Biggest Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Everyone and everything :-)

But seriously, unless they are a health and safety issue, live and let live. Of course the daft moo's who wonder about with hair down and half their boobs hanging out are irritating, but I just find them amusing really. Oh silly gym clothing is funny too. Seen all sorts in my gym. Never fails to amuse me!

I love the gym far more than dislike anything in there. Nothing better than watching big guys work out. 1, because it's inspiring to see someone with an awesome body working out and 2. because i'm a dirty old woman and like to make my cardio pass quicker by admiring the view ;-)
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    People taking their sweet @ss time doing "sets" -MOVE

Guys overly staring at chicks. Dude that hot chick is now uncomfortable, tomorrow she will wear her favorite sweat shirt and pants. Good job jack hole.

Mirror addicts... I would not mind the mirror's being removed.

People taking up waaay too much space. So you need 12 feet of space on each side of you for ????? G T F O
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Personally i dont give a *kitten*!!
    Yup i wear a tiny bit of makeup thats my business and yup i sweat like a b*tch because i bust my *kitten* working out and weight training. Not sure how this is hurting anyone else :laugh:
    Yup i have gym clothes just plain black yoga pants and a running top, if you dont like that tough im not asking you to wear it.
    As for the rest i cant say i notice im there to do my own workout and dont notice nor care what anyone else is doing im too busy working my *kitten* off . I havent got the energy to people watch
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    At first a lot of these kind of bugged me. I guess most of it is just amusing now but I have to say the puddles of sweat are annoying. I've taken to looking and possibly wiping before I sit.

Other than that, I hated it when people would stare. Girls or guys. I'm never dolled up, always shorts with a tank or t-shirt, ponytail and a headband. I tend to notice that people watch when I drift over to the free weights area. It bothered me a lot at first because I always go alone and I'd feel quite vulnerable. I'm at a really small gym with mostly buff men and tiny little cardio girls so I am certainly the sore thumb. Now I'm more confident that I'm not doing something wrong and I try to think that their judgements don't matter.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    the guy who got on the treadmill next to me wearing enough cologne to make my eyes and nose immediately start to burn. It was the longest 12 minutes of my life. I felt better as soon as he left the area...then he walked by me in the weight area, and the cloud of cologne hit me first.

Please people, save the cologne until you get done working out and washing that nasty butt--put it on as you leave the gym!!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Little known biochemistry fact: sweat has the same composition as urine.

If by composition you mean water, salt and "some other stuff". I'm pretty sure the "other stuff" is different stuff. You know, the stuff that makes it yellow and smell like pee.

(and in case you're wondering the "other stuff" in urine is called urea - - mostly anyway, there's still yet more "other stuff" - - and yes, I'm basing this on actual science)
  • JCasison
    JCasison Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    People wearing their "Stunna Shades" while working out. I've seen both men and women do this. -___-
  • jesz124
    Options
    Girls thinking everyone is staring at them because they are using the free weights. Really they arn't, they are far more interested in doing their own workout. Get over yourselves!!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    1. Girls who spend two hours getting ready just to go to the gym and you can smell their perfume a mile away!

2. Girls who do not work up a sweat, you are at the gym to lose weight not to look pretty and pick up guys.

3. Girls who wear just a sports bra in front of the whole gym... I do not care how skinny you are it is just wrong!

Don't give a crap - I'm gonna just wear a sports bra when I'm at the gym, eventually. I've ran outside in just a sports bra but wanna have a flatter stomach! ;)

I can't just wear a sports bra at the "gym" I go to considering it's on hospital property and doctors and health pros work and work out there not to mention patients.
    i don't get it.. what's wrong with a sports bra?
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    1. That guy at the gym wearing a tank top who has NOTHING to show off, yet continually checks himself out in the mirror.

2. Exercises "made up" on the spot that do NOT exist, which in order to be executed, require the worst form known to man (usually being done by guy #1).
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Girls thinking everyone is staring at them because they are using the free weights. Really they arn't, they are far more interested in doing their own workout. Get over yourselves!!

Ha. I thought I was the only person thinking this. Well said :bigsmile:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I really hate it when women leave the cardio section and start using the weights. I like my side of the gym nice and empty. Please stick with the treadmill and elliptical machine sweetie. Weights will just bulk you up and give you manly muscles.

trollface.jpg
  • jesz124
    Options

3. Girls who wear just a sports bra in front of the whole gym... I do not care how skinny you are it is just wrong!

I work out at a climbing gym with no air conditioning. 50% of the men there are shirtless. Why is it wrong to wear only a sports bra that does not show an inch of cleavage?

Shirtless men working out? ;-) that could either be a very good thing or a very bad thing depending on who's working out I suppose! Lol
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options

2. Guys that go to the gym, and whose top priority is to pick up girls. I'm pretty sure the young lady came here to workout, not listen to your pick-up lines. (Although I do enjoy watching this from time to time. Some of the funniest rejections I've seen happened at gyms.)

this was my least favorite part of the gym, what part of me sweating away of the elliptical with earbuds in says to someone, hey, maybe she's here looking for a man!?!? i would just smile politely and show them my ring finger and go back to what i was doing.

the other thing would be the people just chilling out on a machine watching tv, not moving.... i wanted to tell them it doesnt count just cuz they are on the machine, you actually have to use it.

and the people who just seemed to walk around and check theirselves out in the mirror.. there was one guy (rather scrawny) who would walk around kissing what he must have seen as muscles on his upper arms... weirdos!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    also, the people who will walk by 10 empty machines and use the one immediately next to the one i'm on and then keep peeking over at my machine i dunno if its to see how fast i'm going or for how long or whatever, like we're in a race or something.
  • pucenavel
    Options
    Shirtless men working out? ;-) that could either be a very good thing or a very bad thing depending on who's working out I suppose! Lol

Double Standard! Double Standard!
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Two things:

1. Gyms that ban grunting while lifting heavy weights. Grunting has been scientifically proven to increase the amount a person can lift. It's like preventing a person from breathing heavily on a treadmill.

2. Guys who do bicep curls or rows in the squat rack.
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    1. Guys that act like they're God's gift to earth.
    2. When people get on a cardio machine next to me and keep staring at my stats.
    3. I'm not racing you sorry.
    4. It's not social hour.
    5. When people don't wipe down the machines.
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Relax on the supplements fellas. HARRRRRDDDDDOOOOOSSSSSSSS
  • pucenavel
    Options
    2. When people get on a cardio machine next to me and keep staring at my stats.

Is that a metaphor for something?