Hesitant about accepting friends requests from young men

Options
124»

Replies

• TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's just looking for a "safe" friend. Someone he can feel comfortable with and not feel the pressure of sharing his struggles of his weight with a girl considered more of a peer. You could always accept and see if it seems ok and if it seems weird you could delete him.

^^^This^^^
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i think its great to have a mixture of friends on here to encourage you...as others have said you can always delete if you dont match well as friends for whatever reason. And im sweet with the fact they may want to talk about women issues, men issues, kid issues or whatever...its awesome being able to come on here to share good stuff, crazy stuff and to vent about issues if you need to!

This
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone Want to be friends with me D:?

Sure, why not? Add me if you want
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have several young men on my friends list. We can talk about my kids.:laugh: And, actually they usually have great advice for me.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    WORK IT!

golden-girls-Favim.com-370978.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • adamsurpren
    Options
    I've had my friend requests rejected/ignored by a few older women. I mean...this isn't a dating site. It's a fitness site for people to encourage, support and inspire one another. People are people. Some of us really just want to help. I don't see the point of ignoring certain types on a website like this.Take what you can get and be thankful for it, give em a chance at least.
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    I know its any1 will to except anyone they want...but please read before judging :)
    Im sorry, but as an 18 year old male, i find this post to be a little dis-heartening, as i know think people don't look at my picture and profile, and think... " oh an 18 year old MALE wants to add me, I'm glad he wants to start young, and good look to him", but they think "oh my god he wants to have sex with me, and chat me up"???
    If this was a post of and 18 Y/O male, saying he doesn't know if he should add a older woman, nobody in that category, would like to know that they're judged on things like that.
    When i signed up to this site, it was because i needed some moral support, in my journey on losing weight, and had heard that this sight was full of people all ages, who weren't judgemental, and didn't pre-judge me on my first appearance.
    I have a friend on this sight, and she is a 68 year old female, and she is one of the most inspirational people to me...
    I add all kinds of people, because they are inspirational to me and motivational, not because i like their profile picture.
    Im not saying that some of the girls and women are not beautiful on here as, they are, but i dont judge everyone on their pictures, all 18 year old males, aren't all outrageous, and looking for sex everywhere, ask their mums, what their opinion is off them. i know there are probably some mums of 18 year old males on here, and would tell you we are not all bad, and stuff like this doesnt help, when trying to meet new people, as i want to use this site for its number one goal...WEIGHT LOSS, im not saying that two people couldnt get together off this site, *kitten* love works in mysterious ways. But i wish people would just get to know someone before discriminating against us. I know their are probably going to be people with completly different views, bu this is mine :) Not meaning to offend anyone!!!
    Feel free to message me your responses on this if you have any :) Thanks
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    This is a place for encouragement, I accept all friend requests, you never know who you may help or who may help you

^ This
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    If my kids are anything to go by then the amount of online friends that they have is pretty important!

He may well have seen your posts and thus respects you and your opinions and would like you as a friend for support, encouragement and advice......

Or he may just be bumping his 'numbers' up
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i openly admitted to standing in a cold shower just to see what my side boob shadow would look like on the wall.... lol and 100 friends on my list secretly do the same lol check my profile and guess which ones do lol
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options

What are some male problems??

We can start with jock itch, move on to enlarged prostate and then ED. BTW, that's not eating disorder? Why are you curious about these things?
    Because I'm surrounded by periods, cramps, pms, uterus explosion, etc. I thought it would be refreshing to hear the man issues you guys complain about...but it's not :grumble:

The men that I associate with don't complain about male issues. It's never discussed. We also never go to the restroom in pairs.

:yawn:

Periods really aren't that bad in general, and you can always take aspirin. I mean, I don't because I'm not a p*ssy about it, but each to their own. No one likes to hear someone whine about their cramps (or male issues if you're a guy). Hurr. Perhaps I'm blessed with sensible people on my friend's list who don't rant on and on about these things. :laugh:
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me but sounds nice!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    this!
    I like the young ones...
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I know its any1 will to except anyone they want...but please read before judging :)
    Im sorry, but as an 18 year old male, i find this post to be a little dis-heartening, as i know think people don't look at my picture and profile, and think... " oh an 18 year old MALE wants to add me, I'm glad he wants to start young, and good look to him", but they think "oh my god he wants to have sex with me, and chat me up"???
    If this was a post of and 18 Y/O male, saying he doesn't know if he should add a older woman, nobody in that category, would like to know that they're judged on things like that.
    When i signed up to this site, it was because i needed some moral support, in my journey on losing weight, and had heard that this sight was full of people all ages, who weren't judgemental, and didn't pre-judge me on my first appearance.
    I have a friend on this sight, and she is a 68 year old female, and she is one of the most inspirational people to me...
    I add all kinds of people, because they are inspirational to me and motivational, not because i like their profile picture.
    Im not saying that some of the girls and women are not beautiful on here as, they are, but i dont judge everyone on their pictures, all 18 year old males, aren't all outrageous, and looking for sex everywhere, ask their mums, what their opinion is off them. i know there are probably some mums of 18 year old males on here, and would tell you we are not all bad, and stuff like this doesnt help, when trying to meet new people, as i want to use this site for its number one goal...WEIGHT LOSS, im not saying that two people couldnt get together off this site, *kitten* love works in mysterious ways. But i wish people would just get to know someone before discriminating against us. I know their are probably going to be people with completly different views, bu this is mine :) Not meaning to offend anyone!!!
    Feel free to message me your responses on this if you have any :) Thanks

Interesting - since somewhere else you admit you are under 18