Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Biggest Pet Peeves at the Gym

Replies

• Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Grunting and dropping weights in the gym is very normal thing. If you don't like to hear something like that then I'd suggest you to leave the gym or plug your ears. Please watch several of the Olympics lifting: they drops their barbells as it was a normal routine. If you don't agree with it then you must be really naive with the lifting and gym's business. Please don’t tell me to not drop my barbells and making grunt sounds.

If you don't like to hear the weights being dropped on the floor, okay, try to put down the barbell when you are holding 225 lbs barbell over your head in the snatch or jerk position. That isn't easy to put it down on the floor without making a noise.

I don't want someone to clean their sweat after they are done with an exercise. I want to clean it by myself so that way I know it is clean for me. The gym is filled with germs and get over with it. If you don't like germs then don't go to the gym; please buy all the equipments for yourself at your house.

The gym is filled up with many strange smells and that is very normal thing. Please don't tell me to fix my smell or bo. If you don't like the smell at the gym then please leave.

My 2nd biggest peeve is that some women wore very suggestive (sexy) clothes at the gym (not just a regular gym clothes but they did it on purpose). The gym is not a place to do the model or brothel businesses; please take your sexy clothes to somewhere else. If you want to have an attention from some men; please go to a night-club and they will hit you fo sho. Please wear the modest clothes so I could focus on my lifting and crossfit’s WODs. When the women wears the very suggestive clothes and they are disrespecting me and few other men and women.

My biggest peeve is that some people don't do the right form of lifting and they think they are doing it right. For example, 90% of times I see people doing the squat is called, "partial-squat". (They didn't squated their hip below of their knees.) Jeez, those people need to learn how to do it right. Here is other thing, some people are doing the deadlift in a wrong form (back rouding). I was really hoping that they didn't break their backs (yes, that was really bad). Some people think they will get stronger by using the machines (oh please); please learn to do the barbells and that is how you will get stronger.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,259 Member
    People that don't put away the things they take out to work with.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    ...over your head in the snatch or jerk position...

Is that a metaphor for something?
    My 2nd biggest peeve is that some women wore very suggestive (sexy) clothes at the gym (not just a regular gym clothes but they did it on purpose). The gym is not a place to do the model or brothel businesses; please take your sexy clothes to somewhere else. If you want to have an attention from some men; please go to a night-club and they will hit you fo sho. Please wear the modest clothes so I could focus on my lifting and crossfit’s WODs. When the women wears the very suggestive clothes and they are disrespecting me and few other men and women.

Take your own advice: If you don't like to see something like that then I'd suggest you to leave the gym or close your eyes.
    My biggest peeve is that some people don't do the right form of lifting and they think they are doing it right. For example, 90% of times I see people doing the squat is called, "partial-squat". (They didn't squated their hip below of their knees.) Jeez, those people need to learn how to do it right. Here is other thing, some people are doing the deadlift in a wrong form (back rouding). I was really hoping that they didn't break their backs (yes, that was really bad). Some people think they will get stronger by using the machines (oh please); please learn to do the barbells and that is how you will get stronger.

Take your own advice: If you don't like to see something like that then I'd suggest you to leave the gym or close your eyes.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Grunting and dropping weights in the gym is very normal thing. If you don't like to hear something like that then I'd suggest you to leave the gym or plug your ears. Please watch several of the Olympics lifting: they drops their barbells as it was a normal routine. If you don't agree with it then you must be really naive with the lifting and gym's business. Please don’t tell me to not drop my barbells and making grunt sounds.

If you don't like to hear the weights being dropped on the floor, okay, try to put down the barbell when you are holding 225 lbs barbell over your head in the snatch or jerk position. That isn't easy to put it down on the floor without making a noise.

I don't want someone to clean their sweat after they are done with an exercise. I want to clean it by myself so that way I know it is clean for me. The gym is filled with germs and get over with it. If you don't like germs then don't go to the gym; please buy all the equipments for yourself at your house.

The gym is filled up with many strange smells and that is very normal thing. Please don't tell me to fix my smell or bo. If you don't like the smell at the gym then please leave.

You're such a pleasant person..
  • i hate when people watch me.
    when i'm dying on the treadmill (practically the only machine i know how to use safely)
    i don't want some older muscular good looking man staring at me, even if it has nothing to do with flirting.
    i just want to be in my little corner, sweat like a pig, and die on that friggin machine.
  • Jindra12
    Is that a metaphor for something?

Have you done a power snatch and a power clean and jerk?

Are you being a smart-mouth? The reality is that a gym isn't a brothel business, unless it is a brothel gym; therefore take your suggestive clothes to some where else. You know what I am talking about, unless you are really an adulterous (player) guy.

