Do you believe in 'soulmate' concept?

Options

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I think a person can have more than one soul mate. My husband is my soul mate, but so is my best girl friend. We have different kinds of relationships, of course.

This is how I view soul mates. They are more other souls that positively impact your soul through many different lives and can play different roles in your current life. Do I believe there is one person out there who is perfect for me in a way no one else is? No.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I really just don't know how to answer that question anymore...

If I have one, I haven't met him yet.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

Crap. Now I have the d@mn Michael Buble song stuck in my head. :grumble:
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I believe you have many people that would compliment you and you them. Not one particular "soul mate". There are a lot of people in the world and to consider having only one that is our soul mate is kind of sad. What if you never have the chance to even meet that one person?
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I didn't believe in soulmates at all until I met my husband. Now that I have, it's amazing- we never argue, bicker, get resentful or annoyed at each other. We are best friends in every way.- a perfectly matched pair. After all of this time, it still blows my mind thinking about it. In the past I "settled" in relationships and ended up in a *horrible* first marriage. If I could give just one piece of advice to anyone who is single- Do Not Settle- it will be worth the wait!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I used to believe in soulmates....now it's more a concept of someone who is just meant to be a part of my life....and I'm glad that I didn't stop at the person I thought was my soulmate, because I wouldn't be with the person now that has made me the happiest, feeling the most alive, best person that I could be :)

I completely agree with this. I know for myself there have been certain people in my life at certain times....where it all just fit and made sense. I believe that a person can have a soulmate, but also believe that they can have more than one in their lifetime. Some people can spend their life with one person, one soulmate....but sometimes people change and life's difficulties can really play a role in what happens.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Totally did not intend to do that... I hate that song!! :mad:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    yes. I believe that 2 people can be connected in miraculous ways. my girl friend brought it up once when I told her about dreams I have had and times when I just knew something was going to happen or happen to a specific person.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

I love that song! it gives me hope! :flowerforyou:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Well I believe there has to be at least one person on Earth who would mesh well with me.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

I don't like MB, but that's the only song I have on my iPod of him lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I don't like MB, but that's the only song I have on my iPod of him lol

It's just too pop for me! I've probably heard it like 80 million times in the last 3 weeks!!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I used to believe in soulmates....now it's more a concept of someone who is just meant to be a part of my life....and I'm glad that I didn't stop at the person I thought was my soulmate, because I wouldn't be with the person now that has made me the happiest, feeling the most alive, best person that I could be :)

Very logical, and I absolutely agree with that statement too. Some people appear in our life out of nowhere, and change it because intentionally or not we needed that kind of change the most in that particular time..
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I believe it. There's always someone out there for everyone. Some just have to search harder than others.
  • pseusie
    pseusie Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't believe in soulmates so much as kindred spirits-- people who fit into your life in ways that most others don't. And I think you can certainly have more than one in a lifetime (or even more than one at a time).
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think "soulmate" is a woman's fantasy. I think pretty much any 2 people can get together and be happy together if they come in open minded and are willing to be mature and compromise.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I believe that our souls are touched only by a very few select others at very select few times. That being said, I also believe that people can grow into (and out of) the roles over time rather than just being it from the very first time you meet.

Not sure how that all fits with the general concept of "soulmate", but it's how I think about it.
  • Merithyn
    Options
    I don't believe in soulmates so much as kindred spirits-- people who fit into your life in ways that most others don't. And I think you can certainly have more than one in a lifetime (or even more than one at a time).

Yes, that's probably closer to what I believe than the idea of a soulmate. Well said.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right. You create your universe, if you believe, than it exists. If you don't, then it doesn't. It's simple and its not a debate.
  • Merithyn
    Options
    I think "soulmate" is a fantasy. I think pretty much any 2 people can get together and be happy together if they come in open minded and are willing to be mature and compromise.

FYP

Not only women believe in it, you know.