If you could give only one tip.....

Options

Replies

• toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Move, just start moving..walk, ride a bike, gym. It helps so much. Cardio and strenght training.
    Log everything
    Drink water..LOTS
    Eat when your hungry, listen to your body
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    :happy: If you miss regular soda - try this - get 90% diet soda and only add 10% of regular. I just tell the clerk to give me diet coke with a splash of regular coke. I swear it takes better than the regular or the diet and no guilt!
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    opps! again I rambled on...sorry :)
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    I don't drink sodas anymore but when I drank diet coke, I added lemon to it and it tasted as good as the original coke. But if you can, try not to drink diet soda.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    1. Move more
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Log everything as you eat it
    4. Don't starve yourself
    5. Dont deprive yoursel of foods you love...just eat them in moderation, as long as they are not trigger foods.
    6. Get down to the root of the problem and find out why you gained the weight to begin with. I highly recommend reading The Beck Diet Solution (deals with the emotional aspect of losing weight and works with any eating plan).
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    don't be hard on yourself. even if you fail many times learn how to forgive yourself, that is the only way you will succeed.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Don't follow advice that ends with "it worked for me."
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Learn to have a healthy relationship with food by practicing and developing better Eating habits. Healthy does not mean eat it all and it doesnt mean to avoid it... It does not mean to feed your feelings, it is to nourish your body, which in turn nourishes your soul...
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Be your own experiment, be prepared to think holistically.

Very soon after that THEN cut grains, starches and sugar :D
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    don't stress and keep trying! :D
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Do what works for u. If ur losing weight, there is no need to adjust it.
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Water Water Water Water did I mention Water lol.:smile:
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Exercise and eat healthy because you love your body not because you hate it.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Step away from the scale!! Measure you progress in inches instead.
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't starve ever on Earth!:smile:
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Log every single little thing, even if it doesnt have calories, drink water and get moving :-D
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    When something goes wrong, which it will, don't give up
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    don't fill yourself with chemicals because it's labeled ''diet''. read labels! you want to be healthier, not just skinnier.
  • Aiddar
    Aiddar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Internalise "The Decision".

I have found that having people nag me to lose weight in many ways just made me get defensive and did not help. Any actions I took to lose weight due to external pressures I found myself resenting. As a result, I would yo-yo on a few pound down, a few pounds up - overall not good.

In the end, I had a bit of a revelation - *I* needed to lose weight, not anyone else. In a year's time, unless I act now I will be the same weight I am now, but another year will have gone by. As such, it becomes a personal decision, an act of control, that I *will* not be the smae a year from now, and that the decision is MINE - no-one elses. Having supportive people around is incredibly helpful, but the decision must be yours, not theirs, and you have to accept it internally.

That said, I have a long road to follow and am just starting out - knowing it is a long road can be depressing, but each step along the way, each pound lost, is a proof that I am in control of my body.

Just my tuppence worth....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!