It is preferrable to learn to eat in moderation and do not deprive yourself
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself daily you'll drive yourself MAD
  • EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to the NSV's--that's non-scale victories. I've lost weight before (60 lbs) and put it back on with interest but I didn't pay attention to my body and its changes. This time I'm taking the process slow, learning what I can eat and when, and noticing the little non-scale victories like my pants fitting loosely and the fat wings in the back are smaller and I can sit cross legged without holding onto my calves. This is my journey and I'm going to enjoy it!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    don't buy anything with a barcode printed on it.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain it overnight so don't expect to lose it overnight. Understand that it took years of unhealthy eating and no exercise to become overweight. Every step in the right direction is one step closer to your goal.

My favorite mantra when things get tough is 'quitting is easy." Remember that.
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't think I saw this one... Get clothes that fit properly. I used to wear baggy loose fitting clothes thinking I was hiding how big I was, it made me look bigger. Just wearing clothing that fit (properly, not tight or baggy) had people asking if I lost weight when I hadn't, it was very motivating.
    But don't go crazy with the shopping- you won't be in them long. Get rid of any clothing that is more than a couple sizes too big, donate/sell whatever. You don't want to work your way back into them.

Try different brands of water, they don't all taste the same and you might find one you prefer. will make the increasing your water intake easier.
  • _Punjab
    _Punjab Posts: 67
    Options
    Eat.

Eat small meals every few hours (I do every 2-3 hours). It keeps up your metabolism, keeps you full, and stops you from overeating. I find that it also REALLY helps to curb cravings.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!