the product or dealership so you can advance your level.

It's NOT the same though.

Do your research.

Like the above person stated a Pyramid scheme gets you to pay money in and you get nothing in return. Not only that but they claim that there is "unlimited earning potential." THAT'S what makes it a scam.

MLM has an earning cap because there is no way that one can earn unlimited amounts of money because at some point it has to get diluted to the ridiculousness.

And if MLM is BS then please tell me why some of the most common names such as Avon, Tupperware, Silpada and Tastefully Simple are MLM companies? Perhaps because it's not BS?

Amway is what gave MLM's a bad name. That was a true pyramid scheme.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hate body by Vi - I cannot live on Shakes - If one more person tells me about their "free" BMW i will scream.....it is NOT free...it is based on sales...try dropping your sales and see what happens to your BMW....Isagenix is supposed to cure everything from Down's Syndrome to Alzheimer's according to their "claims"...IF you can afford it.....SOMEBODY STOP!!!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Yeah Visalus tastes great. Gave me daily migraines. Forget it!!!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have to say I do not agree. I have been using the Body BY Vi Shakes since january and have lost over 65 pound. I have learned to eat properly and also work out everyday. It is NOT a weight loss product but a Nutritional Shake. It will help you lose weight but it also helps you build lean muscle.

The important thing that I have learn when it come to protein is this:

Whey protein may say 24-54 g on the package but HOW MUCH OF IT is ACTUALLY getting absorbed into your cells?

Body By Vi ingredients have a Trisorb type of protein that has been proven to absorb every ounce of protein you ingest.

Regular Whey protein does not!! Do a google search!! I research all this information before I started the Body By Vi Challenge.

WTF Get out! 3 Friends and every post about the **** to sell ........Die marketing crap!

Personally I like the photoshopped weightloss pics. A real nice touch.

OMG I was wondering about this - my husband has a friend whose every post is about her new Body by Vi challenge and she posted pics showing her success and I swear they were photoshopped. I went back and just a month ago she posted a real pic of her out with her friends and I told my husband there was no way she lost that much weight in that short of a time and was cut with abs, and it had no head shot - presumably she couldn't get the whole body in if she showed her head shot. Yes it was so much more important to get that high heels in than a real pic her head.
  • I agree! Actually I was seriously considering becoming a Beach Body coach, HOPING to make some money to where I could stay home with my daughter full time...I really don't need to make much in all honesty, which i why I considered it. But I HATE the pyramid schemes! I have been doing REAL research on it all day and NONE of those damn programs out there offer anything more than what you will get from healthy eating and exercising. Sadly, it's not my answer to stay home with my girl.....just have to wait till my husband's ridiculous child support stops in 4 years....LOL
  • anggreg
    Options
    It is a scam...I actually gained weight while on it and was more hungry while using it....it did nothing for me. Complete gimmick. Agreed the pyramid thing is a definite gimmick...it's no different than Amway!
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    The person who tried to sell it to me, I straight up told them it was a scam and that I wasn't interested. They were extremely offended :P
  • GratefulRCC
    Options
    Purchased a bag of it last year. Wasn't impressed.
  • ericlopez71404
    Options
    Wtf is this trisorb?? Your body actually absorbs all your protein intake no matter what! Google a scholarly website about your body absorbing protein. With whey drinks your getting more protein which means more muscle mass. Anyone who says your body doesn't absorb all that protein is just lying and getting lied to by vi so you will buy their shakes to get the whole whopping 12 gs of protein when whey has 32 per cup. Idk if people think "all I have to do is exercise and drink this shake, and I will loose weight" anyone can loose weight but it's not healthy for you to drink only shakes and exercise no matter how many vitamins are in those shakes or any other shakes. Your virtually starving yourself, which is horrible for your body. The number one scientific proven way to loose weight or put on muscles is a proper diet and exercise! And not spending your money on a bunch of bs, tri-sorb??? Haha there is no actual scientific evidence that proves it is even a real word let alone to show it does what it says because your body absorbs protein no matter what that's like basic health class knowledge
  • ericlopez71404
    Options
    People this this vi shake is additive free but what do you think tri-sorb is? It's an additive with no real proof that it is even good for you
  • BillONare
    BillONare Posts: 1
    Options
    whichever way you look at it Visalus have only one interest at heart and that is not your weight loss - its about selling product - this satirical video sums up the ridiculous patter

http://youtu.be/TKPKPY9qnew