Do you believe in 'soulmate' concept?

Options
TitanGM
TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
Is very often used to describe the ideal person for you, or 'the other half'. Do you believe in that statement as an absolute truth, or as a relative statement to describe your actual partner?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I believe there's at least one person out there for everyone.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do.
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I did, then we broke up...
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I don't think you always end up with your soul mate though.
  • TitanGM
    Options
    I did, then we broke up...

Meaningful
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I believe there's at least one person out there for everyone.

This.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I think a person can have more than one soul mate. My husband is my soul mate, but so is my best girl friend. We have different kinds of relationships, of course.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I had an amazing connection with a guy once, it was freaking mind blowing. Sadly, it wasn't the 'right' time. :cry:
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think people change so much over time..it's nearly impossible for 2 people to grow, mature, and change.... yet not grow apart...and stay together and sustain love, respect, trust, attraction on all levels......
    I think very very very few people will have a relationship with someone they consider a soul mate in life...those are some very luck people that do!
  • TitanGM
    Options
    Yes, but I think a person can have more than one soul mate. My husband is my soul mate, but so is my best girl friend. We have different kinds of relationships, of course.

Interesting application. So basically we can have many soul mates, but not related to the same position in our life.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I think so. I think my partner is pretty close to that. He's logical and I'm chaotic, he's organized and I'm disorganized. Somehow we complement each other. Two halves of a whole and all that cheesy shizz
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

One of mine has fur.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I think we all have people that are "meant" to be with us during certain points of our lives.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    As much as I am madly in love with my husband I don't think he is the ONLY one on this entire earth that I could be happy with...

I am rather uncomplicated and easy to get along with and to please.... I am sure I could fall in love with many different men on this planet and live happy for the rest of my life......
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    L
    I think people change so much over time..it's nearly impossible for 2 people to grow, mature, and change.... yet not grow apart...and stay together and sustain love, respect, trust, attraction on all levels......
    I think very very very few people will have a relationship with someone they consider a soul mate in life...those are some very luck people that do!

No. I follow the same belief as the above poster in broader scientific terms. :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I detest that stupid word, and the very concept.

I think people that are meant to be together find each other because of circumstance, because of common interests, and because they are LOOKING........................but a soulmate? ONE person for each man/woman?

nah.....................that's just crazy talk :noway: :noway: :noway:
    and annoying.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I used to believe in soulmates....now it's more a concept of someone who is just meant to be a part of my life....and I'm glad that I didn't stop at the person I thought was my soulmate, because I wouldn't be with the person now that has made me the happiest, feeling the most alive, best person that I could be :)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Nope. But maybe that's just me. I'm kind of hard to get along with apparently.
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nope. My soul is quite complete all by itself, thank you very much :tongue: But I am willing to concede that I might be a bit weird. (only 'might', mind you :wink: )
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    yes, I do. And as mentioned, that person may not be your SO.