If you could give only one tip.....

Options

Replies

• Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Never forget the reason why you started....
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    never give up...
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Do your research, know what your BMR and TDEE are and eat accordingly.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Weigh, measure track everything you eat (it is a habit) ...just do it ....:smile:
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat accurately! this means learning how to properly read food labels and measure your portions. Good luck with your journey! :happy:
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, food is not the answer.

If you bite it, write it.

Haaa, and if you nibble it, scribble it!!! ;-D
    Going along with this.... we learned about BLTs at WW meetings a while back...

BLTs meaning BITES, LICKS, and TASTES. They add up and can sometimes be a good fraction for your daily calories!

Track EVERYTHING!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Don't make changes you aren't willing to commit to forever.

So many people lose a lot of weight by drastically changing their diet, and once they hit their goal they go back to eating (and doing) the same things that caused them to put on weight in the first place.

There is no way I am going to permanently remove rice, or cake, or carbs, or ice cream or fried foods from my diet, so what ever eating plan I am following needs to allow for those foods at whatever frequency makes sense. Cake, ice cream and fried food = infrequent. Rice = smaller portions. But neither means eliminating them forever.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Buy a water bottle, fill it up, and have it with you at all times.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    never give up...

that is THE funniest profile pic ever!
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    Figure out a healthy relationship with food.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It's not the strength in your muscles, but the strength in your WILL.
  • veerichie
    Options
    Be honest with your tracking and don't be afraid to track when you do bad.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Be 100% honest with yourself. If you can't do that, you are bound to slip and bound to fail.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Make it a 50...
  • KBienn
    KBienn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    log EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING,EVERYTHING, yes what you drink and ketchup and BBQ sauce, if it goes into your Body LOG IT.

so true!! i did a lot of estimating and ingored 15/30 cals here and there. as soon as i started to be SUPER precise with my logging (weighing to the exact gram etc ) i started to lose. boy, does that make a difference!

good luck!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Log your food. All of it, even the stuff you're ashamed of. Only then will you force yourself to be accountable for what you put in your mouth. Weigh & measure your portions so it's as accurate as possible.

Once you do that, you may find yourself motivated to make different choices about what you spend your calories on. Some things are worth it, others aren't.
  • veerichie
    Options
    Buy a water bottle, fill it up, and have it with you at all times.
    THIS. If you don't have it in front of you, you won't drink it!

Also buy a fun bottle/cup or fun straws. If you aren't a water person it will make drinking the water more enjoyable. (At least it does for me) :smile:
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I can't give just one...LOL

1. Measure everything...intake and exercise
    2. Drink your water and then drink some more
    3. Challenge yourself with exercise...never settle into a groove and get comfortable.
    4. Mix weights and cardio
    5. Eat good healthy food in proper proportions. Lean meats, nuts, beans, veggies, fruits, low-fat cheese, whole grain carbs, avocados.
    6. Sleep at least 6-8 hours a day
    7. Take a rest day when your body tells you to
    8. Don't obsess the scale
    9. Make peace that this is a journey and there is no final destination...only milestones.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, food is not the answer.

If you bite it, write it.

this.

water. drink lots and lots of it. if you don't like it, find some way you can get quite a bit in. I got a bigger container, one that holds 24oz and has a straw, so I'm getting 3 cups in 1. Makes me think I'm not drinking as much as I really am.

And find someone IRL if you can that will be your motivator - it really, really helps.
  • minxonastick
    Options
    Don't starve yourself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!