If you could give only one tip.....

Options

Replies

• TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Biggest tip...be consistent.

More tips...just track everything. You will never truly know what you are eating unless you track it, or eat the same thing everyday after tracking that. Just build off of everything. Start working out and eating smaller portions. Once you plateau, become more strict on the diet. Once that plateaus, increase your workout regimen. It all takes time, but if you're in it for the long run, it will be well worth it.
  • tori_yates
    tori_yates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    STAY WAY FROM POTATOES, WHITE BREAD, PASTAS, AND WHITE RICE! THESE ARE YOUR ENEMIES! DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. EVEN BETTER...ADD LEMONS TO YOUR WATER. YOU'D BE VERY SURPRISED WITH YOUR RESULTS!

I eat white bread, potatoes, pasta, and white rice, and I lost 42 lbs.

Me too and I'm a total of 87 lbs down!
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, food is not the answer.

If you bite it, write it.

Haaa, and if you nibble it, scribble it!!! ;-D

Every Kernel, into the Journal...
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    STAY WAY FROM POTATOES, WHITE BREAD, PASTAS, AND WHITE RICE! THESE ARE YOUR ENEMIES! DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. EVEN BETTER...ADD LEMONS TO YOUR WATER. YOU'D BE VERY SURPRISED WITH YOUR RESULTS!

I eat white bread, potatoes, pasta, and white rice, and I lost 42 lbs.

Just visited my doctor. After being on a 1200-1400 calorie, vegan diet for several months, and losing nothing (with exercise 5x weekly) The doc said drop calories to 1000 and eat NO white foods, including bread, potatoes, rice, etc... some of us just have to do it that way. I for one, am feeling the pain. Lucky you, 42!! :)
  • Mgarcia4911
    Options
    If you watch and monitor calorie intake, you will automatically reduce everything! WATCH THE CALORIES! This is the simplest and least overwhelming way to get started and you WILL lose weight if you cut calories! I have battled for a long time with weight and can tell you that EVERY time I have decided to lose, its because I cut my calories which cut out all my overeating! Then when I gain it back its because I have let my awareness go! good luck OH YEAH!! KEY ADVICE<< WEIGH EVERY MORNING AND WHEN YOU SEE THAT 1 POUND UP, CUT MORE THAT DAY TO GET BACK DOWN CAUSE EVERY POUND LEADS TO ANOTHER!!
  • happienikki
    Options
    Eat clean. Workout hard. Be patient <3
  • atla_moves
    atla_moves Posts: 54
    Options
    Find out what works for YOU and don't listen to the nay-sayers.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all of the above but one other thing that helped me at start was observing a normal friend who never had a weight problem and taking note of how she prepared food and shopped ... I had to do groceries for her from her list ( cos she had broken both ankles) n I thought I made healthy choices til I did this. She patiently answered all my questions and let me look in her fridge. She also prepared a lot of her own foods. Going to mc donalds is a once a year treat for her kids n boy are they excited if it ever happens. She one of my biggest supporters now.
  • ptg_
    ptg_ Posts: 15
    Options
    If you have a lot of weight to lose, make ever 5lbs a goal. So, every weight loss goal is easily attainable and when you reach the goal you feel motivated to continue losing weight.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Monitor what you eat, but don't deprive yourself of anything. ie, if you are in the mood for ice cream, have a skinny cow or something like it. Same with chocolate. If you completely eliminate foods that you really love from your diet altogether, you will give up and quit. Find a way to eat those foods in moderation.

Good luck!
    Michelle
  • KeKy4
    KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Obviously you know, since you're here, but if someone on the street asked me, I'd say count calories. It seems like a pain, but you REALLY don't realize how many calories you can consume! For example you think a glass of skim milk, healthy right? A full glass of skim milk is nearly 200 calories! It's like that with a lot of things!
  • eugenenorris
    Options
    stick to it. stay with an all fiber diet. :smile:
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calories for the day.
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    If what you are doing isn't working, change it up a little until you find the right combination for you! Everyone is different :)
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Start today, don't push it off for tomorrow thinking..... this can wait, I can always do it later, it's not that bad. Start today. Keep it up tomorrow and in the future you'll love your self for it.:wink:
  • jfwarman
    jfwarman Posts: 6
    Options
    Scales for you and good scales for the kitchen.
    Weigh once a week despite the temptation.

Keep it basic... If it becomes a hassle you may slip.

BE HONEST... This is the true secret!! If you lie to the app you are only lying to yourself..
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Take the time to figure out what works for YOU - don't worry about what works for me, your brother, sister, friend, etc. Figure out what YOUR body needs and wants.
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    get a puppy. the hours of exercise they need everyday burns calories without you ever having to step into a gym!
  • KenRNhol22
    KenRNhol22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    AVOID mfp Forums. that is all.

They get me through the work day...Id actually have to do stuff I get paid for if it wasnt for MFP forums...

hahaha me too!
  • primal_p90x
    Options
    It doesn't matter how long, short, intense, frequency of your work outs, if your nutrition plan is bad your results will be bad. This is because the way you look/weigh is 80%-90% based on what you put in your mouth.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!