Just me?

Options

Replies

• wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I really do love it. All of it. I am so passionate about weight lifting and trying to see how much better I can make myself. LOVE IT. even the veggies! That isn't to say I DON"T like a bacon cheeseburger. But I am still happy with my veggies and fish.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercise. I love to ride my bike. I love to dance (as long as no one is watching). I love to walk. I love to hike.

However...I have been trying to run for 5 months now and I SUCK at it. I hate it. And I wonder if the world will come to an end if I never try again. My husband tells me I am not going to lose my "gut" as he lovingly puts it, unless I run. He said I am not burning enough calories and need to up it to 1,000 per day. I hate it. Honestly, I would rather just eat one pea a day if it meant never having to look like a fool running again.

Your husband needs a nut slap. If mine every told me that, that is what he would get. As long as you are burning more than you eat, you will lose weight.
    I am awful at running too, but I do it.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Really? Thats sad. You do not view being healthy the right way.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Making sure I have time to workout is what I don't like. I enjoy doing it though. Both my strength and cardio workout have enough "change" in them that I don't get bored.

As for food, I usually look for healthier versions of things I love so I'm not really bored. I've found a really good recipe for Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Vegan French Toast, and Blueberry Barbecue sauce. I get to feed myself without all the extra calories. Try fitness magazine, they have TONS of really good recipes. My mom is a picky eater and she loves a lot of my "health" food :)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I do really enjoy exercising, especially Zumba and I'm starting to enjoy running a bit more.

However, I do not enjoy small portions. But I've found that with exercise.. I don't have to eat small portions.. So that's a win!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I like eating well and treating my body right. I like having energy. I like being covered in sweat and feeling like a total badass. I like vegetables. I like water. I like being able to do the things I want to do because my body is in better condition than it has ever been in my life and I no longer have to sit back and watch other people accomplish the things I want. I like running five miles at a time two times a week. I like hiking and fresh air.

I like cookies.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love rock climbing so much I could throw up on my shoes.
    I love weight lifting.
    I love the way I feel when I run.
    I love dancing (ballet, hip hop) more than anything or any human being.

I hate the elliptical.

I LOVE VEGETABLES! And bacon cheeseburgers.
  • Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So really, dig deep down before you answer this. Forget the positive attitude just for a minute.

Who REALLY likes to exercise? Who REALLY likes to eat mini portions of boring food?

Hell no, not me.

I see people... "Ohhh my green beans and mushed cauliflower was super! So tasty!" and "I am so excited to go out and run/go to the gym"

Me? I hate it. I do it because I don't want to be fat. It is THAT simple!

I'm with you.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    The trainer that got me started toward my fitness goal once told me "No one likes to workout, what you like is the results"! And I completely agree!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Really? Thats sad. You do not view being healthy the right way.

This
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Believe me it isn't just you if I could take a magic pill and be at my goal weight I would in a heartbeat!! Not that I don't enjoy the exercise part I just like food way to much, and wish I could eat whatever I wanted...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I love it! I eat more than I ever have in my life, and I eat whatever I want! Plus on workout days I get to eat an extra 400-800 calories and still lose 2lbs per week!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I find eating healthier mundain...but I dont hate it! Its a lot of work preparing all what I eat...I feel ya on the cardio- the closest thing that I do that I dont loathe is running, still not a huge fan yet! I do LOVE lifting weights though- never in a million years would have figured that...so...you need to find something that you like and it will be a lot easier!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I think people have their preferences. There are some workouts people like to do, and others that they don't like.

For example, I love surfing vs. weight machines at the gym. Which choice can I fit into my regular schedule more often? The gym because I work in the morning. Yes, you must also factor in all of life's gifts, such as work, kids (not a mom yet hehe), and social life. It can be exhausting. It just depends on how all of these factors mesh together.

As for the food---I love broccoli, which I never ate in my life before I started MFP lol. There are healthy meals I DO enjoy eating. BUT most preparation does suck...especially after a long day! I want nothing more than my food to be prepared when I get home! I don't hate it either, just as with exercise, it just depends on your schedule.

I suppose it depends on how badly you want to achieve results as well.
    :flowerforyou:
  • La_Lola
    La_Lola Posts: 10
    Options
    Really?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    there are two types of people in this world: people that hate exercise, and MUDDERF**KING LIARS!!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am getting to where I like exercise. It's helping me clear my mind, its helping me have "me" time.. I have some amazing friends on here that are helping me with advice on training for a triathlon... 3 months ago, I never would have thought I would be doing this. I have a goal and a focus.. Its amazing.
    I am learning to cook fulfilling healthy foods. I do have splurges.. but overall, I feel 45094860578 times better when I eat healthy foods vs quick easy crap.

Sorry you aren't happy with life. :flowerforyou:
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    The food part I'm fine with. Small portions of food that's prepared right is very enjoyable. During any phase of life when I "ate whatever" I've always felt physically rotten, even if I wasn't overweight. Exercise is another matter. I LOVE to run and do other cardio activities - but mostly run. I religiously do the weight lifting because I know I need to, but I don't really enjoy it. I don't lift so I can eat. I lift so I can run.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I realized today on my walk/run/gasp that yes, I hate running. But I hate being fat more. So I run.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love exercise. I love being able to go a little harder and/or faster each time and realising how fit I've become since last year (when I started regularly exercising). I love it when my top is drenched in sweat and my face is red. I also love having a plate full of healthy, colourful food that I can have tons of because it's low in calories.

I also love beer (in fact, most alcohol), pizza, chocolate and watching truly terrible TV under the duvet. I still have all these things in my life. I just don't eat food like that to excess anymore and I've grown to hate sitting still for too long.

What I REALLY hated was being heavier than I'd ever been in my life, feeling bad about the way I looked and having bad skin from all the crap food I was eating. Exercise and a healthy diet totally trumps that.