JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    BUMP!! Thanks Mel!! :flowerforyou:
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1 chunked up frozen banana
    some water (not too much to begin with)
    some powdered milk (can get extra calcium without the extra liquid...and it's cheaper than using milk.)

Blend it up. This is the "base". From here you can add just about anything. My favorite is other frozen fruits...I like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Sometimes I do more banana and some peanut butter and chocolate carnation instant breakfast for a chocolate peanut butter smoothie. Delish!

If it gets too thick, add more water...little bit at a time. To add thickness, add additional powdered milk, or other things like wheat germ, protein powder, or powdered egg whites to get an extra calcium or protein kick!

Voila! I love these things.
  • nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    NOW THAT SOUNDS YUMMY!!!!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I use the yoplait frozen smoothie bags or fresh fruit, a scoop of protein powder, milk and ice. I sometimes put in a container of Greek yogurt.
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    hmmmm let's see..............

leftover pizza,
    half a beer

lol

i have a fruit one and a peanut butter one

fruit - frozen fruit, scoop of whey, soy milk, dannon l/f fruit yogurt of some kind

peanut butter - soy milk, tblsp peanut butter, 1/2 cup oatmeal (cooked), scoop of whey, vanilla yogurt - dannon l/f of course

used to use the flax seed also but ran out - got to get to the store!!!
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    Someone's already posted something similar, but I use a frozen banana and I think that makes all the difference:

1/2 frozen banana
    2 frozen strawberries
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    8 oz OJ

I get it all together when I make my coffee and let the fruit thaw a little while I'm getting ready then zip it up in my magic bullet (which is AWESOME!!).
  • rinerlt
    rinerlt Posts: 3
    Options
    i love my magic bullet too! :)

my smoothie consists of:

1 c. lowfat yogurt
    1 tbs. honey
    and a mix of fruit i have on hand: handful of frozen blueberries, handful of frozen strawberries, half a banana
    2 ice cubes

it's so yummy and keeps me full until lunch time!
  • LadyRedundantWoman
    Options
    1/2 or 1 scoop of jay robb vanilla flavored whey protein powder
    5 frozen strawberries
    handful of frozen blueberries
    handful of frozen red raspberries
    1 tbsp of barleans flaxseed oil
    1/4 to 1/2 cup water
    I have started added a handful of spinach, which you don't taste.

I blend this in my Magic Bullet blender. The protein powder helps with flavor and creaminess. I use frozen fruit to avoid adding ice. I don't use fruit juices to avoid extra calories.
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I always do a protein smoothie. Chocolate protein (one scoop) one whole banana one cup of skim milk and some ice. If its not a protein smoothie then skim milk, frozen blue berries, strawberries bananas and peaches
  • robstot
    robstot Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    All these sound really yummy!

So to those who put in yogurt - do you always use frozen yogurt or do you use like dannon? lol Weird/stupid question, I know.

I use fresh fruti, bananas, blueberries or saskatoon berries, strawberries, and Yoplait Source Yogurt, usually berry or vanilla (this only has 35 claories and no extra sugar) and one scoop of my protein powder and a little skim milk