[/quote]

That concern was for the people who doing the wrong from of lifting. They are proned to get injuried by doing them. If a gym get lots of people injuried and I don't think that gym will last long.

Other thing, I have notice with your comment. If you have done a wrong form of lifting then I don't think I would want to help you with the way you said in your comment.

Some people did the wrong from of lifting, I would walk up to them to correct the form to help them to lift right. It happened to me with some folks at the gym. However, 90% of the times people doesn't want listen to my advices and they think they are professionals; okay have fun with the doctor visits.
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone.

I definitely do not wear makeup to the gym, I'm getting sweaty not joining a beauty pageant! I do however bring it with me and put it on after my shower.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    i don't want some older muscular good looking man staring at me, even if it has nothing to do with flirting.
    i just want to be in my little corner, sweat like a pig, and die on that friggin machine.

Aww, watching the little piggys sweat (your words, not mine) on the treadmill is so much fun. You have to do something between sets. Staring at myself in the mirror is boring and the dumbbell rack isn't doing anything interesting but just sitting there. I could count ceiling fan revolutions but that makes me cross-eyed.

Biggest pet peeve last night..... Everyone magically knew that I wanted to use the chest fly machine. As soon as someone got off it another person would leap from the treadmill and start using it. I wasn't watching to critique. I was just watching to see if my prayer of having that machine freed up was going to be answered. It's right behind the treadmills so I'm sure they thought I was watching them.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Spiders.

I work out in my basement/"crawl space."
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    1 - women wearing clothes that hide everything
    2 - women that don't smell nice
    3 - women that stay in the cardio section and don't come join me in the weights room
    4 - women that look rough as houses and give painful scornful looks at the lookers in the gym
    5 - women that don't appreciate a good body and read a book whilst working out
    6 - women that don't look like xPrincessx

List goes on and on...
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    The new years revolutionaries as I like to call them. They are the ones who make a new years resolution to get in shape. You know the ones. Get there at the start of a new year. Hog all the equipment or take up room in a class. You can tell they don't want to be there. Then by March they are all gone. I went to a gym years ago where we couldn't even get into our classes for all of them. And they put forth no effort when they were there.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    1 - women wearing clothes that hide everything
    2 - women that don't smell nice
    3 - women that stay in the cardio section and don't come join me in the weights room
    4 - women that look rough as houses and give painful scornful looks at the lookers in the gym
    5 - women that don't appreciate a good body and read a book whilst working out
    6 - women that don't look like xPrincessx

List goes on and on...

So, just women then. :laugh:
  • Bluescat1
    Bluescat1 Posts: 207 Member
    Guys that sit in the steam room without a towell naked or get in whirlpool naked. I just don't get it.
  • SethosTBG
    SethosTBG Posts: 16 Member
    I'd have to agree with you on those.
  • Su funny and true!!! All of them! Lmao!!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    -Gyms trying to push their 900 dollar personal training package on you

-They guy that thinks because you are a woman you don't know what you are doing

-The gym running out of paper towels leaving me with nothing to clean the machines with (this happened to me today)

-All of the good equipment reserved for those with the 900 dollar personal training packages

-Slow jams playing on the gyms speakers. I used to go to a gym that would do this and I noticed I was going slower and slower o the treadmill. I don't have to like the song, but it needs to be fast

-People who monopolize the machines

Earlier someone mentioned women shouldn't wear just sports bras. I used to do it all the time and when I get my body back, I will surely do it again. It motivates me to see fit women, and if you are going to hate on women that can pull of just wearing a sports bra, use that hate to motivate you

-
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member

1.) Guys that spend more time looking in the mirror at themselves than they do lifting weights. A group of four guys at my gym do that. I wonder just how many successful relationships start at gyms...hmm.

Ok, I did that one day last week, I caught myself in the big mirror wall, and though "holy f#!k! My legs got bigger." which probably wouldn't happen (the surprise, not the size increase) if the mirrors in our house were at a useful hight. (My wife made me change medicine cabinets to one that I can barely use to shave with, because the old one was low enough that she might accidentally see her chest in. Only one mirror even goes to my stomach, and it is kinda covered with random stuff. My wife hates mirrors.) (And she is a size 2!)
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Personal trainers that are out of shape. We've got quite a few trainers at my gym, I'd say maybe 5-6 that do different days. I can honestly say there is only one of them that I would chose to have a session with purely judging by his body. Maybe this is just me but I wouldn't use an out of shape personal trainer. Wouldn't really motivate if they can't practise what they preach!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Those dudes who strut around like they own the place even though they look ridiculous from working out everything but the legs.
  • Jindra12
    Those dudes who strut around like they own the place even though they look ridiculous from working out everything but the legs.

YES!!!!