Biggest Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options
YaBoiMUGS
YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
Share yours, but here are some of mine.

1. Guys that sit around and chit chat for like an hour, especially when they're holding up a piece of equipment or weights. I mean seriously, can you chatty cathys go grab a cup of coffee or something? I'm trying to get swole here!

2. Guys that go to the gym, and whose top priority is to pick up girls. I'm pretty sure the young lady came here to workout, not listen to your pick-up lines. (Although I do enjoy watching this from time to time. Some of the funniest rejections I've seen happened at gyms.)

3. That know-it-all guy, whose sole purpose is to walk around the gym and tell you that you're doing it wrong. Look at me, I'm pretty sure I have a grip on my workouts. Next time I need HGH advice, I'll come find you.

4. People who don't wipe after they use the equipment. I mean, come on! Really?

These are just a few of mine. Are you guilty of any of these? Do you have any of your own? Let me know.

Replies

• anihop
    anihop Posts: 18
    Options
    People that talk on their cell phone while on the treadmill.

I totally agree about the people that don't wipe down the equipment - Gross!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    People doing curls in the squat rack.

People working out directly in front of the dumbbell racks.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Women that come in with no make up and any old shirt they pull off the floor.

people that stare at me when im on my phone.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options
    People that talk on their cell phone while on the treadmill.

I totally agree about the people that don't wipe down the equipment - Gross!

Most of the gyms I've been to don't allow that
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above!!! I go to a local Y, it tends to be older members. They are some chatty people.

We have one lady who will get all worked up if someone takes "her" elliptical before she gets there on her "normal" time. I have been known to use that machine on purpose. But to be honest it is the best location, right under the fan!!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    Options

People working out directly in front of the dumbbell racks.

Ah yes, the one-arm dumbbell row guys. Gotta love those guys.
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    1. Girls who spend two hours getting ready just to go to the gym and you can smell their perfume a mile away!

2. Girls who do not work up a sweat, you are at the gym to lose weight not to look pretty and pick up guys.

3. Girls who wear just a sports bra in front of the whole gym... I do not care how skinny you are it is just wrong!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    People who either don't re-rack the weights or can't put them in their proper place. Seriously, what time does the care center bus come to pick you back up?
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

^this
    and girls that come in with a full face of fresh make up and "work out" with their hair down.
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    People checking/chatting on their phones. It shouldn't even be in the gym!

Men lifting heavy weight (badly) which they obviously can't handle

Women lifting incredibly light weights which are evidently providing no resistance (of course it's sometimes appropriate to use them)

Guys who walk away from a bench/machine/whatever and then if you go near it say "I'm using that"
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Guys that grunt and drop weights.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    1. Girls who spend two hours getting ready just to go to the gym and you can smell their perfume a mile away!

2. Girls who do not work up a sweat, you are at the gym to lose weight not to look pretty and pick up guys.

3. Girls who wear just a sports bra in front of the whole gym... I do not care how skinny you are it is just wrong!

anyone ever notice that the only people who ever have these complaints at the gym are other women:laugh:
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Guys that grunt and drop weights.

Oh yeah, dropping weights is a right wind up - I've almost had my foot crushed by someone else's falling iron!
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    people, especially men, who don't put the weights back. so many times there is a few hundred pounds left on a row machine, or a leg press. so if i want to use the machine i have to take all those 45 pound weights off. it's ridiculous.
    and the people who don't wipe down the machines after they finish.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My peeve is when I go to the gym and there's too many damn people that the machines are never available. Some gyms only seem to care about making their quotas. I used to go to Zumba classes but the classes were so full I couldn't even get a full workout without bumping into someone. I stopped going to the gym and I'm now working out at home using my own body as a weight. So far I'm liking it and I'm saving money on the membership.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    At the gym I go to, we have a long line of treadmills but 2 of them are specific to running(shorter belt, more give) and while I was training for my half I would always use them and only them - so I would hate it when walkers get on there and just chat with their friend on the other machine.

The walkers like these machines cause they have an incline of 50 whereas the other machines only go to an incline of 30 - really, you need to walk at a 50 incline(they don't).

Now that my half is over, go for it ladies, enjoy the machines.

I am sure how I feel isn't entirely normal, but some of us are treadmill divas :laugh:
  • blondiek91
    blondiek91 Posts: 22
    Options

anyone ever notice that the only people who ever have these complaints at the gym are other women:laugh:

It doesn't bother me when girls put loads of effort in to go to the gym but what the point? Your make-ups going to sweat off n your hairs gonna get a mess
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

It doesn't bother me when girls put loads of effort in to go to the gym but what the point? Your make-ups going to sweat off n your hairs gonna get a mess

thats the thing those girls don't sweat!! :laugh:
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I do not see a problem with girls wearing only sports bras at the gym. I personally dont do it but then again I don't have the stomach for it. Sometimes when I see girls like that then it encourages me to push harder to get that flat toned stomach.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I hate when people judge me when I'm at the gym then post about it on the internet. It's none of your damn business how long it took me to get ready or if I'm sweating or not.